| My gardens, here at Conghaile Cottage, are in full bloom... |
| Furnival Quail Brown cup and saucer with matching teapot...What is not to love about little birds gracing our pretties! |
| The twig chargers are a fantastic Goodwill find for 50cents each. There was a whole stack of them, and of course I bought them all. I "HAD" seen some at Pottery Barn that I LOVED and were on my WISHLIST(now scratched off)... I like these MUCH BETTER(hmmm, could it have had anything to do with the price?) I just found out who makes the incredible chargers... They are "Pier One twig chargers"... thank you Sonia@Miss Bloomers, http://missbloomers.blogspot.com/2012/06/burlap-bunnies.html for my positive ID... "Isn't The Land of Blog a wonderful place"??? |
| God gifts are endless. If we just open our eyes they are everywhere. Creation was one of His gifts to us. Being Creative is another. I've had the pleasure of meeting one of His Gifts. Our Own Marilou from Lulus Lovlies has the patience of a Saint. Here you can see she started with a real goose egg and turned it into a masterpiece. I can read Love in the painstaking steps something as intricate as this would take. ANYONE who knows me , "KNOWS", I adore LACE, AND this is what that reminds me of... She even signed it... I will always Love&Cherish this and I'm sending Marilou "Big Heartful Hugs"...Be Sure to visit her, You'll LOVE her as much as I do!!! |
| Add caption |
| The guardian of the feast today is the "Cutest Ever" little grizzly bear cub named TROUBLE! How about that, he has his OWN BOOK! with the sweetest story too... |
| Would you like a "SPLASH of TEA"??? |
| I own lots of cookbooks BUT I have a favorite one... If I had to narrow my collection, THIS "SCONES&TEA" ,Would be my #1 pick! I plan on making EVERY SINGLE goodie it contains...Where did I get it??? "I WON IT" from "Liz@Rose Vignettes"... Do I recommend this book? "YES, YES, YES"! and now go peek into Liz's beautiful "Land Of Blog" . Tell her I send a BIG HUG, and you'll really want to follow her... Thank you again and again Liz!!! |
























91 comments:
oohh an enchanted tree! love your chargers and for .50cents each???? wow! the bear named trouble is s cute!
I'm a green girl, so I love your green glass. The book "Garden Spells" sound magical.
Hugs
That is a great looking apple tree! I tried to grow one but the squirrels kept taking all of the apples. Your setting is cute, love the bear and green bowls:@)
Those Heisey cups caught my eye right away...They are gorgeous!!! You are so lucky to have won such a beautiful giveaway...Congrats!
Lovely photos, as usual!!!
That egg is gorgeous!
I can't believe you found those things so reasonable at GW...ours is expensive! Good for u!
The book sounds wonderful. I'm adding it too my summer reading list!
Oooh Donna, your posts are always soo delightful!... first off, you find the best books, "Garden Spells" already has me captivated, I must find one!... I love how you always mix Nature and your little critters in your vignettes... "Trouble" is so cute!... I also love your Indiana glass and Loganberry is especially beautiful, I too love the green... and strawberry shortcake, yum!... I hope I am invited that day!... the egg from Marilou is just stunning , and the book on Scones and tea from Liz sounds delish!... I am on the lookout for Heisey cups after seeing yours... I would love several... wishing you a beautiful Summers day at your cottage... much love, xoxo Julie Marie
My goodness you have given us so many lovely things to see. The place setting are so pretty, I love the way you used the moss ~ very creative. This is such a marvelous post. Thank you.
I have read all of Sarah Addison Allen's books, and Garden Spells is one of my very favorites. I love that tree....throwing apples at people and holding on to favorite family photos....such a naughty, yet sweet tree!
Your table is so pretty...I love the mats and moss. I have mats very similar to yours.
You really do love all of the same books that I enjoy! Sarah Addison Allen lives in Asheville, NC...our home in NC! I love all of her books and I think this one is my favorite! You have so many lovely tea cups!
Hi Donna! Oh, your garden looks gorgeous up against your most wonderful lovely home! ;) The little book looks great and I'm loving your greens! You always put together beautiful vignettes!
