| Take note here of the 3 different vintage linens used... First is my inspiration of todays post "My 40s tablecloth, then I used tatted German doilies under my teacups, AND lastly the woven black&creamy white napkins... I don't know if you approve, BUT I love the combo...Also if you notice, I DO NOT like things straight. I prefer oblong or crooked, AND as you can see the doily is NOT under the saucer, it is placed to the side, JUST like the napkin is... I "REALLY" do not follow an etiquette book(EVER). I set my table to "Make me Smile"... It is finished when I stand back, Look at it, and it makes me feel like "I'm at home"... |
87 comments:
Donna, just a little while ago I changed my header picture - - - so we aren't the snowy girl twins anymore.
This is really beautiful Donna...I love the cloth and the tea cups and the little bee, I am drawn to bees even though I am allergic to them. Thanks :D
Beautiful table setting, Donna. I love the rich colors and all your special pieces. That little bee Limoges box is dear. I love to see bees in my garden. ;-)
Happy Day! ~ Sarah
This is just georgous, you are a master at combinging things to form wonderful vignettes. Very, very creative. Lovely...your posts always add a treat to my day.
Dearest Donna,
You kind of created a Rembrandt, Vermeer atmosphere! Very warm and lovely. Your tatted doilies from Germany are precious!
Have a great week.
Lots of love,
Mariette
Your little bee box is precious, how sweet of your son! I'll make a deal with you, the bunny can tend the vineyard if he'll stay out of the veggie garden, how's that:@)
Beautiful. I love the little bumble bee, and of course the bunny. (o:
Hugs
I completely enjoyed this post from beginning to end. Not only did I love the table, but I loved the idea of you and your husband reading that chapter together. Now, that's just plain romantic, IMO.
Of all my phobias (and I think I collect them), I've never minded bees. I totally get the snake one though. That little bee limoges is darling to me.
I have said it before, but I'll say it again. Your posts always make me think of the word "enchanted".
I love how well everything looks on your table scape. I especially like the pewter with the grapevine dishes. So, so pretty! :D
Have a great week, Donna!
Wow - most beautiful post. I love transparent dishes and the tablecloth is just beautiful. You have such an eye for decor. Love it.
Very pretty. I like that table cloth, too. :)
That last picture of the tablecloth is divine...I love the combination of colors. Your "slightly off" placement of linens is just perfect!!!
As usual your table setting looks so beautiful and inviting. The tablecloth is lovely.
Hi lovely lady. I was just looking at my sidebar and did see you had just post sweet lady. I love the Vintage look on your beautiful Tablescapes. You do have a eye for putting your table all Together just lovely.
Diane
It's a lovely tablesetting you have there. Love the bunny! Cheers
What a beautiful tablecloth, Donna! I love your dishes, too. Everything goes together so nicely. I'll bet it was very cozy sipping your Blackberry tea and reading a chapter from your book!
I love how your tables always tell a story. The tablecloth is beautiful and I love those Crate and Barrel plates. You are the second blogger that says they read a book with their husband...I can't imagine it! We both are avid readers, but our taste in books is so different that the other would doze off after about 6 words!
If you cure that snake issue, let me know how you do it!
Donna, that tablecloth is absolutely wonderful!!!! As for those vile legless creatures (see I can't even type the word) I will never be happy about having them around in the yard! hehe :) All your collections are so interesting and varied--even Rabbit. If Margaret Roach comes to your local bookstore go and see her speak--she was just in New Canaan and is making the rounds--very good and interesting and of course her garden is nearby and magnificient. You would love it. Have a wonderful time with your "honey" reading that book. I will look for it too.. Linda
Such a warm and inviting post! I'd love to have a cup of tea and read that book! Your table is stunning!
I enjoy things in odd number and a little bit askew too. The tablecloth is so pretty and the dishes were a fabulous find!
Your table is stunning pretty girl! I'd love to be there and have tea with you in your beautiful French cups and gorgeous tablecloth! I love reading too Donna and I would love to get my hands on that book, my stile read.
Love the bunny too!
Hugs
Fabby
This is one beautiful and THRIFTY tablescape...thanks for sharing it at NTT!!!
