CONGHAILE COTTAGE

CONGHAILE COTTAGE
"The love of gardening is a seed that once sown never dies" ...Gertrude Jekyll...

Translator

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

"Spring Splendor"

"Easter Sunday opened full bloom in my Gardens"... "Can you see Him there smiling down on us"!!!
This is my Weeping Cherry Tree in full bloom! It's buzzing with excitement as the little busy characters swoop in acrobatics around my head as I snap these pictures!!! The bees are ecstatic with spring fever...
Add caption
"Just in Case" you forgot what my winter was like I thought I'd remind you what my home looked like a few months ago!!! You can view More of "My Winter Snow HERE"... AND Even MORE... "winter storm here"
I always knew that all that snow was going to bring an explosion of excitement to spring!
The skies are the most beautiful Wedgwood Blue today...
The trees in the background will not be fully open till May here in New England... See my iron gazebo peeking through the weeping cherry??? It's just waiting to serve Afternoon Tea for "You and Me"...

"I'm linking to"
"Metamorphosis Monday@Between naps on the Porch"
"PINK SATURDAY@How Sweet the Sound"
"Friday Pretties@I Love Pretty Little Things"
"PHOTO FEATURE FRIDAY@A Rosy Note"
"SHOW AND TELL FRIDAY@My Romantic Home"
"HOME SWEET HOME@The Charm of Home"
"OPEN HOUSE THURSDAY@No Minimalist Here"
"COTTAGE FLORA THURSDAY@Fishtail Cottage"
"SIMPLE PLEASURES THURSDAY@A Collection of this and that"
"WOW US WEDNESDAY@Savvy Southern Style"
"OUTDOOR WEDNESDAY@ A Southern Daydreamer" 

68 comments:

Linda said...

How glorious it looks!! It's a beautiful day here in my neighborhood too...Spring is back in all her glory!!

Johanna Gehrlein said...

Dear Donna,
now spring started at your area, too. Isn't that lovely. I really enjoy to see this gracious pink flowers against the blue sky.
Best greetings, Johanna

Nancy's Notes said...

Donna, I'm in awe of your sensational trees! They are just glorious and to think you had snow not long ago! Delightful photographs, thank you!

Nancy

Sandy said...

I just about dropped my jaw when I saw your header photo,, of your HOUSE! Whow! Simply beautiful, sorta gingerbread style!
I live in SoFla and we went from winter, 40's -60's, to summer 90's, in a matter of hours.. now it's just hot!
Nice!
Sandy

Kathy Walker said...

What a lovely tree. I cannot believe the winter shot! That is a lot of snow!

Old Time Cindy said...

Wish I had your tree...great shots!

Linda@Coastal Charm said...

How pretty your yard looks...now that was a lot of snow!!!

Blessings,
Linda

Anonymous said...

Well..we still are getting the snow! Your place looks dreamy and so beautiful..I can hardly wait for the bees, heck, I would settle for a few flies right now! :D

New Jersey Memories said...

Are you in Connecticut? Because I swear I thought it was an English thatched-roof cottage in your header!

Your photos are gorgeous! I do remember this past endless winter, though, and I'm glad it's over! At last! I love spring!

http://www.newjerseymemories.com

Dianne said...

I know you are thrilled to be out from under all that snow! Beautiful. Dianne

Melody said...

Your spring blossom is just so beautiful.

Blondie's Journal said...

Your trees are magnificent and I love your home...it really is beautiful, in sun or snow!

XO,
Jane

Keetha Broyles said...

I'm skeered to MENTION the word s _ _ _ _ _ or s _ _ _ since EVERY time I do, we get more s _ _ _ - - - as recently as a week ago today!!! Something like 6 or 8 inches of it!!!

Your s _ _ _ _ _ buds and blossoms look delightful.

Betty said...

Your tree looks so beautiful. I use to have a white one years ago. They look so lovely when in bloom.

Diann said...

Gorgeous Spring Blossoms Donna!

FABBY'S LIVING said...

This is a glorious view of your garden, Donna and the tree, we had five of this in another home we had 19 yrs. ago. Who would think that a few weeks ago it snowed up to your windows! My goodness, this is a wonderful post, thanks for sharing it, I love your house too, it looks like a French country home?! Congrats to you on your win of the book, "gone with a handsomer man", we're so lucky, you and me!!!

