CONGHAILE COTTAGE

CONGHAILE COTTAGE
"The love of gardening is a seed that once sown never dies" ...Gertrude Jekyll...

Translator

Thursday, April 28, 2011

Easter Egger Chickens

These little Chickies are extra special!!! They lay eggs that are already "Colored for Easter"... They are also Very Sweet to have around with a Personality Plus! LOOK at those characteristic "Chipmunk Cheeks"!!! OK I'm on CUTE OVERLOAD HERE!!! Do you see that one on the right? She not only has Chipmunk cheeks, her coloring is JUST LIKE those little critters that live in my gardens...
__❤♫❤ •.¸¸.•´¯`•.♥ .•´¯`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.♥.•´¯`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.
_❤ ♪♫♪ ❤ •.¸¸.•´¯`•.♥ ✯ Here a Chick ✯ ♥.•´¯`•.♥
❤ There a Chick .•´¯`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.♥.•´¯`•.¸¸.•´
❤ ¸.✯¨¯`❀✿❤•.¸¸.•´¯`•.♥ .•´¯`•.¸¸.•´¯`
.....❤ ♪♫♪ ❤ ´¯`•.♥  Everywhere a Chick Chick ❤
The color of the eggs are "Green, Blue, Pink, and different variations of the colors"...These are not a good example...
"AND"......."CHOCOLATE"... a Chickie that can Lay a chocolate colored egg!!! "Now Wouldn't you be the ENVY of your Easter Egg Hunt with these babies???           All of the info you will be needing to "Welcome these gals into your life can be found @ CACKLE HATCHERY and BACKYARD CHICKENS"!!!   NOW am I the only person that NEVER heard of these "Fine Feathered Ladies"??? Have I been Living Under a Rock??? If I can get Hubby to build me a cute little hen house and figure out a "Plan" to keep my wildlife invaders at bay, "I'm getting a dozen of these Sweeties"!

Oh Yes, I HAVE been a "Chicken Farmer in my Life"...We had 2 dozen "Rhode Island Reds"... OH!!!  what eggs they could lay... Some SO HUGE you could NEVER fit them in egg cartons... AND Yes, Just like Lucy we kept the little chickies in the living room in a HUGE BOX with a heat lamp till they could be moved to the HEN HOUSE..."WHY" you ask? WELL, my boys were young... AND... "They were just SO DARN CUTE"!!! WHO could resist... I have "So Many Stories of my own Chicken Farming Years(TOO CUTE)...    I'm posting the link for you to see "Lucy in her chicken escapade"... Who Couldn't LOVE LUCY !!! You can watch the whole episode on You Tube...Click here to watch
"Lucy raising chickens"
http://youtu.be/JRhovb2KABc

33 comments:

Pamela Gordon said...

Sweet little chickies. And they lay chocolate eggs?? Sounds good to me ;-) Have a great weekend! Pamela

The Bear's Blog said...

So precious. And the eggs are so beautiful. Only God could create that.

Blessings on your day.

Hugs

April D said...

I just got a teeny tiny flock of sweeties this past weekend! Two easter-eggers in the bunch, and they DO have "personality" galore!
Pop by my place to see pictures! :)
I hope you can work out a plan to get a few; we have had SO MUCH FUN since last Friday when we brought them home!

La Vie Quotidienne said...

I used to have a couple of these hens and they did indeed lay pretty colored eggs...everybody wanted some. Nothing cuter than baby chicks.(-:

Red Couch Recipes said...

I don't have chicks though my kids would love some. I have heard they make good pets if you give them lots of attention. Those cheecks might tempt me and what wonderful colored eggs. Now chocolate eggs....Joni

Anonymous said...

The chickies are beautiful! My sister has chickens and she loves them very much. They are egg laying pets for her family.
Have a terrific weekend!

Miss Char said...

Thanks for the memory, I remember very clearly my daddy bring home chicks and ducks for my brother and I for Easter. Thought my mama was gonna have a stroke!

Sherry@Back2Vintage said...

Love the Lucy clip....too funny!!!

Susan said...

Good evening, Donna. Oh, I just love chicks and they do lay some gorgeous eggs. I would love to have some chickens, and when we move to the country (we're working on it) I plan on having some. I've not ever raised them before, but I would just love fresh eggs in the mornings. :-)
I remember that I Love Lucy episode. I loved that show so much when I was growing up.