Blessings,
Linda
Hi Donna! How sweet! Love all your pretty snaps. Your snow is gone from your header! Yay! Spring is on it's way! :)
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)
Hello Donna,
beautiful work. Your mostly monochrome pictures look like old sepia toned photos. Love the wine theme and the cute Steiff bunny.
Grettings, Johanna
Donna, you always amaze me. You do have the most beautiful linens and dishes and your accessories are always stunning. I love that bunny too. Thanks so much for joining TTT. Hugs, Marty
The wine theme is written from an French background of love for warm colors, sun , wine and friendship...love them al...
Hugs from France Anett
Very pretty tablescape Donna! I love the vintage table cloth and the cream and sugar set. You have a great eye for this and I don't mind that things are 'crooked' either ;-) Blessings, Pamela
Gorgeous tablescape. You are so very creative. ~~Sherry~~
Oooooooooooo hello bunny! Such a gorgeous table Donna. However, every time I look at your house I truly about pass out! It's my most favorite house ever! I want to come visit and take a tour! I'm still waiting to win the lottery so you can design a magical little home for me!
xx, shell
Hello! I found you at Coastal Charm. I LOVE all these photos! They are so rich and warm. Very inviting!
I am following you now! :)
Come visit!
Kelly
My admiration goes out to you for being a master gardner! that is on my list to do for when I retire! love the limoge bee!
What a perfect table ,the colors are so rich. I sure do appreciate you sharing. Richard at My Old Historic House
Hi Donna! What a lovely tablescape! I adore the vintage table linens! You have quite the flair for styling!
Thanks so much for popping by and entering my giveaway! I love how I am meeting so many wonderful ladies with similar tastes!! That is one of the reasons I am hosting it!!
I am a follower now and look forward to future visits!
Have a wonderful Thursday!!
Becky
Such a beautiful table. Love the tatted pieces.. drooling.. Your plates were a real steal! Gorgeous. You do set the most welcoming tables!
Hi Donna, Another set of pictures that are truly works of art. Thank you so much for bringing your little bunny on the picnic. It is always wonderful to have you join in the fun.
Gorgeous table setting! Love the vintage table cloth and all the rich colors. Mumzie
Hi Donna, and first and foremost, LOVELY table!!
Wow, I love those colors...very rich.
Second, thanks so much for letting me know my link wasn't up and running!!! I have fixed it now and look forward to you joining me for Pearls and Lace!
Have a Blessed week!
Doni
Your Steiff bunny is truly a delight. Yes, I would let them loose in the veneyard - why not?
Your blog is one of my favorites because you mix richly colored, traditions items with some whimsy, like today's bee on the plate.
Donna, There is everything to love in your setting.
Love the texture of the napkins and tatted doilies and their placement in the setting. The doilies remind me of my grandmother who tatted. The Limoges bee box is so darling and the amethyst color so perfect. Amethyst is my new color love this year.
Wonderful color, texture and special things to treasure...perfect!
Hugs,
~ Babs
Beautiful table setting!
I love your home and blog. I'm a new follower!
Pamela ...French Buttons
Lovely vintage tablesetting and more lovely that you could share it with the love of your life and make a special memory for you both...priceless :)
Happy VTT!
Big hugs,
Queenie
Donna, I buzzed back in for another look. Love the fresh, spring header. Glad to see that Conghaile cottage is no longer buried under snow. LOL
Hope you are enjoying a beautiful week. ~ Sarah
Hi Donna: Your home is so beautiful. I just am so amazed at how it looks without snow. Love the way you can set a table and make it ready for a princess to dine. You are so gifted. Have a wonderful week. Blessings, Martha
Oh goodness Donna, I don't even know where to start! Your table setting is beautiful and I love that you prefer things askew!!!
Love the tablecloth, love the Crate and Barrel plates, love the amethyst cups, love that you and your Hunnybun read together. That's just romantic in my book.
Thanks for bringing your tablescape to Treasure Hunt Thursday.
Rhonda
Hi Donna!