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)
I love the little antique creamer and the green pressed glass. I'm going to look for the book too, it sounds good.
Hi Donna,
your post is laden with beautyful things. The wickerwork placemats are gorgeous with the moss and the green plates. Will inspirate me to a special center piece. The book looks lovely and interesting. But the egg, you won, is really artistry. I love the technique and the style. I think, your are just the right person for it.
Best greetings, Johanna
TY a bunch for that story. Wow... you have all those magical treasures? I would drool, touching them and wish that I could bring them back home. Wheeee...
ENjoy your week, Donna and thank you once again for your sweet post.
Greetings from Stockholm,
/CC
I have that book, but have yet to read it! You've inspired me! You have quite a gift in setting up scenic vignettes - so much scope for the imagination! I love the egg! and congratulations on your win! I do appreciate you sharing with A Return to Loveliness,
Kathy
Oh I love eating from the garden and you have some fabulous looking apples. You always set the most fabulous tables and your pictures are just beautiful. I love it all. Sounds like a lovely book. Hugs, Marty
Hi Donna, reading your post is always so magical for me! Is there such a thing as bowl envy??!! Well, I have it after seeing those gorgeous green ones. You find the best things. congrats on your winning those lovely gifts, too.
I love that you love books. The green bowls are just like some brown ones I have. The egg is art. hugs, olive
Hi Donna
I have read a few books recommended by fellow bloggers and they always turn out to be good ones.
The egg you won certainly does have a lot of TLC in the crafting of it, and it looks at home in the big nest on the bird bath.
I'm not a collector of vintage china or crystal but I enjoy seeing what others buy and their excitement as they tell how they come across things. The green glass is nice.
I don't think I have had tea or coffee in every teacup I own. Your idea to work through the lot of them is an inspiring idea.
Judith
Hi Donna,
What treasures you have! Those placemats, green plates,,,moss, and that little bear are so sweetly displayed together. What a lovely table you set. Your home garden is very lovely too. Thanks for sharing!!
Happy Monday to you!
xoxo...Gloria
So lovely and wonderful post as always. I will now be looking for that book.
Cathy
Very imaginative and lovely place setting! What a find those wicker chargers were! I have a little green bowl exactly like that! I don't know how I came about it and never knew exactly what it was.
Hi Donna,
You have the most interesting posts, filled with fantasy and whimsy; pur delight! Congrats on your wins and gifts! I do love your green bowls and I'm glad you went back and got those cups. Thanks so much for stopping by and joining me for tea today. Thanks too for your hearty congrats on my magazine feature. Hope you have a delightful week, my friend.
Blessings and hugs,
Sandi
Don't you love it when you find pieces here and there? I love your green glass. So very pretty.
Jocelyn @
http://justalittlesouthernhospitality.blogspot.com/
Hi Donna, Love the clematis in your garden, and I love your thrify finds, especially the Indiana glass pieces and the little cherry creamer. Your book and cookbook look great too! I wanted to let you know that I have indeed eaten wild strawberries. They grew wild in the ditches in the country where I grew up. They were very sweet and good, but also tiny.
Hugs to you, Beth
Well, I was taking A Stroll Thru Life over at TTT and saw your enticing little thumbnail link and KNEW I would find MAGIC at Conghaile Cottage. Sure 'nuff, I did. :))
I am sooo in love with those adorable green STRAWBERRY SHORTCAKE dishes. They are indeed, very beautiful.
Wild strawberries are such a taste treat. I haven't had one in years. My mom raised strawberries when I was a young thing and they were sooo tiny...and totally BURSTING with flavor. As you say...makes these beautiful HUGE ones seem like water.
