CONGHAILE COTTAGE

CONGHAILE COTTAGE
"The love of gardening is a seed that once sown never dies" ...Gertrude Jekyll...

Translator

Friday, April 27, 2012

Darling Nellie Grey

The list of hydrangeas that grace my gardens seem ENDLESS!
Of all the varieties and colors my heart beats fastest for this one...
It's "ENDLESS SUMMER"... and it's just that...ENDLESS FLOWERS that start early and continue ALL SUMMER and FALL... It blossoms on both NEW and OLD wood so it's EASY GOING! If winter has taken it's tole on my garden, "Endless Summer" is guaranteed to sooth my losses of it's cousins that ONLY BLOOM on OLD WOOD... TRUST ME... If you can have ONLY ONE HYDRANGEA, "THIS IS IT"!!!

Darling Nellie Grey on the "Ups and Downs of Every-Day Life and Their Lessons"... This is my "Very Favorite" book of the day... My Little Sunday School version was printed in 1855 and I've read it many times... Its the VERY FIRST print in pristine condition... Always pondering where my little book has been and what sweet little children held it dear to them for the stories are darling "Just like little Nellie Grey"!

This evening we are pouring ourselves some refreshment while reading and showing off a few treasures...

Have you ever been in your favorite shop and "KNOW you were being watched"??? As though someone or something was quietly calling your name??? ..."Well"... I turned a bit and there she stood, So elegantly dressed I felt as though she would not LIKE to ride home in my Carriage(an old Explorer SUV)...She didn't mind & accompanied me to where I named her "My Darling Miss Nellie Grey"...

Right away she noticed my gardens and asked if she could help me maintain their brilliance...

I will have to convince her of a more casual attire come morning when the gardening begins...


This teeny tiny teapot is a challenge to my table. It's color has made it a MUST to CONTRAST, therefore I choose to use it with "Blue&Whites"! The little pots explosions of GOLD add a touch of Royalty to a simple setting...

"LOVE this LAMP"!!! It's Just the right size,  illuminating a powerful glow, bright enough to read by... I had found it for $2 at an establishment that looked HAUNTED, and I worried a bit that I may never return if I entered... It was even hard to know HOW to enter(Nothing seemed to even resemble a door)... AND if I were to EVER regain the light of day after I passed into this PLACE, I would most certainly have the "FLEAS" that were promised by the SIGN!...BUT Something inside was "Calling my name" and I took the plunge!!!!!!!!!!!! It was... "This Frosted White Lamp"... and for $2(total) Mr Flea included a light bulb!!!  I was sure it would not work, BUT it does...I changed his light bulb into a candelabra version... 
WELL, you ask, "would I go back"??? 
"Of Course I would"!!!

My little porcelain Nellie is actually a dinner bell...She is so dainty with a masters eye for details... It is impossible to capture this in pictures, "You would have to meet her in person" for tea in the garden...

T
This is my Endless Summer Hydrangea from last year... This is what Darling Little Nellie Grey & I will be pruning tomorrow morning for a perfusion of beauty come 4th of July!!!

"I need to add much more information and pictures from my little SundaySchool book"...
"NELLIE GREY on the UPSandDOWNS of EVERY-DAY LIFE"
my little book states...
Entered according to Act of Congress, in the year 1855, by the AMERICAN SUNDAY-SCHOOL UNION, in the Clerk's Office of the District Court of the Eastern District of Pennsylvania. 
The type in this book ALMOST looks as though it were done on an old typewriter(the print embosses through the back of each page) ...There are wonderful illustrations throughout the book, and the stories are incredibly interesting and so much fun to read(especially knowing they were such a part of the innocence of yesteryear)! My book STILL has the tissues inserted to protect the illustrations...
The story CONTENTS are not ones of preaching, they are stories of simple and wonderful pleasures(ups&downs) of life "THREW the eyes of Darling Nellie Grey"...
If you could find a copy, "I HIGHLY Recommend it"!!! 

