 |
| My restless group of Chickadees are waiting for me to read to them... |
 |
| This charming little chorus was singing to me as I brewed myself a pot of coffee... |
 |
| Life on the other side of my doors is awaiting another major winter storm, SO I welcomed "Giuseppe Armani's Birds on a snow branch" to join me for a reading of AESOP's Fables... Do you see their delight as they wait for me to begin! |
 |
| A Cute as a Button, "Boreal Chickadee"... He's the subject of Mr Armani's sculpture... Here he is pictured in Full Summer Splendor doing what He does Best..."Winning the Heart of Mankind"... |
 |
| "Doesn't looking at this little guy make the Sun Shine"... And "Your Heart Sing"??? |
 |
| I use these Stone Carvings as plate holders... They are remarkable, DEEPLY carved with their subjects (bunnies and raccoons)...Like a fossil on a slice of petrified tree... I bought them about 40 years ago and I've never seen anything like them... They look wonderful on the table for trivets to conduct heat or as I'm using them today under my coffee cup&saucers... |
 |
I made my "1st" garden shop visit the other day, Between Snowstorms... I spent HOURS just lingering in their greenhouses and thinking of the months ahead as I consumed all that WONDERFUL greenhouse humidity, signs of spring, and OH the smell of Good Dirt!!!Is it JUST ME or do all gardeners LOVE the smell of dirt???
I did buy something, the wicker covered tray in my photos. I fell in LOVE with it the minute I saw it... SO different and such a fun color(kind of a driftwood gray)... It's quite large and I know it's going to become one of My Favorite Things! |
 |
| My Little Feathered Friends were promised they could nibble on those iced ginger snowflakes once I start my reading... |
 |
| We Must Invite a Fox if we are Going to Talk about AESOP Fables...AND Oh Yes, I just happened to have a very close friend "That's a Fox"!!! |
My 1st Edition 1871 of this classic is in pristine condition with it's gilded gold edged pages "Waiting to be read"!!! You can go to the LINK(above) I posted and read it free... This Book of Fables, includes the Life of AESOP and his works masterfully printed in London with the original woodcarving from 1784... The link under the picture below will take you to the 1784 original woodcarving included in this 1st Edition...
 |
| If you haven't read AESOP'S FABLES "You MUST"... and If you only read them as a child, "It Doesn't Count"!!! Read them Now!!! They are Timeless AND Ageless!!! You don't EVEN have to look for this book or pay a penny to download because it was never copyrighted and you can read the exact book I own on the LINK I Posted for you... Consider me the Teacher and you the Student and I'm "Giving you that assignment"! I KNOW You'll Love it!!! |
 |
| "OK! So it's Boulders and not Grapes!!! BUT I got the Fox right and There's a "Whole Litter of those Cuties Stuffed in that Hole"!!! AND these are MY Neighbors that live in my yard! |
57 comments:
This has got to be the most charming post I have read and I will take you up on reading Aesop's Fables soon. How exciting that you have a family of fox so close by. Mother is gorgeous.
Carolyn/A Southerners Notebook
Oh this is just gorgeous. You always amaze me with how you put different things together and it looks like it came straight out of a magazine. I love everything. Stunning vignette. Thanks so much for joining TTT. Hugs, Marty
Donna, Aesop's Fables have long been favorites for me. I used many of them when I taught school. I have a book, but not this one. I must look for this. Thanks for sharing the links.
Beautiful vignette once again. Hope you are enjoying a cozy afternoon. Glad you got out between storms. The wicker covered tray would easily become a favorite here. ~ Sarah
Just beautiful Donna! Love your little Chickadees! Looks like at least 10" of snow for north of Philly tonight, gotta buy more Wheaties for shoveling:@)
Hello Donna, It's nice to meet you. Thank you for posting a comment on my blog. I appreciate it. It did see your Dec. post of the snow before. Beautiful. I love your chickadees on the branch. So cute. I will add you to my favorites. See you again soon.
Pamela
What a grand post! LOVE Aesop - have a wonderful evening reading...Happy White Wednesday!
Love the Chickadees! I also garden and I love the smell of dirt too, unfortunatly it's buried in couple of feet of snow right now....
Faye
WildRoseVintage
Beautiful post, Donna!
The chickadees and fables are wonderful!
Donna, your post is simply charming! You got me right away with the chickadees and fables! I have long loved fables and fairy tales. In fact, the kids used to tease me at school because I still loved reading them long after they had moved on to 'boys!' I guess there will always be a child within me! Loved your post and yes, we have tons of snow too and more on the way tomorrow!
