CONGHAILE COTTAGE

CONGHAILE COTTAGE
"The love of gardening is a seed that once sown never dies" ...Gertrude Jekyll...

Translator

Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Living in the Twilight Zone

"I know you are all thinking Christmas right now...BUT...Since I've been living in The Twilight Zone I figured I'd give you a PEEK into my Parlor"...

I've been captive in a world of silence...NO Land of Blog, with my e-mail "Out more than In"... I truely thought that a new computer was going to bring  a pleasent new beginning, NOT lauch me down a deep dark tunnel of "Nothingness"...

"Spooky Huh"???

These are the spirits that haunted my head as I tried to "Click a Comment to each and every one of you(My Dear Dear Friends, on the other side of the Looking Glass, in My Land of Blog)"...

Time for a grog of hard cider... "Actually I'm a coffee gal, and rather consume a large carafe of Java from a favorite vintage stein"!

Oh Yes, My world has been "Upside Down" without you!!!

Since we last chatted, we've been through Mother Natures Storms here too... Hurricane Sandy had lots of anger in her path... This is the second year in a row that "Halloween was Postponed"...WOW!!!

Okay!!! I seem to be sitting UPRIGHT at the moment "AND" I want to share with you all!!!  I've missed you all and "I'm sending you Big Squishy Hugs"!!!

26 comments:

Kays Kids said...

Squishy hugs right back to you. Computers can be so frustrating. I feel for you, being in Hurricane Sandy. I hope no structural damage was done.
Hugs

Julie Marie said...

Oooh Donna, I am sooo happy to hear from you!... I have missed you sooo much sweet lady!... I am sorry about all of the computer problems and also the bad storms... here's wishing all is well now and things are back to normal for you... love to you!... xoxo Julie Marie

Sarah said...

Yea! You are back! I hope this is a good sign, Donna. I so miss your wonderful, creative posts. I've missed YOU, my friend. Hope your Thanksgiving holidays were filled with delights. Looking forward to your creative Christmas offerings........Hugs ~ Sarah

The Bear's Blog said...

Well, we sure have missed you. We are sending big, teddy bear hugs to you. We love the little bat pictures, soooo cute.

Hugs
Prudence ♥

Pamela Gordon said...

Donna, I was wondering where you were!!! I'm so glad you are alright and back in the land of blog again. I hope you can get your photos retrieved from your old computer safely. That is a tricky thing to do. Our hard drive crashed a couple of years ago before I started blogging, thankfully, and hubby managed to save all my pictures. Now we have an external hard drive and upload everything at least once a week. Blessings and hugs, Pamela

c. Joy said...

Clever post. I've still got a couple of pumpkins (ceramic) to put away - and I have no excuse. Glad you survived the storm.

Tammy's in Love said...

Glad to see you back! My laptop motherboard burned up about a month ago but I now steal my husband's computer and have managed to upload pix and keep posting. I hope you have lots to tell us now that you're here!

Olive said...

Oh my I am glad you are back. Also that you survived the storm. My plan for my old laptop in regards to my three thousand and counting images is this: I download the pics into an external hard drive every now and then. It costs $70.00. That way if my laptop melts I at least have my images. I am not tech savyy at all and there may be a better and more brilliant way. So happy you are back. xo, olive

Brynwood Needleworks said...

Big hugs back, Donna. So glad that you've made it back for a post...and praying that everything is - or will soon be - well with you.
Blessings,
Donna
xoxo

Heaven's Walk said...

Hey Donna! I soooo feel your pain, girl! My IncrediMail program crashed this week and I couldn't open it. After 2 days at "the hospital" and a promise that "all was well".....I got it home, started up IncrediMail (yay!)....but I couldn't SEE any messages when I opened them UP!!!!! AGH!!!! So I can see that people are leaving me messages, but I don't know what they're saying! Double AGH!!!!

So....back to the hospital it goes tomorrow. I think it may be time for a new one OR maybe I should switch from IncrediMail to Outlook.....

Anyway, it's good to see you back here again, sweetie!

xoxo laurie

La Vie Quotidienne said...

this must be horrible fustrating to you...computer problems are so horrible. Happy that you got through the storm as well as you did.

becktovintage said...

Woow wonderful photos.. I really want to live there. I like this kind of atmosphere so much..:))
Best wishes...

kitty@ Kitty's Kozy Kitchen said...

Donna, Yea, you're back!!!! I just can't believe what you've been through. Hopefully, all that is behind you. Your post was cute and I enjoyed reading it. Your new header with your snowy cottage is so pretty. Big hugs sent your way. xoxo

Keetha Broyles said...


I thought when I saw your post in my list "It's been AGES since I heard from her!" So I came right over.

Not KNOWING there would be disturbing BATS at your place.

Hehehehe

We get bats in our church on a regular basis - - - - I TRY to not be afraid of them, with little or no success.

Glad to see/hear from you again, bats and all.

Jacqueline said...

So glad to see you back! I can't even imagine how frustrating that would have been! I love your post - definitely Twilight Zone. No squishy hugs from those guys for me please! I am afraid they would want a bite too! Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving.

Andi's English Attic said...

Really REALLY like those owl plates. xx

Johanna Gehrlein said...

Dear Donna,
so nice to see a new post of you. And the pictures made me laugh a lot. I love those bats, they are supercute looking. Oh Donna, what a luck, that your computer is working again. I am so happy.
Hugs and greetings, Johanna

Schotzy said...

OH how youve been missed and may I also chime in with everyone else that our hope is that things are getting better with your system and you will be a regular once more..... we need your creativity, beauty and encouragement!!!!!!

bj said...

Omygoodness, girl...I knew you were MIA...glad you got back on, even for a little while. Hope it is all worked out now.
xoxo bj

Debbie@Mountain Breaths said...

I love your header! Hoping the worst is behind you. I am an owl lover and you have the best owl plates EVER.

Red Couch Recipes said...

I hope your computer issues are getting solved. Wow! Those bats are really scary! Such a vignette. Sending hugs to you. Joni

Ricki Treleaven said...

SO HAPPY to read this post, my dear!!! What an adorably spooky tablescape. LOVE the owl plates! I hope you've left the Twilight Zone and are back in Blogland!!! Welcome back!!!

Linda said...

It looks like we've all been missing. I'm glad you are back. Me included. i love the bat photos.

The Tablescaper said...

Hi Donna:

Just checking in and seeing how you are. Haven't seen you post in a bit and was wondering how things were going.

- The Tablescaper

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Oh I am so sick about all of the horrible senseless tragedy, and can't even imagine the pain that the families and the whole town are in. Please hug anybody you see for me, this is beyond belief. God Bless, I will continue to pray. So good to hear from you. Hugs, Marty

Sherry@Back2Vintage said...

I've missed you, too! Just found this post hidden in the nothingness you mentioned! Merry Christmas to you and your family!!!