Beautiful post....
xo bj
Hi Donna: Love your post today. The colors remind me of a long warm night with family. You always have beautiful posts. Sending hugs your way. Martha
You sure know how to put things together, Donna. Of course it helps when your things are so beautiful. Love the egg, so creative and I love the green bowls. Everything on the table is really pretty. You are right about my spooks plates. I just could not spell it, lol. Thanks for the info.....Christine
Your post is filled with beautiful things. That egg is absolutely stunning, and how wonderful that you were blessed with meeting it's creator. Truly a labour of love.. and a treasure to cherish a life time...xo HHL
Hi Donna, I just now saw your post and as you can imagine I have been really busy, but so glad I stopped by and seeing such a heartfelt post made my evening. You are a true blogging blessing and I'm so pleased you won. What beautiful treasures you have and a real knack for display. Hugs and love and keep in touch. Marilou xoxo
All just so beautiful and you have talented friends indeed. I've also went over and said hello to Liz and Donna you've inspired me to read 'Garden Spells?. I often do food reviews of novels, and this one sounds as if it would be perfect! Thank you for sharing all your beautiful vignettes! Simply lovely! Have a wonderful week! x
Hello Donna,
I truly enjoyed your post. Your tablesetting is gorgeous and so very interesting! I love seeing what you put together. It always looks so fabulous!
The tea pot and tea cup are so beautiful in coloring and design. The wicker chargers are a real bargain! They look perfect.
I have read Garden Spells and I found it enchanting.
Marilou's egg is amazing! And a bird bath too! Lucky you! Congratulations : )
Hugs,
Terri
Always love to see your brown and white transfer-ware. Deb
All the books you featured hear sound wonderful! Love your pretty tablescape too...so enchanting! Thanks for stopping by!
~Trisha
Oh Donna, everything is so goreous and what wonderful finds! That apple tree is amazing! They look so yummy I just want to reach through the screen and snatch one!
Donna,
Too funny to see those green bowls...
We have had some in our cupboard for years!! Never even knew what they were called. =)
sweet post...
blessings
barbara jean
I read Garden Spells, and loved it! Your own garden and cottage look enchanted to me, and are an inspiration to bring everday magic into my life!
Green glass, pretty garden, charming tablescapes with books...what a lovely post! Have a nice week~
Eye candy from start to finish. I love all your gorgeous table settings, and I feel like I could reach right in and grab an apple.
Well, the book must be enchanted because the post it inspired certainly is!
Oh, how I wish your GW would write to my GW and tell them how it's SUPPOSED to be done. You're supposed to find great deals like those chargers once in a while.
I never, ever do.
Loved it all, Donna. I know I've told you before, but I always leave here having visited an enchanted little place.
Thank you for linking to Tea in the Garden! I love that teabook too!
Hi Donna... me again... popping over from Jann's party... just had to look at all of your goodies once more!... much love, xoxo Julie Marie PS I bought that book the other day, can't wait to get started on it after I finish the one I am reading now!
Another lovely post! I have one of those Indianq Glass bowls in Green but I had no idea of what it's background or even it's name was...Thank You for sharing the information!
Have a wonderful night!
(hugs)
Aledia @ Plum Perfect
Beautiful dishes and tablescapes! I always think it's a castle not a cottage!
So many beautiful treasures you have shared today. They are all lovely. I love the little green loganberry dishes. Isn't it amazing that something our parents bought at the five and dime are so well made. Well no, it really isn't amazing. It is amazing that things are no longer that well made.
Love your bargain chargers and the Heisey cups are fabulous.
Thanks for sharing your lovely area with us.
xo Ginger
Your tablescape today tells such a lovely story. I adore the Indiana Glass bowls...I'd choose the green,too. And of course, I love the Furnivals Brown Quail...I think that I've shared before that we use the Blue Quail as one of our everyday patterns. Did you know that Masons bought the Furnivals Company, and they still produce the Quail pattern? Thanks for inviting us for a peak. Cherry Kay
Beautiful post!! I enjoyed it much!!
You weave the best stories throughout your posts. Your treasures are absolutely charming. Love the teapot and cup and saucer. Down here in west Texas, we just don't come across treasures like these. Thanks for your fabulous post and sharing with us. Have a blessed week, xo marlis
Donna, you have woven a magical spell with your fairy-like tablescape! The moss and chargers( I used the same one's this week) look like the floor of an enchanted forest! YOur dishes fill the table with such pretty textures and colors.
So so captivating!
A delightful maiden voyage to your lovely blog! I think you have given me some summer reading!I enjoyed visitng today!
I love how you combine a story with your pretty objects!
The dishes look so neat stacked on the moss and wicker charger! I love the little statues with the setting, it makes it feel like a story book setting! Gee I think that's what you were aiming for! Love it!
