CONGHAILE COTTAGE

CONGHAILE COTTAGE
"The love of gardening is a seed that once sown never dies" ...Gertrude Jekyll...

Translator

Wednesday, August 1, 2012

"I LOVE YOU DADDY"!!!

My Dad is back on his feet... He has never been one to complain, so when he became ill, kept it from everyone. He only said he was a bit run down. By the time Mom got him to go to the doctor he had to be hospitalized with full blown pneumonia... He now has a clean bill of health and "ALTHOUGH he's complaining about being old", he's doing beautifully... "LOVE THAT GUY"!!!  Now to get him to gain 20 pounds...  "THANK YOU SO MUCH" all you wonderful friends who left all those sweet remarks for me, AND I love you all for those special prayers you sent... Please keep them coming, I want my Mom and Dad to be around "forever"(I don't think that's too much to ask)... For now I'm totally drained. When I came home I found my Hubby had fractured his leg and it was so swollen I took him to the emergency room...They checked him for blood clots and "WELL, He'll be fine but it will be a LONG recovery for him"! OH MY!!!  I've missed you all SO MUCH... 

41 comments:

Carlene @ Organized Clutter said...

So glad your handsome Father is better! Missed you in the blogworld!

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Well, bless your heart, Donna! You have had a time of it! So thankful your Dad will be fine and so sorry about your hubby's leg! Thanks for letting us all know how things were going and get rested up, my friend. Happy August!

Blessings and hugs,
Sandi

becktovintage said...

Dear Donna, My all prayers for your dad and also all your family...
God bless you and your family..
Blessings...

Johanna Gehrlein said...

Dear Donna,
what a luck is this message about your Dad. How can we be happy when you are in such sorrows. So nice to see you are posting again. The fractured ancle of your hubby is a dop of bitterness in this sweet days. I hope it will hail soon. We missed you, too.
Best greetings, Johanna

Schotzy said...

So pleased to hear about your dad.... what a sweetheart he is and how much it must have meant to him to have you there for this long time... so sorry to hear about your husband,... goodness, when it rains, it pours!!!
But you must know that you have sorely missed here as well.... so great to have you back!!!!!!

Lynn said...

Glad to hear your dad is doing well! Now to get your hubby "back on his feet"... Seems there's always something. Take care:@)

Judy at GoldCountryCottage said...

Donna. I've not been in touch for awhile so am glad your dad is feeling better. It sure would be nice to keep them around forever if we could. I'm thinking of those times with my kitchen redo as my dad built all of the kitchen cupboards and I've been looking at a lot of pictures. Times pass so quickly. Hope your hubby is doing better and don't forget to take a little time for yourself..Happy Wednesday..Judy

Sunny Simple Life said...

Such good news. That is nothing to take lightly. It can be very scary.

Sunny Simple Life said...

Such good news. That is nothing to take lightly. It can be very scary.

Kays Kids said...

I am so sorry your hubby has broken his leg. You are certainly going through a tough patch at the moment.
The sun will shine again, and hopefully every one will be well.
Prayers for all of you..
Hugs

Pamela Gordon said...

I'm happy to hear that your father is doing so much better now. But, poor hubby! You will now have to nurse him back to health. Take care of yourself. Blessings, Pamela

xinex said...

I am so glad your dad is ok now, Donna but I am sorry for your hubby's fracture. I hope it is not too bad and that it will heal soon. Try to get some rest....Christine

FABBY'S LIVING said...

Oh, such great news! You darling dad is doing better and your mother as well. Oh honey I'm so happy for all of you! He heard all our prayers, He always does!! My goodness, you didn't come to a totally perfect enviorment at your nest too! Wow, hope your hubby's leg is better, fractures take long. Now, lease rest and leave the rest to our Lord, He'll take care of all your loved ones. I've missed you and I'm happy you're back darling.
FABBY

Entertaining Women said...

Praises that your daddy is doing so much better. Have a great malt or milk shake delivered to him every day! I'm so sad about your husband...I think that you are definitely under attack. I'll be praying for protection for yours and for you. Take care of yourself in the journey! Thanks for keeping us in the loop. Cherry Kay

Betty said...

Wonderful news that Your Father is better. Now to get Your Hubby better. Sending prayers Your way.

Tammy's in Love said...

I've had you and your Dad on my prayer list. I am so glad he is recovering! Now home to take of husband! YIKES! We better take car of you!

Tammy

kitty@ Kitty's Kozy Kitchen said...

Donna, it is so good to hear from you and to know that all is well with your dear Dad. Hopefully, your hubby will be on the mend. Prayers are a wonderful thing to share, aren't they? xo

Judy Ann Lincicum said...