PARTY TIME@
"Seasonal Sundays@The Tablescaper"
"Blue Monday@Smiling Sally"  
"Nifty Thrifty Tuesday@Coastal Charm" 
"Tea Time Tuesday@Rose Chintz Cottage" 
"A Return to Loveliness@A Delightsome Life" 
"Table Top Tuesday@A Stroll Thru Life" 
"Tea Cup Tuesday@Artful Affirmations" 
"Wow Us Wednesday@Savvy Southern Style" 
"@Have a daily cup of Mrs.Olsen" 
"Home and Garden Thursday@A Delightsome Life" 
"Let's Dish@Cuisine Kathleen" 
"Vintage Thingie Thursday@Coloradolady" 
"Cottage Garden Party@Fishtail Cottage" 
"Time Travel Thursday@The Brambleberry Cottage" 
"Open House Party Thursday@No Minimalist Here" 
"Tablescape Thursday@Between Naps on the Porch" 
"Vintage Inspiration@Common Ground" 
 FEATHERED NEST" FRIDAY@French Country Cottage" 
"THRIFTY THINGS FRIDAY@The Thrifty Groove" 

"Home Sweet Home Friday@The Charm of Home"

94 comments:

Sarah said...

Oh, it is such fun to see you creating posts again, Donna. Love your Darling Little Nellie Grey. Wish I could grow those big hydrangeas here in TX.
~ Sarah

Lois Evensen said...

Such a sweet little story about your wonderful finds. :)

Lynn said...

Nellie is a cutie and the color of that hydrangea is spectacular! Happy Gardening Donna:@)

Rose H (UK) said...

A sweet vingnette and description, thank you for sharing :o)
That hydrangea is a stunner!
Rose H

Carlene @ Organized Clutter said...

Love Nellie. Great vignette with the leaning blue cups and a yellow piece on top. Love it!

Ann@A Sentimental Life said...

My hydrangea's are getting blooms. I love your little lady!

Olive said...

I love the name Nellie Grey and she is darling.

NanE said...

Love your sweet little Nellie! Did you know that the song "Darling Nellie Grey" was written by Benjamin Hanby? He also wrote another song, a secular Christmas song that was much more popular, Up on the Housetop. LOL, I know this trivia because he was once a professor at the college my youngest dd graduated from. Have a great weekend, Nan

Julie Marie said...

Oooh Donna!... Miss Nellie Grey is just precious!... of course she was watching you in the shop and calling out your name... she just knew what a wonderful cottage she wanted to live in... she looks just beautiful alongside your vintage books and that stunning petite teapot... love the gorgeous buttery~lemony color of it... and your $2.00 lamp is priceless!... the "haunted" flea market shops seem to have the very best tresors of all... how exciting to go in there!... and pretty please, may I come for tea in the garden and meet Miss Nellie Grey?... your hydrangeas are the loveliest shade of lavender I have ever seen... wishing you a blissful day in your garden, xoxo Julie Marie

Lauren @ My Wonderfully Made said...

I love this post -- such a feast for the eyes! You really do learn so much from others' blogs! I pinned your pic of the teapot 'pouring' flowers -- SO cute!

La Vie Quotidienne said...

What a sweet little figure and she seems right at home with your flowers and books. Very pretty indeed!

Johanna Gehrlein said...

Dear Donna,
your newest blog tale is again so charming. When I read the circumstances of the Indoor flea market, it remember me to the moment, when Alice in Wonderland entered the rabbit home. Okay, this time it was Donna in Wonderland and when she came back, she brought the Magic Lantern with her. Your vignettes are so pretty, I have no words for that. The little Nellie Grey is beautiful made, her face is so dainty and cute. Thank you for your wonderful posts, which I always enjoy.
Best greetings, Johanna

Clara said...

Hi Donna!
Such a sweet story. I enjoyed reading and I love your little porcelain Nellie.
~Clara

Sherry@Back2Vintage said...

Nellie is such a sweet little lady. I'm glad you found her and took her home. Love those gorgeous hydrangeas!!!

Jacqueline~Cabin and Cottage said...

I agree about the darling details on your darling Nellie! She is enchanting. I enjoyed looking over your elegant and charming vignette! Fabulous Hydrangeas of course!

Unknown said...

Hello Donna,
I'm so happy you came by for a visit. Your lovely Cottage is so beautiful and love your "Endless Summer"..a beauty for the eyes to behold. I must say I love your books but you littl girl is adorable. Is she a Napco girl? She's so sweet! Maybe the reason you missed having awhite bleeding heart is because it is such a small plant. It is a pretty one for sure. I love your Cancer Cure Candle..hope it never stops burning till they find a cure!
Have a great weekend..

Anonymous said...

Hi Donna! Oh, what a gorgeous hydrangea! I have one little one in a pot and it doesn't look very good this year.
Oh, I know the feeling of the name calling! Happens all of the time. I'm so glad you discovered who was calling! :) She is one little beauty and no one sets up a vignette better than you.
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Two Cottages And Tea said...