Oh, I adore this table! It is so comfy and inviting. I feel like I want to grab a seat at the table, have some tea and listen to you read! Wonderful post! I would love if you join me for Thrifty Things Friday Party! Because those gorgeous black and white grape plates were a steal! Have a wonderful weekend!
Beautiful Table Scape ~ Love the Depression Sugar & Creamer...
Hi Donna! I'm so glad you found me!!!
I love your new header...your home is just dreamy and your gardens are so lush and green. What a magical place to live and create.
I also love the tables you create. The rich warm colors are so inviting. This one is just as special as your others...you always have amazing things and stories to share. Your little bee is precious, what a special treat from your son!
Thanks for dropping by!
Sharlotte
loved the book, such a rich, warm perfect setting to match~
So beautiful setting! Love the colors you use!
Hugs
Charo
Donna,
What a charming tablescape. Great tablecloth, dishes, pewter and wildlife!
Beautiful!!!! I love your bee, and your vintage sugar and creamer...both of them are as sweet as sweet can be!! Your table settings are always such a pleasure to view...:)
Happy Friday Pretties!!! Have a lovely weekend!
xoxo...
Gloria
Hi Donna,
I love the color Amethyst and these are beautiful! I was never stung by a bee in my whole life until last July..Ouch! and I dont want to ever be stung again. I swelled up and next time could be worse..your table setting is stunning!
~Shirley
Donna, Your table is lovely! It looks very European. Love the grapevine plates you thrifted - a great find! Your purple cups and saucers are a pretty color and I also like your tablecloth. Your table is very pretty, Donna.
Blessings, Beth
Your tablescape is beautiful. I love the rich colors....cozy and warm and so inviting!
Happy Pink Saturday!
Jil
Gorgeous! And...is that really your home up there in the header? Beautiful...you are blessed!
HaPpY pInK sAtUrDaY!
Sarah
What a lovely blog and so very delightful. A real breath of fresh air
Have a great week.........
Love the gorgeous plates and tablecloth, your tablesettings are always just so detailed and beautiful. Thanks for linking up to VIF and sharing all the lovliness! xo Debra
Simply gorgeous! Post and photos. I go by the "if it makes me smile" design too ♥♥
*hugs*deb
Oh how beautiful. The phots are gorgeous. And I love the tablecloth. Everything is beautiful. Thanks for sharing. Karie
Donna, your table is exquisitely presented ... I truly love most tho, the tatted pieces beneath the cups, love linens but tatting steals my heart. It is nice to see that you do not follow the rule of thumb etiquette, you are sooooo much more interesting! Thank you for sharing ...
Have a beautiful day ~
TTFN ~
Marydon
Your table setting is beautiful...and the wine tablecloth is stunning! I love vintage tablecloths and always look for them when I shop! I was blessed with 4 little boys...so I know about learning to love lots of new things! heehee! I'll look for the book! I love this author, too! ♥
Beautiful!!! The little bee box is a treasure.
Absolutely beautiful. You have such lovely things...and you so know how to use them.
I love the tabecloth..so pretty. and the little bee is adorable.
xoxo bj
Hi Donna~ ~ ~
I love all your pretty, pretty dishes and linens. So tell me , where does this book take place? Is it France again?
Beautiful vintage scape, Donna. Once you have gkids, you will have to switch over to the colorful for them! :)
Have a very blessed Holy Week!
Donna,
This is beautiful! I love the white rabbit! I had three boys too. Such a cute bee box! Thank you for linking up!
Sherry
Beautiful! I love rich, dark colors.
Oh Donna, what a splendid and romantic mood this table evokes. I love that tablecloth, and I love every detail you added. Those plates from GW are wonderful and what a deal! The tea cups are beautiful. How sweet that you and your husband read the first chapter of the book together (sounds like a wonderful old movie). Thank you for linking this to Favorite Things. laurie
Hi Donna! Oh, I just love your pretty table and that tablecloth! You've some pretty things sitting on it too! Now look at that little rabbit poking his tiny little nose in here! ;)
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)
Your house looks so fresh without the snow. I love your table, Donna, love all the vintage stuff on it and you arrange things so beautifully...Christine
Donna dear,
I am speechless. You possibly live in the most charming house ever built and it suits your personality. Your house looks like vintage Carmel, a place I adore.
