| The Blizzard of January 27th 2011 left us with more than 15 more inches of white... As you can see my home is now half buried... AND there's MORE SNOW COMING!!! |
| I'm Peeking out of the stone foyer at my front door looking toward my library...The shadow on the right is firewood to keep us cozy... |
| This has GOT TO GO!!! My view from the guest room is "Almost Gone"! This is the ONLY part of my roof that doesn't avalanche SO "Off with it's head"!!! It's going to be Roof Rake today!!! |
| Only one teeny tiny spot left to grab a few photos from the guest room before the guys Roof Rake... It sure is pretty though! |
| This is also taken from the guest room and this is my front door foyer roof... AND that sky and those clouds are the culprits in our situation of "White on White on White... and so on and so on"!!! |
| Add caption |
| My landscape "Glows in the Dark... All Night Long"... |
| Well what do you think??? Believe me, "It's WORSE than it looks in these pictures"!!! I'm seriously wondering how the little snowdrops are going to EVER make it out of there! |
| "UGH"!!! BUT... the following picture is what's sleeping "Right behind that iron chair"!!! |
| "Sleep Tight my beautiful little Babies"... We'll get you out of there Sooner or Later!!! |
| Hard to believe there is a pond and a waterfall SOMEWHERE in there! This scene will erupt into the next picture if we EVER get to see the soil again! |
| Ahhhh! Isn't the COLOR soothing to your eyes after being snow blinded for SO LONG? |
| Hmmm, I wonder if I sold snow cones at the road, if anyone would buy them??? Probably NOT seeing as they have so much of the VERY Same ingredients at their own homes! hehe... |
| So Pretty is the smile of My Tree Peony and a Much Warmer shade of "White"... |
| There is a Solitude to a Winter Garden that Whispers to it's keeper... I Love to Listen as it naps... I'm linking to... http://fadedcharmcottage.blogspot.com/2011/02/white-wednesday-85.html http://thetablescaper.blogspot.com/2011/01/eataly.html |

























32 comments:
Oh My Goodness ~ hunker down and have some hot chocolate ~ I can't believe the amount of snow you have. It makes our little snowfall look tiny. Stay Warm (((Hugs)))
Oh my goodness...you DO have a lot of snow! NOw I feel horrid about complaining about our little 3 inches!
Stay warm!
That's beautiful, honey! I don't think I'd like all that now though.
xoxo,
Connie
Love the Sow Dinosaur! Your boys are really talented. Too bad they aren't there to build something in all that snow you have now.
Donna, your pics are amazing! So-much-snow... ugh. The flowers are a promise that it will eventually go away-thanks:@)
Donna, that snow Dino is so fun -- over 6 feet tall! Call me when you need to shovel yourself out -- hope the snow boys are around to help. I would like that much snow! Joni
Donna, what amazing photos. I can't begin to imagine living with all that snow. How does one get out the door? ;-)
Hate to tell you, but it was in the 70s here today. Wish I could send you a little warmth.
~ Sarah
Hang in there. Spring will come. In the meantime, try to enjoy the mystical magical land of SNOW.
- The Tablescaper
I love the snow sculpture dinasaur. Very good job on it. You certainly have a lot of snow and way more than we do here. I remember that feeling in the winters of 2008 and 2009 when we had such terrible blizzards and we'd wonder if there'd still be snow on the ground in May but it was always gone by April. The warm spring sun makes quick work of it pretty fast. Your flowers will bloom again :-) Stay cozy.
Pamela
Wow, Donna. Y'all have been slammed with snow! The pictures are breathtaking. Isn't it amazing to think what your garden will look like in a couple of months?
That snowasaurus is AWESOME!
This is just amazing and very beautiful...but I would imagine it has caused you some problems too. Keep warm!
I think you've had more than your fair share of snow.
Dino is AMAZING! 10/10. xx
That is brilliant! How fun! That deserves a hot cider! We have heard from the family in the UK how cold it's been!
Ruht
Congratulations you guys are true artists of the ice. The more I look at your house, the more I fall in love with her. A warm hug for a new friend. Gilda
I know it's a ROYAL PAIN, but oh Donna!!! Those pictures are amazing. I love the whole look of your beautiful cottage in the snow. I also think the snow sculpture is fantastic.
Wow.
Hi Donna,
yes, I can only repeat the other: you do have a lot of snow. I have never seen so much on one place. Whow! Don't be afraid about the plants. Snow is good for them because it keeps them warmer than without snow. And after tawing they start with lots of water. Dino was really lovely. Now your sons are upgrown and don't do that anymore? Whats about starting an international contest on your yard for ice sculpturing. They would use all your snow for sculptures and would clean your garden paths and the pond etc. http://www.themoens.com/Photos/Events/snowSculpture/overview.htm
Best greetings and a warm hug
Johanna
Donna, first of all--I have NEVER seen a snow sculpture in my life like that. I am beyond impressed. Dino is amazing. Your boys are quite the contractors. I just love your posts and how you show today and then spring. I can’t believe you have so much snow at this picturesque cottage. Did you say you “don’t” normally get much snow in Conn? I would have thought the opposite. You sure are making up for it.
Amy :)
Donna, I love your house buried in the snow. I'm doing an edit in my Ode To DQ post and changing my second "small" to "teeny tiny" in your honor!
LOL. Thanks for the comment and stay warm!
Cheers!
Rita
What a challenge to deal with all that snow, but it certainly is beautiful to look at...your cottage looks picture perfect in your winter wonderland!
oh my! this gives 'snowed in' a whole new meaning!! I have quite a nerve complaining about our Delaware weather, lol!! Stay warm & think spring!!
So sorry for all your snow. We've had less than usual this winter ~ it seems to always go around us. You said you don't usually get much snow. Is that typical for Conn? I would have thought you'd always have snowy winters.
Cindy
Your house is picture perfect with its coating of snow. We got 6 inches last winter and were so impressed. Oh wow, your snow dino is adorable!
Thanks for sharing these beautiful photographs ... and the snow is beautiful, especially covering your home. I know, though, that it is one big mess for you ... Your boys are indeed talented ... Let's hope the snow leaves you alone for the rest of the season!
I was at a winter festival yesterday and the artists who were paid well for snow sculptures sometimes did not do as nice or as detailed a job. (I'll be sharing them in February)
This year we have been fortunate and snow has been all around us. We've never received more than 5" at a time. Predictions this week don't sound as good, but when are the predictors right?
Stay warm, stay safe, and loved seeing both your winter and springtime views!
Oh my goodness. This whole post made me smile. First, because of the dinosaur and the memories it must bring you, and then second, because I'm not living in all that snow!
I can't even imagine that much snow! Oh my gosh!!! No way!!!
Ok, but Dino is totally cool. Now that would be fun.
xx, shell
So happy you brought your wonderous snow sculptures to Seasonal Sundays.
- The Tablescaper
That snow looks like a cross between whipped cream and icing sugar! A paradise cool for sure.
Warmest Hugs,
Sandi @ Ess D'Ess Bears and Bearly Sane Studio
Those sculptures are amazing! My gkids would love them.
Get ready, more coming!
I love your snow sculpture. With close to 20" expected tomorrow, you've given me some ideas. ;-)
Those are some really impressive snow sculptures! I can't believe how much snow you got but at least it makes your lovely house look even more picturesque. I hope by now it's all starting to thaw.
Post a Comment