Thanks for bringing a smile to my face to day and a good laugh, too. :-)

I hope you have yourself a beautiful and happy weekend,
Susan

Sarah said...

You always find the most clever things to share. Chickens that lay chocolate eggs ~ we all need one of those. ;-)
Have a great weekend ~ Sarah

Anonymous said...

Darling! And chocolate eggs would be better than gold ones! ;D

Johanna Gehrlein said...

Hello Donna,
what a cute post. I love all the little chicks and had several times such in my house. We had them in the incubator and saw them hatching. I knew already about the Aracana eggs and surely we have here also white, brown and creamy pink eggs. But chocolate colored I have never seen. Very very interesting.
Best greetings, Johanna

Richard Cottrell said...

We used to get our baby chicks in the mail just like on I Love Lucy. Thanks for sharing. Richard at My Old Historic House

Sevenbeads said...

I remember that episode! Thanks for a fond memory.

Lois Evensen said...

Oooooh, yes, they are so very cute! Just love the Lucy chicks, too. :)

Debbie said...

I love that episode of Lucy. I actually loved all the Connecticut ones.

I didn't know you could get a hen that laid pink eggs. Wouldn't my daughters just LOVE that!

Marlis said...

Cute chicks! adorable. Love your photos of all your blossoms too (previous post).. and do I ever remember that Lucy episode! Happy Sunday.

Lynn said...

How neat that you've had chickens Donna, that must have been fun! I've heard of the pastel eggs but never the chocolate colored ones:@)

Martha's Favorites said...

Hello dear friend: I love this post. That Lucy episode was one of my favorites, next to the chocolate one. Hope you are well. Blessings, Martha

Katherines Corner said...

Oh how sweet. Our grandchildren have baby chicks right now. They are so excited to have fresh eggs form the cute hen house.
I enjoyed my visit to your lovely blog. Hugs

xinex said...

I want chickens too that lay chocolate eggs. Those are the cutest chicks, Donna! I think it was you who asked the maker of my leaping bunnies. So sorry to respond so late but there was no mark so I do not know the maker...Christine

Sue said...

I've see the pastel eggs, but never those dark ones! The day I tell my husband I want to bring home some chickens...I think he will take my computer away!!

Rettabug said...

So utterly adorable! The various pale colored eggs make for a beautiful display. I'm not so sure of the chocolate ones, though. LOL

I'm off to watch Lucy....I ♥ her! Thanks for the link!

fondly,
Rett

Fábio Carvalho said...

Hello Donna,
Thank you very much for your visit and kind comment.
I wish I had posted a close-up of the tablecloth, so you could see its details.
best wishes,
Fábio

BECKY said...

Too cute and those eggs are so pretty! Wish we could have chickens, but we have a homeowners association that prohibits it! :o(
Have a joyful week!
Becky

FABBY'S LIVING said...

Donna, I just saw your cutest chicks, they're so adorable! The eggs are so pretty...where do they the chicken that lay choc. eggs, again?! I love them... my daughters had the all colored ones for Easter I used to buy in the supermarket, just to cute.
Hugs
FABBY

Shortbread and Ginger said...

Hi Donna - lovely pictures! Thanks for visiting my blog - sorry you had such trouble making comments. I'm now your newest follower!
Liz

Yvonne @ StoneGable said...

Donna, I think these are certainly the cutest chicks I have ever seen. You are right, cute little chipmunk cheeks!
And who would not love chicks that lay Easter eggs? Really very pretty. I love to cook but I would find any excuse to make eggs!!!!
What a fun post. I would love to have chickens!
Yvonne

Mary Ann said...

hello donna! love your blog, cottages just give me a feeling of serenity. I'm glad to be your follower too! verbena cottage

Daphne Nicole & Lynda Cade said...

Awe, their soooooo cute.... speaking of I Love Lucy, I'm fixing to head to bed soon, and I have most of her shows taped and watch them almost every night before I go to sleep. I just love that show!!!
hugs~~ Daphne

Babs said...

Donna, Sorry I'm behind on my comments. I just typed one to you and think I lost it.. anyway, You may get two similar ones. :)
I just wanted to wish you a very Happy Mother's Day tomorrow.
Babs

Ocean Breezes and Country Sneezes said...

They are the cutest chickens I've ever seen! I love the Lucy show! Loved this post! Have a wonderful weekend and a Happy Mother's Day!

bj said...

Hugs to you on this special day.
Enjoy
xo bj