Wonderful blog you have! The book seems exciting. Kankse can my library to order it. Wonderful bird bath. I wish you a nice weekend! Zinnia
What a spectacular building... I am blown away by the style, texture and beauty of your cottage! Larry
Donna, I'll look for this book. You know I love gardens!
Love seeing all your pretty things. You know I purchased my Furnival Quail Brown teapot after seeing yours in a post when I first met you. It's one of my favorites pieces. Don't have anything else in that pattern, but I keep my eyes open.
Wow! Beautiful! I would totally want to be your guest for a garden spell! Lovely pictures! :)
Your cottage is just wonderful and your photos are on the order of dream land.. love the little Trouble ...
And I'll have to read this book..
Very nice indeed
Sandy
Lovely post. I have been looking for a story with some magic in it so this will be the one I read. Thanks for the tip.
I adore the little pitcher with the cherries on it. You get the best from GW. Lucky you.
~ ~Ahrisha~ ~
What a gorgeous tree! Loved each one of your photographs, just beautiful! I'm wanting that book, on my list now! A splash of tea, of course!
What a fun gift! I need to make more of my recipes from my books and now with Pinterest - I have a lifetime of yummy things to try.
Your Garden Spells book sounds great. I need a new book. I am fresh out!
I bet your gardens are wonderful. It has been hard getting the needed time to work in mine this year, but little by little is is coming around.
Hi Donna,
I really enjoyed reading your post. So whimsical & magical. The book looks like a wonderful read. Congrats! Your treasured finds are lovely. I love the vintage Indiana glass, green berry bowls. Wishing you a lovely week.
Blessings,
Lisa
Hi Donna. You write the nicest blogposts full of delightful books, pretty dishes and cute animals and things. I always enjoy my visits here. I haven't seen any wild strawberries yet but I've seen blooms so will be watching. Blessings, Pamela
What a beautiful rustic placesetting. Oh, and those apples would make a most delicious pie!
Donna,
Wow did you ever score with those chargers for 50 cents..I paid $3.96 a piece for mine at Pier one on sale and I thought I did good! I love them..use them in the fall too and they look wonderful in a garden setting too! Great find and your use of sheet moss with them is fabulous! Love that and will use that idea in the future! Love your blog and your header picture of your home just captures my heart. Reminds me of Carmel by the Sea homes! Thanks for stopping by!
Miss Bloomers
I love the green glass bowls and the red apples on that fantastic tree--so beautiful! Thank you for posting these lovely pictures--I really enjoyed them.
This is wonderful, I totally love it dear Donna. You make the greatest settings with such unique creativity! The tree is awesome, along with the green bowl an red apples. Well, next time maybe you can get things for free...CHARGERS FOR 50 CENTS!! GOODNESS ME, how lucky you are!!!!!! You've given me so much inspiration.
Hugs,
FABBY
So interesting, love the moss, just so enticing.
- The Tablescaper
So much creativity, love and purpose go into your posts... the art of it, the poetry/prose of it, the magic of it all inspire and captivate my spirit! I appreciate the time and organization that must go into creating these scapes, and I am so glad to have found you in blogland!!
Oh Donna, so many treasures here I don't know where to begin. Love your beautiful green bowls. They look so sweet sitting upon moss and the wicker chargers. The book sounds enchanting. I am writing it down to order. Love little bear and the egg is breathtaking. I can imagine the hours she spent. Now, scones are something I love but seldom make. And as your sweet Harker cherry treasures. They stole my heart. After all, I have a cherry fetish. Thanks for sharing with Share Your Cup.
Hugs,
Jann
What beautiful pictures you shared with us this week. Comfortable and romantic, and a hint of mystery thrown in.
Oh, Donna ... what a lovely presentations of your treasures. I don't know where to begin. Love the lilt to the share.
Happy pinky weekend ~
TTFN ~
Marydon
G'day Donna!
I enjoyed seeing your house and treasures! There is nothing like picking up a BARGAIN at an Opp Shop ;-)
Great photos.
Yes we have all been blessed with very many blessings...all around us. Pity that so many do not 'see' them. I always say, " If 'man' went to Mars and found even ONE leaf (or any other piece of everyday that we have here on earth)...just imagine the song and dance that would follow! The Media would be in meltdown! Falling over themselves to report on such a miraculous discovery!!