Light and Voices said...

Magnificent home and garden! Take care. See you next week.
Joyce M

It's Just Dottie said...

Very, very beautiful.

Sarah said...

What a glorious tree! The pink against the blue sky is so striking. And what a difference a few months makes. I still can't imagine living under all that snow. ;-)
Can't wait for tea in the gazebo. ~ Sarah

Brynwood Needleworks said...

Thank you for sharing the glorious profusion of blooms in your yard today. Breathtaking!
xoxo
Donna

La Vie Quotidienne said...

Oh what a beautiful tree. I am thinking of adding an alee of three flowering cherry trees to simplify a planting area...oh, if only they would look a fraction as beautiful as this. Lovely.

Dawn said...

As beautiful as the snow was, I bet you're glad to be back in a technicolor world!

Lynn said...

Just beautiful Donna! You deserve it after enduring all that snow-enjoy:@)

The Bear's Blog said...

Beautiful, and yes I see His smiles.

Blessings on you this Wednesday & everyday.

Hugs

Cindy (Applestone Cottage) said...

Wow! Simply gorgeous Donna!
Really and truly I want one of those soo bad!
We are still cold and wet and have had only a couple of nice days here and there.
I can look at your pics and dream!
Cindy

Sue said...

What absolutely lovely pink blossoms on your cherry tree. Donna! I have an ornamental weeping cherry, but its branches grow downward and is nowhere near as large as your tree. It gets dark pink blooms and looks magnificent in the spring. aaahhh.... Mother Nature's glory!

Gina said...

That's a beautiful sight! Still waiting for blooms in NY....

Kathy said...

I was just thinking - if we started a trip from my neck of the woods and traveled along up north to the west - we'd see Spring in a great succession! I was always amazed at the snow at your lovely house - looks gorgeous in the springtime!
Kathy

Sherry@Back2Vintage said...

He definitely smiled down on you...Gorgeous, beautiful blossoms!!!

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Donna, this is GORGEOUS!

I'm glad you had a happy Easter, and I adore your spring at the cottage...

XO,

Sheila :-)

Simone @ Doberman's by the Sea said...

Beautiful rose colors on those trees. Glad you finally made it into spring. We are in summer meanwhile with temps in the high 80's. Soon it will be unbearable here.

PeregrineBlue said...

i see the snow has melted away, what a contrat. i immediately noticed the rosiness springing when i saw you had changed your header and wanted to stop by and inhale the scents.

much love from afar and enjoy every moment of outdorrness.

Ricki Treleaven said...

I am so happy that spring has finally arrived in New England! Your cherry blossoms are so pretty. You really should link-up to Pink Saturday because this is the perfect Pink Saturday post! Thanks for sharing the photos of your adorable home and lovely gardens.

(((hugs))),
Ricki Jill

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful spring you're having there and especially enjoyable after seeing the winter photo.

Anonymous said...

With your sensitive eye and heart, you
recognized Him through and in the
beauty....not everyone does. Bless you for reminding us.

BECKY said...

How gorgeous! What a blessing after the winter you had!! God is so good, huh? Sure love your delightful home! So full of charm!!
Thanks so much for sharing your lovely photos!!
HUGS,
Becky

Debbie said...

It's gorgeous, Donna. I think Conghaile Cottage is just as enchanting in the springtime as the winter. It must be so easy to find beauty and inspiration there.

Just wows me every time.

Terri said...

Isn't spring wonderful! Your tree looks so beautiful. I have one like that too and I am always delighted when it blooms. I call it my "Heaven" tree because it really is so beautiful too look at against the blue sky!
Hugs,
Terri

PeregrineBlue said...

thank you for suggesting the translator bar. i used to write in english but i slowly noticed, after the stat feature was added, that most of my followers were from argentina, spain and other spansish speaking countries. how they guessed i was chilean is beyond me. so recently i started to write in spanish and it feels better, more relaxed since it is my native tongue. i love english too, but i always tend to use it the stuffy way since i grew up in london, england and my parents then sent us to aprivate british school in chile. hope you enjoy reading what i posted yesterday now that the toolbar is up.

always love stopping by your cottage, it is a storybook classic cottage in every sense from the teacups, to the teddy bears and dolls and most recently that cashmere princess diana nap blanket which is gorgeous.