Blessings to you,
Sandi
A beautiful, beautiful post...I don't know where to start...with the wonderful little birds, the book, cookies,photography ~ all simply wonderful. I have never seen a woven piece like you found, it almost looks like some kind of a bee skep, but not the right shape, it fits in perfectly with your cottage.
Charming! Your chickadees won my heart. As did he thought of reading aesop's fables again!
Donna, you are featuring two of my favorite animals, the fox and the chickadee. How adorable!
Listen, I am having great difficulty posting to your blog, and I'm betting other people are , too. Last year, a fellow blogger had snow on her blog, and it slowed it to a crawl. Yours is apparently doing the same thing. I don't want you to miss comments due to this problem. I think the snow just reuqires so much juice that the blog slows Waaaaaaay down if you have it set up with large pictures.
XO,
Sheila
Your photos are just lovely.
Donna this is just gorgeous and oh so quaint.
Love the cookies and the book!
Blessings
Rebecca
This is such a beautiful post that I don't know where to start...the bird figures, the stone carving, the cookies, the story...and all so wonderfully photographed. Just wonderful!
A lovely posting...photography, writing, and subject matter. I am, also, looking forward to Spring.
Love your photography, Donna!
Oooh I just love your little Chickadees!... we have them each morning at our feeders and I could just watch them all day... everything in your cottage is so beautiful, I love Nature!... I too am anxious for Spring, and posted today about visiting one of my favorite garden centers for the first time this Spring this morning... love your little fox as well... xoxo Julie Marie
Love your birdies!
Such an adorable post... thanks for sharing!!!
Blessings~~~ Daphne
Dear Donna,
thats truly a lovely post with the little Chickadees. They really look delighted waiting for their reader and nibbling on your beautiful ginger snowflakes. I am also delighted when I read your post. It is so cozy and made me smile for the rest of the day.
Greetings, Johanna
Hi Donna,
How cute and sweet are those little birdies?...Ceramic and real ones. Great pictures. Happy White Wednesday. Stay warm.
Hugs and Smiles,
♥Ana
Hi Donna,
I'm so sorry I have not written to you yet. I'm very behind on everything but I'm hoping to catch up after I'm feeling better.
I just love your post today. Well, I always love your posts. They are so beautiful.Gorgeous photos and lovely words, just like the lady who is writing them. :-)
Blessings to you today and I hope you and all your loved ones are well,
Susan
Hi, nice photos and the fox is cute.
I love this post, Donna! Your photos of the chickadees and the fox are just beautiful. We have had a fox running around the neighborhood {I live in the city}...I have only seen it at night so I took a good look at your pictures! Sort of scary! I have never read Aesop's Fables but you have lit the fire under me! Love all of your treasures!
XO,
Jane
I love to dig in dirt and plant things. The fox images are so beautiful. This is a charming post. Stay warm.
What a beautiful winter post! I really enjoyed it!!
Hugs,
Debbue
Donna, your posts are so inspiring. This one is simply *GORGEOUS* I love it! And...okay....Mrs. Teacher.....I'll take you up on the assignment because my daughter and I are enjoying Little Ellie Claus (we are reading it orally a chapter at a time). I love the pictures of the wildlife. And a first edition Aesop's Fables!!!! You are a lucky duck. I love your little birds on the branch. Okay so I need to quit typing and look at everything again. I love your blog! It is one of my very favorites :D
xoxoxo,
Ricki Jill
What sweet birdie pics! And I LOVE that old book!
*´¨)
¸.*´¸.**´¨) ¸.**´¨)
(¸.*´ (¸.*´* Lori Lynn *
PS: I'm having a 400th post giveaway!!
Hi there, I just love your blog! On my morning walk today, out in the fields, I ran into a red fox like this, he played a peek a boo game with me and then off he flew! Come say hi some time :D
This is a really beautiful post and vignette. So glad you reminded me of Aesop's Fables. Love your chickadees and your lovely photography.
Oh Donna, your fox photos are amazing! There used to be a red tailed fox crossing through our backyard every afternoon but I have not seen him for a long time now and I can never take his picture cause he is so fast. Your post is lovely, your accessories are so pretty and I see that you also used The Friendly Village tonight....Christine
The carvings, the colors, the textures combine perfectly to convey your observations and comparisons from real forest friends to the fabulous fables volume. Thank you for sharing your charming design. Cherry Kay
Donna, several of your talents are showing! :-) Wonderful post.