Always stopping to smell the flowers,
~Vicki
I love tea and scone books. Your little brown bear is so cute.
What a cute post!!! The title Garden Spells conjures up all sorts of fun things. And the little bear is adorable!
I have the same glass bowl, but mine is in the marigold color! I will be on the lookout for a green one for your set!
My garden is not in full bloom, hydrangeas are just starting to open.
Love those chargers, adore the price!
Such a pretty table! Thanks for linking to Let's Dish!
Oh dear,
Since my Paris party ended and I have a new post up, I didn't think anyone else would comment on my last post. But I am so glad that I found that you visited and I am here, in AWE. I must read through your profile, but IS THIS COTTAGE YOURS????? Donna, thank you so very much for visiting with me and being my newest follower and 210th commenter! That has never happened before!
That bear named TROUBLE is just too cute for words!!!!!!! You have much here that has already grabbed at my heart and know that I will be back. You are going on my BLOG ROLL and I visit my friends consistently. I must learn more about Conghaile Cottage. I live at Rabbit Hill, a sweet little brick and stone French cottage. MUCH HAPPINESS as you enjoy each day. I am looking forward to more posts!! Anita
Just beautiful and charming! Thanx for coming to THT!
Donna, your vignette is so charming. The little bear and squirrel add a sweet touch, which I love. I'm looking for the book...I love gardens.
A warm and comforting post.Even in the middle of a summer day your post was wonderful,felt like home.All the gifts you displayed are so dear and generous.I read the book,Garden Spells when it first came out and enjoyed it.Although I'm trying to remember all the details and just can't.Thank you for the encouragement on My coffee quest.I know I'll keep trying to find one that I like.So enjoyed visiting you .Denise
You have me under your spell with this post & table! I'm a BIG Sarah Addison Allen fan and have read all her books! My mom's everyday pattern is Furnival Quail in blue~ I prefer your brown, shhh...don't tell her :)
Beautiful post, each of your images is to lovely. Great biscuit jar too.
Wonderful as always to have you be a part of Seasonal Sundays.
- The Tablescaper
Love that gorgeous apple tree. I love this post. Have a good week-end.
Hi Donna!
Lovely post and you do have some beautiful things. You are so lucky to have the quail teapot and the cup and saucer. Do you have any other pieces? I have always been drawn to that pattern. Years ago I could have bought it in blue and white. It was so pretty but I let it get away. PS. I answered your question on my post on Blue Calico.
~Clara
Love how you wrote this beautiful post! That apple tree filled with red delicious apples looks picture perfect and I love your table setting. The green bowls for strawberry shortcake are so pretty, Donna. I can just imagine how lovely they will look filled with strawberries.The twig chargers look wonderful with the greens, love their price tag a swell:)Thanks for sharing this lovely post with us and for taking the time to leaving me such a sweet comment on my garden party. I appreciate your visit. And yes, the succulents that look like little roses are hens and chicks.I love hens and chicks, they look adorable:) Happy Sunday!Hugs,Poppy
Oh, my goodness...so pretty! That egg is just fantastic!!!! I was also really drawn to the apple tree. Brings back lots of memories. I have those Pier 1 placemats, too, and I love them! Hooray that you were able to find them for a mere 50 cents apiece!!!! Enjoy!
What a perfectly charming tablescape Donna! I must read that book too. I love adding a bit of magic to life.
Big Hugs,
Susan and Bentley
PS: I never get tired of admiring your charming storybook cottage!!
Hi Donna, I've awarded you "The Sunshine Award" at:
http://kittyskozykitchen.blogspot.com/2012/06/sunshine-award.html
If you would like to participate , please do. If not, no worries, as I totally understand.
This post is a visual delight, full of eye candy!
Gorgeous! I have that "Scones" book too and I would love to cook my way through it! Thank you for joining me at Home Sweet Home!
Sherry
ok, I just bought the book from amazon for a penny plus shipping. I need a good magical read!
I have sadly finished the book Garden Spells. This book was very sweet, and I adore how Claire makes foods and sweets with the intelligencia of the flowers and herbs she uses....I must learn them. thanks for this recommendation. Hope you are well....let us know. Lady
Post a Comment