Love this posting and sending a hug. Thanks for stopping by for a visit. I always enjoy seeing your name pop up.
All joys,
Sharon Lovejoy Writes from Sunflower House and a Little Green Island
P.S. So glad you finally received your official Grimy Hands Girls' Club packet.
XX
Donna,
Hop over and check out who WON that cute tote...it's YOU!!! Congrats on winning...please e-mail me your full name and address and I will send it right over to Marydon.
Blessings,
Linda
A dynamic yet contemplative tablescape. I've noticed your skills with all things assymetrical...well done, yet again! I lean toward all things symmetrical, so I admire your talent. The tablecloth is a true treasure...everything works to perfection. Thank you for sharing your beautiful design. Cherry Kay
Does your header indicate that the snows are all melted? We keep having rain and more snow in the mountain! I can't believe spring hasn't sprung here, we usually have a nice spring.
What a lovely vignette you always do. They could each be in a magazine. I adore the little bee box, how fun is that and so whimsical. The black and white plates paired with the silver spoons are just exquisite. I haven't heard of this book. You make it look so great.
So funny you mention your garden phobias. It made me laugh as my oldest daughter used to be so helpful in the garden (until she started having children of her own - but they like to help. Her problem is the spiders and you see way too many of them out there. I offered money this spring though and that helped her with the phobia!
Such a beautiful vignette....your tablecloth is so beautiful...I loved Chocolat too.
Hi Donna,
First of all, it's nice to see your header without the snow! What a pretty tea table! I love your table cloth! Yes, little boys can teach their mom much. I know because I also had three little boys and one in particular was a real critters guy and is to this day! Now he has a little guy just like him. *smiles*
Wishing you and your family a lovely Easter!
Blessings,
Sandi
I love your Tablescape it quite lovely.
The tablecloth is beautiful and your cups are to die for.
Have a Happy Easter.
Hugs,
Penny
WOW!! What beautiful pieces!! From the linens to the dishes to the depression glass pieces which I so love!!
Beautiful!!
Happy Easter to you!!
Hugs,
Debbie
I'm back, just wanted to be your No. 80th. comment! hahahaaa...so very glad you just got the biscotti recipe you were looking for and do make it with a little chocolate, it's delish that way...my hubby doesn't care for the choc. part, but I do! Thank you for all your lovely comments, heirlooms are the best like you have in your beautiful post!
Nice Easter!!!
FABBY
I love your French tea cups! I have not seen any like them before, and I am sure they do sparkle in person! I know what you mean about round tablecloths, and also about getting some colors right in photographs. But your pics look fab and we can get a real feel for your tea table. The book sounds good too (hunny snuggling might make it even better!).
Hugs,
Terri
So sorry to be so late visiting. Your vignette is so detailed and so beautiful. Thanks for beig a part of Seasonal Sundays.
- The Tablescaper
I love it all. Happy Easter. Betsy
Thank you for sharing your Easter Bliss...HPS!
Hi, friend! Your newest follower :) You've got so much creativity going on in your blog so can
you please share them with us at the Creative Bloggers' Party & Hop?
This is a combination of linky party (where we can show off our
creations) and of blog hop (where we can follow as many excellent
bloggers as we like), hence the name Creative Bloggers' Party & Hop.
It's a great way to meet awesome creative bloggers like you and
increase your followers in the process.
All you have to do is 1) link up whatever creative post you'd like to
share - can be a DIY project, decor, photography, crafts, recipes,
poem, thrift finds, tips, or that informative syndicated post that can
make us laugh, or cry - in short, whatever you're proud of! 2) Then
follow as many blogs as your heart desires, preferably starting first
with the one before you and after you, and leave a comment to them
that you're doing so.
You’re not required to include the party button – you read that right
– not required to include the party button but if you’re so inclined
to display it in your blog or your post, you’re very much welcome to
do so :)
See you at http://www.homemakeronadime.com/2011/04/creative-bloggers-party-hop-042411.html
Thank you I am honored!
Post a Comment