Trish said...

Breathtaking! What a pretty garden!
Your home is truly blessed by beauty from our creative Lord.
Trish

Linda said...

Beautiful photos!! what a lovely blog - so glad I found you!!

Vicki said...

What gorgeous blooms on that cherry tree.

Anonymous said...

Oh, your home and gardens are so beautiful! Just looks like a fairy tale!
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Babs said...

Donna, your Weeping Cherry is glorious. It looks like it's "rejoicing" because of Easter Sunday. I'm glad you're having beautiful Spring weather and not storms.
Hugs,
Babs

cherry said...

Wow!! that's a lot of snow and oh my what beauty it brought you.. Happy Spring too you..
Have a wonderful day.
hugs from Savannah, Cherry

Anonymous said...

Your tree is just beautiful! What joy to look forward to this beauty every Spring! :)

Maria

Janettessage.blogspot.com said...

How beautiful...I can travel through blogs to see different areas I may never see in person, so thanks for sharing, I so enjoyed seeing your world and spring.

Unknown said...

Donna, I love visiting you to see your exquisite cottage. It is such a romantic home ... Mercy! I'd have given anything for that snow ... but am now enjoying the arrival, finally, of spring. Your cherry is exquisite.
Beautiful photo captures.

Have a beautiful weekend ~
TTFN ~
Marydon

Unknown said...

What a fabulous Cherry Tree...they are one of my all time favorites and yours is absolutely stunning in bloom!

Kathleen said...

Beautiful! Our cherry and Bradford Pear are getting so whipped today with this wind! But at least no tornadoes like in the South!

Kay K said...

The Sun -SON-shine did shine down on us !!!!
Love your pictures the weeping cherry is beautiful thanks for sharing

Dayle ~ A Collection of Days said...

Simple pleasures everywhere!

Sherry @ No Minimalist Here said...

Donna, I remember your beautiful garden from last year! I am looking forward to seeing it in full bloom again. Thank you for joining my party.
Hugs,
Sherry

Anonymous said...

Donna,
Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful! Great minds think alike.....my simple pleasure was a magnolia in full bloom this week!

Sanghamitra Bhattacherjee(Mukherjee) said...

Stunning shots! Beautiful garden and lovely bloom!
Hope to see you on my blog:)
Hugs
Sanghamitra.

http://rainbow-thecoloursofindia.blogspot.com

Tricia said...

What beautiful blooms! Your house looks like it would be pretty no matter the season :)

Thanks for sharing your post at Photo Feature Friday!

~Tricia

Lydia said...

Be still my heart.

Absolutey breathtaking.

LV said...

I could never live where you do. I would probably go mad with that kind of snow. I an see why you look forward and enjoying lovely flowers.

A Garden of Threads said...

Stunning!! Your garden is fantastic. Love your blog. Take care and have a wonderful weekend:)

~ ~ Ahrisha ~ ~ said...

Your house just makes me sigh! It's the perfect storybook house. Have a beautiful weekend.

Maaike said...

The difference of the look of your home in winter and spring is UNbelievable. Of course I know it is true, but still... nature is capable of amazing things, right?!
Have a wonderful weekend,
love Maaike

Terri Morse said...

Wow! You have the most amazing cottage. It's like something out of a storybook. The cherry blossoms are just glorious. They're His gift to us I think, for surviving the long, cold winter! Have a wonderful weekend. Terri

Fishtail Cottage said...

so great to see your post that you are not covered in snow today! love hose trees!!! Thanks so much for linking up to Cottage Flora Thursday's xxoo, tracie

The Charm of Home said...

Donna,
You have a beautiful spot in the woods there. Just gorgeous! thanks for linking it up!
Sherry

the cape on the corner said...

what a gorgeous cherry tree, but those ecstatic bees would keep me indoors!

Rettabug said...

Oh Donna...these are some breathtakingly beautiful shots! What a fun way to welcome Spring & the return of warm weather. Well, somewhat warm, anyway. My furnace is STILL running & its May 3rd!

Nancy said...

Nice contrast between the snow picture and the spring pictures! Nancy

Unknown said...

What a gorgeous home and beautiful pinks! You are so blessed!

HaPpY pInK sAtUrDaY!
Sarah