Thank you, Lord, for answering prayers. I have been praying and praying, each day as I went to pull up your blog, and you were still missing.I just felt something was amiss, and I am so thankful your Daddy healed and is feeling better. Daddy's are special! And so are Moms, take care of yourself! We missed you. Judy

La Vie Quotidienne said...

Happy to hear that your father is doing better, but sorry about your husband. Sending wishes that all will be back to normal soon.

Sarah said...

Welcome home, Donna. I know you are feeling better knowing that your dad is back on his feet. It's wonderful that you could be there with your parents to help them during this stressful time. Now you've got to get that hubby of yours back on his feet. Take care and know that you are thought of.......Sarah

Bijou Sugar-Socks said...

God bless your healing hands :) keep the faith :)

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

DONNA! I am thrilled to hear that your father is back on his FEET! THIS IS WONDERFUL. Thank GOD for His mercy and I pray that you will have many wonderful years with your parents.

I had been thinking of you and it is wonderful to see you back. You have your hands full now with your husband and his leg!!!!

Do come for a visit when you can. Anita

defaziolinda said...

Donna, so glad you are back with good news about your dad. Prayers will continue for your parents. Oh my goodness! Your poor husband! I'll bet he is happy to see you. Prayers to him and also to you for strength to take care of all! Make sure you get a few minutes to take care of yourself also, Hugs and blessings, Linda

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

I am so glad that your Dad is on the mend..

Hugs,
Debbie

Gloria said...

Hi Donna,

I am so glad to hear your Dad has a clean bill of health. Thanks for updating us...:)

My prayers will continue for all of your family. I hope your hubby has a speedy recovery as well!

Blessings for a happy Friday!

xoxo...Gloria

Ocean Breezes and Country Sneezes said...

Sending prayers for your dad's speedy recovery & your hubby too! I don't think having them round forever is unreasonable! I miss mine like crazy! Dad's been gone 25 years & mom's been gone for 11 months.

Babs said...

I thought of you yesterday and wondered how you were doing. I'm so glad to hear that your dad is better and that your hubby didn't have blood clots with his broken leg. Thank God for their recovery.
Hugs,
Babs

Beth said...

Hi Donna, I am so glad your father is better, but so sorry about your husband. I hope that you can get some rest and that his recovery will come along quicker than predicted. God bless, Beth

suz said...

I'm so happy to hear your dad is doing well. Sorry to hear about your husband, but you know what Rosanne Roseannadanna would say "Well, it just goes to show you, it's always something..."
Take care of yourself!

Julie Marie said...

Hello dear Donna... sooo happy your daddy is ok... I have thought of you so much, and prayed for him. Also hope your hubby is doing better... much love, please take care of YOU too, xoxo Julie Marie

Terri said...

I am so sorry your father has been so ill, but delighted to hear he is on the mend! Yay! I didn't get to see your last post until today. But I will keep him in my prayers for more healing and weight gain. My father in law is also needing to gain some weight.
Blessings on you and your family,
Terri

Zaa said...

So glad that your father is recovering... I'm sending healing prayers your way ...Hope your hubby 's leg is OK too..Goodness what a worrisome summer you have had... Take care, Dear lady ...Hugs

Pattie Tierney said...

What a lovely photo to honor your dad. So glad to hear that he's doing better. We had quite a scare with my mother this week, and she's in the hospital, but getting great care. How very dear our parents are to us.

Barb said...

Hi Donna, such a lovely and gracious post.

I just saw your comment and never thought about whole house protection. Thank you so much! I live in Central Florida which is the lightning capital of the world....ouch. But, I definitely want to check into this.

Have a blessed weekend!

xx
Barb

Donna said...

Hi Donna,
glad to hear that your Dad is doing better. I know what you mean about wanting to keep them around forever. And so sorry about your hubby! What timing! Hope he is doing better, and that you are, too!

The Charm of Home said...

Donna,
Hope everyone is doing better. It isn't easy being a nurse either. Take care of your self! So glad you popped by! Have a good week.:)
Sherry

Victoria said...

I'm so glad your dad's doing well! It's so difficult seeing our parents age. My dad's only 70 and, thankfully, still very healthy...I hope he stays that way!

I hope your hubby's doing better!

Thank you so much for your visit to my blog and your nice comment:)

Two Cottages And Tea said...

Praying your parents will stay healthy and your hubby heal quickly, and that you will feel Gods peace in this difficult time.
Nancy

Anonymous said...

Hi Donna! So glad your Daddy is home now and what a handsome picture of him. Sorry to hear about your hubby too and pray he'll heal quickly! You take care of yourself and rest!
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Donna Heber said...

Blessings to your father. You are very fortunate to still have both of your parents. I lost both of mine at a very young age.

bj said...

What a handsome fella...so glad he is doing well. I know what he means...gettin' old sure ain't for sissies. :(

Hope your hubs is doing better, too.