Between your sweet chickadees whom I adore, the beautiful fox which we see one now and then in our backyard, or the smell of a greenhouse in winter.....LOVE them all, Donna! :) What a wonderful way to spend a wintry day....
xoxo laurie
Such a fun post to read. Love your little birds and your copy of Aesop's Fables is wonderful. Blessings, Debbie
Donna -- I always love stopping by and this was no exception. Those carved "platters' are amazing and I loved your recommendation to read Aesop's fables again. Great photography. By the way, I have a few people who would like to be snowed in at Conghaile Cottage -- if we had to be snowed in. Joni
I love the shots of the chickadees and your Aesop’s Fables book. They are such wonderful stories. Great captures.
You always set a table that's so uncommon! This one is doubly so because of the wonderful shots you got of the outside. A fox? What next?
Someone said on another blog that if they were snowed in, they would want it to be at Conghaile Cottage. I told them I agreed whole heartedly.
And now, I want to go back and reread Aesops Fables.
This may be one of my favorite tablescape/photos of yours. The birds, the cookies, the teapot all so perfect with the book and other items. Your pictures always take my breath away and I really love this one.
Now you are making me want to read Aesop's Fables again. I will have to find a copy. What wonder photos of the red fox! They are so beautiful. Love your line of chickadee's One of my favorites.
Hurray, Donna! The snow is gone! Yippppeeee, and I can post. :-)
Dropping by to visit from Tablescape Thursday, and I like your post even better tonight. NOW I can see all of the pictures, and I am so in love with that fox I can't stand it. He is too cute!
I posted a fallish table tonight. Not sure if I'm being rebellious or lazy. LOL!
Happy Tablescape Thursday to you...
XO,
Sheila :-)
Oops! Almost forgot which seems to be my middle name tonight... I'm giving another chance to win the china drawing on my blog. Just wanted to be sure and tell you, Donna, because I forgot to post it in the linky. What does that say about me??? Scary!
Cute post Donna! Oh yes, this gardener love the smell of dirt too! I'm itching to start some seeds...get a little dirt under my fingernails, sounds like heaven!!
Donna...I love this post! Chickadees have always been on my favorites list and our youngest son (who is now 18) so wanted a *baby fox* when he was a little guy. He just loved them. Me, I like pictures of them. Mostly because pictures won't try to take off with my chickens :)
Blessings!
Gail
Dear Donna,
All pictures, simply charming!
They are telling so much and I like al the birds but the chickadees I adore.
What a Beatuful post, love them all, why you dont make a book from them, it would be an bestseller...
Hugs Anett
Absolutely gorgeous post!
Happy VTT,
Sally
Too funny...I just purchased Aesops fables in beautiful leather bound collector edition. Love it!
You know I'm about to hop through the computer and snatch that stone bunny carving!! FABULOUS!!!
xx, shell
What a wonderful post...your setting is just wonderful...happy reading!
Donna, your post today is awesome. I love your header and is that your home all covered in snow? Beautiful!!! Your photos really captured me. The foxes in the stones are quite a thrill. We live in the mountains and have a fox family nearby but we don't know exactly where. Thank you for the most charming post today.
Hugs, Jeanne
I truly enjoyed your entire post: Friend Fox, your chickadees, your book...and those cookies! how beautiful :)
I always love your woodland themed tablescapes.
So very beautifully done! Brilliant.
Hi lovely lady. I love your friend the fox with the chicksdees all in the same sweet story.I need to go see your Tablescapes with the woodland themed. Im your newest follower on your blog now, I will come back to see more now. I hope you come see my Tablescapes if you can Thanks so much sweet lady. I also hope you have a Great Day.
Lovely! I have only seen a red fox here once.
Speaking of Greenhouses, do you know where Maynard Greenhouse is? It is CT. Carole, the owner has a blog by that name. Maybe you are near enough to visit come Spring.
What a beautiful post. I too love the smell of dirt. I cannot wait to start digging around in it in the Spring. I may have to pull out some seed catelogs this afternoon.
Good night dear Donna, how are you? Still feels like winter this intense for you, while here in Brazil we face the sad floods that take many lives and destroy families and dreams, we ask the good Lord to keep our nations, you have a blessed and beautiful week have to peck you on my blog, go there and get yours! bjs
Sonia Regina
soniareginapinturaemtecidos.blogspot.com
Post a Comment