Oh what a wonderful and fun post! Your little Nellie is so cute and I know she will want to be in many more posts. Your hydrangeas are gorgous. I have the Endless Summer, but it does not do well in our climate. I've been in antique stores like yours and they can be fun, you never know what you'll find. I am your newest follower and will be back when I have time to view your past posts. Thank you for the lovely comment you left me and hope you will be a follower too!
Nancy

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

The little Sunday school book is indeed a treasure! I love looking for old books and imagining who owned them. It was a luxury to own books back them. I love hydrangeas, too. They are my favorite flower garden flower...they never disappoint! Enjoy your weekend, my friend! And thanks for taking the time to visit me today!

Snap said...

Beautiful post. love your little Nellie Grey ... such a wonderful find. i adore old books. Your hydrangeas --- gorgeous!

FABBY'S LIVING said...

Oh sweet Donna, your new finds are lovely! I'm in love with the adorable blue and white, Nellie Grey and the Sunday school books are a treasure! You make the most beautiful posts and photography, I'm always amazed! Your hydrangeas are lovely, such pretty colors too. Thank you for your lovely and kind comments, I so love your visits so much. Yeah, I love Italy too...my fav! Enjoy your evening and have a fun Sunday.
FABBY

Anonymous said...

Your Endless Summer Hydrangea is very pretty. I will be getting a couple of those this year too.
Your vignette is cute.
Pat

kitty@ Kitty's Kozy Kitchen said...

What a gorgeous hydrangea, Donna. I've tried growing them, but no luck for me! I haven't tried the " Endless Summer", however. I love your teapot and your cute dinner bell.

The Tablescaper said...

You have so many amazing beautiful things and such a gift a putting them together to for the most perfect vignettes. Thank you for always bringing them to Seasonal Sundays.

- The Tablescaper

Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson said...

Oh my, that Hydrangea takes my breath away. I have had no luck with the beauties. Other than a Limelight tree which bloomed beautifully last year. I must try an Endless Summer once more. They say they will grow in our zone 5 but everyone I know doesn't have much luck. love little Miss Nellie! Your teapot and cups are so sweet. The post was so fun and put a huge smile on my face!
Hugs,
Jann

Rowan said...

What a beautiful hydrangea - I wonder if it's available in UK? Must check as I know my daughter would love one for her garden. Love your lamp too, what a bargain that was!

Diane said...

Nellie is simply charming and I think she should hire a gardener and never change from that beautiful dress! Love your tablescape and your gorgeous flowers!

Judy Biggerstaff said...

Charming post with your beautiful tablescape. I especially Hydrangea from last year.

Rita said...

love love love your hydrangea. I must confess I'm partial to hydrangeas and although I live in an apartment I bought a large one in muted purple in a pot which I keep in my balcony. it isn't as beautiful as yours but the poor little thing is really doing her best given the circumstances.
Your sweet Nelly is such a beauty and so are all of your treasures. your blue tranferware teacups are really eyeing at me (did I mention that I'm a transferware addict????).
have a fabulous Sunday
rita

Faye said...

Such a sweet post. I love that stack of tea cups with the little tea pot on top and the flowers coming out of the spout...so cute! I have that hydrangea and it is a beauty!
Thanks for coming along with me today on my flea market trip!
Faye

Anonymous said...

Hi Donna and thanks for popping in to see me. No, I haven't tried making my own felt! I didn't know you could! If you do you'll have to show me! :)
Hope you've had a nice Sunday.
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Anonymous said...

Nellie being a dinner bell is the best! I love bells and have collected them for years. Your hydrangeas are gorgeous. I can't believe they are already in such full bloom.

Linda@Coastal Charm said...

I am so putting a endless summer bush on my Mothers Day gift list:)

Blessings,
Linda

Angela said...

I love your post about little Nellie Grey and the beautiful flowers.
I wish I had a garden to grow flowers in, grown up in Holland I miss all the flowers I see here in blogland.
Thank you so much for sharing.
Regards,
Angela.

Bente said...

Thank you for your visit. You show lovely photos and I just love your house. It is soo special.

Hugs

SmilingSally said...

I love your blues, especially Nellie.

Happy 1st Blue Monday, Donna!

xinex said...

Your hydrangeas are simply gorgeous, Donna. Your vignettes are lovely too...Christine

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

I love hydrangeas, too! I left behind several blue ones when we moved last Fall. I believe they were the Endless Summer. I have hopes of getting a few pink ones to plant around our condo in the next couple of weeks. I just love them ~ in all the colors really. Love your little Nellie. She reminds me of figurines my grandmother had when I was growing up. She used to let me play with them as if they were dolls, but I as very careful!

Tricia said...

Oh, that first photo of your hydrangeas is spectacular! I wish they would grow in our part of Texas. My grandmother had a huge one in her yard, and we loved to use the blossoms as bouquets when we played Wedding. Your vignettes have such old-fashioned charm!

Bernideen said...

Wow - such lovely treasures! I enjoyed my visit here!

Beth said...

Your book is a real treasure, Donna! Love your little yellow teapot and your blue and white cups as well. I really like Endless Summer hydrangeas too; I have fun alternating their color from blue to lavender to pink by playing with the soil pH. Yours are a truly stunning color!

Jocelyn said...

Everything is so beautiufl. I love the hydrangeas.

Jocelyn @
http://justalittlesouthernhospitality.blogspot.com

Jacqueline said...

I would be thrilled with just one hydrangea. I have tried but they just don't love our climate. That Endless Summer is a beauty. The color is spectacular. What a darling little lady you found. She is just perfect and fits in your table vignette so wonderfully!

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Hi Donna,
I am simply smitten with your tea vignette! Little Nellie Grey is darling and she would fit sweetly into my bell collection; oh yes, she would! Love your blue teacups and the books are wonderful. A delightful post! Thank you for joining me for tea today and have a lovely week.

Blessings,
Sandi

joyh82 said...

what a pretty vignette and beautiful flowers. Happy Blue Monday!

joyh82 said...

What a beautiful vignette and pretty flowers!

Judy at GoldCountryCottage said...

Donna: How could I not join you at Conghaile Cottage, when I knew I could make the acquaintance of sweet little Nellie Grey. Your post was beautiful and your cottage is also. I would like you to come over to my Cottage and visit when you can. Perhaps you would like to stay for awhile..Happy Monday..Judy

Judith @ Lavender Cottage said...

I envy your 'Endless Summer'. We don't have much luck with them here as they die back to the roots over winter and don't seem to put on enough growth for robust flowers.
The new dinner bell is a dainty one and fits right in at your home.

Annesphamily said...

Oh My Goodness! I have that little Nellie Bell! LOL! She is the sweetest and cutest lil blue ever! Thanks for sharing. Love the teapot too!

Shabby Brocante, Karen said...

I can hardly stand how cute that teapot is pouring flowers! Adorable. I love blue and white....my next kitchen (dreaming) will be blue and white!!

Chubskulit Rose said...

A beautiful set of images to start my week!

My BLUE entry. Have a great week!

SwedishCorner ~ DownUnder...Pernilla said...

Lovely! HBM:)
Greetings from Australia
~Pernilla

Terri said...

Beautiful post Donna! Your little girl is very sweet, and it was lovely having her be the center of attention. Your many treasures are so pretty, and all such good bargains! The lamp is fabulous, and I can't believe $2 was all you paid...but I can believe the place you had to brave to get it...been in a few of those myself ; 0
Love the little yellow and gold tea pot! And it does contrast so nicely with the blues.
Your Summer Time flowers are stunning! Wow! I don't have any hydrangea bushes here, because I thought they were hard to grow. Now with your recommendation I think I will go get one of your varieties! Yay!
Hugs,
Terri

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Your Endless Summer is stunning. We can't grow hydrangeas here in the desert of course, so I always drool and have to buy the faux variety. Your Little Nell is so precious and the books are such a treasure. You always create the most wonderful vignettes. Thanks tons for joining TTT. Hugs, Marty

The French Hutch said...

Oh I love your Nettie Grey. All of your vignettes are beautiful. Beautiful hydrangeas too. Lovely post.

~Emily
The French Hutch

NanaNor's said...

Hi Donna, Thank you so much for visiting my blog, because it led me to you. I love hydrangeas but we only have a few that we can grow here; I got an endless summer last year and hope it comes back this year. Love all your decor; I'm going to follow you.
Hugs, Noreen

Debbie said...

I'm late to this party, but better late than never. I can't tell you how much I LOVE this. It has "Donna" written all over it. I don't think there there a person in blog land any better at capturing my imagination than you.

I am crazy about the teapot pouring the flowers. Only you, Donna. Only you.

Mid-Atlantic Martha said...

Little Nell is quite sweet and those Hydrangea blooms are gorgeous! I may have to give Endless Summer a try.

Mid-Atlantic Martha said...

Little Nell is quite sweet and those Hydrangea blooms are gorgeous! I may have to give Endless Summer a try.

Schotzy said...

I am still ogling those hydrangeas.. what a luscious hue... as usual, your posts are sumptuous!!! Thanks for stopping by my morning tea.... those baked eggs are so easy...
you probably saw my smallish corning skillet that I sprayed with PAM, then poured in 4 eggs with salt and pepper.. then baked them at 400 for about 15 minutes... right along with the scones... They were gorgeous like sunny side, but baked done just as my hubby likes them....
BTW, I m hooked on your blog!! Thanks for sharing!

parTea lady said...

What a beautiful post - I loved seeing the gorgeous photos of your treasures. Thanks for the info on Endless Summer Hydrangea - just what I've been looking for.

andrea@townandprairie said...

Oh. My. Goodness. That darling little house is where you LIVE??? Dreamland.

Alycia Nichols said...

Please send Miss Nellie Grey my way to help cultivate some gorgeous hydrangea like that!!! WOW!!!!!!!! Such brilliant color and so big & fluffy!!! I would be green with envy if I could just stop doing the Happy Dance on your behalf! :-)

Liz@ HomeandGardeningWithLiz said...

Your sweet Nellie Grey bell is adorable! This is my first time to your blog. Is this your home in the picture? It's so enchanting! I love it! I agree Endless Summer hydrangeas are the best! I cut mine down fairly short in the late fall because our snow load is tough and they are by our deck and we shovel it off. My other new love in the hydrangea world is Limelight! I put in a Pinky Winkie too! I have more but I won't go on anymore! The color in your picture of last years hydrangeas is gorgeous! I have a fairly high alkaline soil and I always fertilize with a acid boosting product but somehow I always end up with a variety. I get blues/pinks and purples on the same shrub! I love them though and I am thrilled they are so hearty!
I should have come here from my garden blog (sitwithmeinmygarden.blogspot.com)
but I found you through Cuisine Kathleen's Let's Dish post!
The rest of your vignette is wonderful too! Love the sweet teapot!

Doll in the Looking Glass said...

Hello, Donna. Was so excited to see your gorgeous Endless Summer hydrangeas. We replanted a section of our backyard garden last fall and included Endless Summer -- can't wait to see them bloom this year.

You have such a lovely blog featuring your books, treasures and gardening. Conghaile Cottage is so charming and looks like it would be located in the English countryside.

Thanks for stopping by my post and introducing yourself.

Debra

Linda @ A La Carte said...

What a sweet little girl and what a charming vignette with your teapot!

podso said...

What a fun post and beautiful things! I'm so glad I visited!

Nancy's Notes said...

Oh, be still my heart, that little Nellie is just darlin'!

Marlis said...

A post only you could do in perfection.. I love love Miss Nellie. She is a perfect piece. Your sweet gold pot is charming. What a score on the white lamp. Love your hydrangeas.. must remember to get some of those for mrs. black thumb who resides at this humble abode. xo marlis

Kathleen said...

I have many many, too many hydrangea, but not endless summer. I will have to get one if I can find a spot for it! Don't the deer eat yours?
Your little Nellie is adorable and the dishes you displayed are so pretty!
Here's to a good hydrangea season!
Thanks for linking to Let's Dish!

Bella's Rose Cottage said...

Hi Donna,
I love the endless summer too!! Mine are just getting to a nice size, I love that soft purple of yours.. It is my favorite! Your teapot pouring flowers is perfectly delightful!!
Hugs,
Bella

Rebecca Nelson said...

Oh my...my non-green thumb is blushing from embarrassment. You don't want to see my garden. :(

LOVE YOUR LAMP! What a deal. I'm glad you survived the haunted house! :)

xoRebecca

Kathy said...

Marvelous Donna, I am adding new hydrangeas each year - a must in a garden. My endless summer hydrangea suffered some - I think I need to amend the soil - I planted a rooted blue hydrangea from my mother-in-law's bush - it is coming up pink! We're going to do more and experiment with the acidity in the soil! I appreciate you sharing your sweet Nellie Grey and with Home and Garden Thursday,
Kathy

Vicki said...

Hi, Donna,
Your hydrangeas are breathtakingly beautiful!! I know you look forward to July 4th when they will be bursting forth with blooms. I loved seeing all your pretties today, especially your darling Nellie Gray. I hope you have had a good week and enjoy your upcoming weekend. Thank you for stopping by Bunny Cottage for a visit. It always brightens my day when you do. Vicki

bj said...

That is the most beautiful flower I've ever seen. Sooo pretty.
I love all your magical table settings.... and Miss Nellie is toooo cute.

Little Susie Home Maker said...

Wow! What a lovely post. The book sounds like a real treasure! I love this kind of thing, and your tablescape is very lovely as well! I love the way you stacked the cups with the little yellow pot pouring out flowers!
Blessings,
Susie
via Thursday Favorite Things

Fishtail Cottage said...

Have you ever heard of Hydrangeas Plus? It's an online store in Oregon that has an insane amount of Hydrangeas available for purchase(many i've never heard of) and so reasonable too! I just ordered a replacement of Sister Theresa that i lost over this past winter....loving the endless summer - they make for such pretty cuttings to bring inside! Thanks so much for linking up to the Cottage Garden Party over here at Fishtail Cottage! xoox, tracie

Linda said...

I can't wait for my Hydrangeas to bloom...I have two, but silly me...I don't know their names...just purple and pink...I love reading your posts...you show such delightful little items!! have a great day!!

Julie Marie said...

Hello again Donna... I just had to come back for another look at sweet Nellie Grey... you have linked to many of the same parties as I have, and I wanted to see her again!... wishing you a beautiful day, xoxo Julie Marie

concretenprimroses said...

so lovely!
The flowers pouring out of that adorable teapot make such a charming vignette!
Kathy

Anonymous said...

Hi Donna,
You have such a gorgeous blog!!~ I am so glad you stopped by my blog so I could find my way here!
Thank you so much for your kind comments on my blog, they are truly appreciated!
Have a wonderful night.
Sincerely,
Melinda

Barbara said...

Books, blue china and hydrangeas - all my favorites! I have to thank you. I've been told that I can't grow hydrangeas here. Your beautiful post inspired me to look again. I think I will try. Your setting is so beautiful. Thank you!

Zuni, Chickadee Home Nest said...

Hi, Donna. I'm new to your blog but so glad I found you. This is a lovely post; love Miss Nellie and I may need to find a spot for an Endless Summer. I see lots of my blog friends commenting, so I know I must follow you. Your newest follower, ~Zuni

Unknown said...

Hi Donna! What a wonderful post and lovely blog. Love the finds and those prices?! Found you thru VTT, will stop by again!

Tammy's in Love said...

These photos rate a 10!! BEAUTIFUL vignette! I love the flowers cascading from the little teapot, what a feast for the eyes!

Tammy

Vintage Home said...

Oh what a sweet little bell...I wonder what she was rung for! A pretty tea party I am sure!
Your hydrangea is stunning I shall keep that name in mind when I am @ the garden market next!
Thank you for dropping by ..it was so sweet of you to comment!

Unknown said...

Your hydrangia us breathtaking!

Blessings!
Gail

Schotzy said...

Hi, Donna. Just popped in to tell you since you and others expressed interest in my baked eggs
I posted about them today .. YOU can see the post at http://wwweaglewing.blogspot.com/2012/05/you-asked-for-it.html,, Hope you stop by! Happy weekend!

Zaa said...

Lovely post ... sweet tea party ... Thanks for teatime chat ... Hugs

Ricki Treleaven said...

I love the image of the teapot pouring the dainty little flowers. :D Thanks for sharing the story of Nellie Gray with us...too cute! She truly is darling.

Blooming Rose Musings said...

Little Nellie Gray is darling. The vignette you have created is charming and inviting for tea time. Does she ring her bell when tea is ready?
Your "Endless Summer" hydrangea is spectacular! The color is absolutely breathtaking...I keep scrolling back to take another look.
I hope you are enjoying a lovely weekend.

Jessica said...

beautiful BLUE you have here :-) it is hard to pick which one is my fave :-) Dropping by from last weeks BM

http://adventurousjessy.blogspot.com/2012/04/we-bought-new-pool-solar-cover.html

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Thanks for your visit and your nice comment, Donna. Happy Mother's Day to you too.

Blessings,
Sandi

Ruthie Miller said...

Nellie Gray found a loving home. She is a cute one and looks very happy amongst your blue cups and books.
The little yellow teapot is so sweet. Pretty posting.
Ruthie from:
http://www.ladybstimefortea.blogspot.com/