| I have been looking for a particular little lid for a particular little teapot for a LONG time. I have hunted ebay, etc,etc with no luck for YEARS and knowing how you gals have SUCH luck with GW I thought "what the heck" I'll go explore... "Marty" are you there??? I had you with me and mumbled to you every step of the way "sending out ESP" in "Top Volume"!!! OK, I didn't find my "Particular Little Teapot Lid"... BUT, I have been LOOKING for the Perfect pasta bowls FOR-EVER!!! AND now I own a SET of 10!!! They are a Beautiful Creamy white, heavy, Syracuse Restaurant ware(WOW, are they EVER the most fantastic bowls I will EVER need and the color will go with anything)... They are oven safe too... They also came with salad places&saucers that I'm packing away till I figure out IF I'm going to keep them... The whole set was $5!!! The Jar is the most gorgeous little "Must have and we NEVER have enough of", "It's made in Italy" and has a beautiful green glow.(it was $1). The mason Jar is made in France and has Beautiful Large Raised lettering that says "Le Parfait" on the jar&lid and it was $1... |
13 comments:
Donna, great finds! I rarely have terrific luck at GW, but once in awhile I hit the jackpot. Nothing to report of late though. :-)
Glad you scored with these! ~ sarah
Hi Donna,
Your new little bears are sooo cute!! They remind me of the song, "Teddy Bears Picnic"!! The jars look great too!! Happy thrifting!
Hugs, Laura
I love to mix and match plates and creamy white always brings it all together. I just became a follower I read your profile and we have a few things in common. Chocolat is my all time favorite movie. I have the sound track I play often. and who dosen't love tasha tudor. I have been collecting her books she was such an interesting person. I also saw your post on animals I am in northern N.H. and we live among the animals.
Amazing houses also. looking forward to following your blog.
Cathy
What wonderful finds, Donna! You never know what you're going to find, do you?!
Hope you have a fabulous weekend!
Julie
You are a QUEEN of thrifting now!
Those bowls are gorgeous -- and "just perfect" pasta bowls are not easy to find. LOVE restaurant china, too -- and those bears? So adorable!
Hope they don't eat much!
Cass
Donna, lovin' them! You just never know what you might find-enjoy the stew:@)
Oh my, you did do good. I felt your ESP all the way here. Isn't it just amazing what people give to GW. I have more fun hunting for things. Your bowls are fantastic and I am sure you would use the salad plates too. I love having such nice big bowls for soups and stews. Yours are great. I love the green jar also, such a pretty shape, and the frenchy mason jar, wow, that's a treasure all on it's own. Your little bears are so cute. They will be fun to decorate with. Super great finds. Sure wish I had been with you. Hugs, Marty
Hehe, you have offically caught the thrifting bug. It is terribly contagious. As a RN I must tell you it rarely goes away. I have had it for quite awhile myself.
Oh...you lucky girl. I could use some of them and since they are white, they'll go with everything! Love the little bears, too. Now I wish you luck on finding the tea pot lid!
xoxo
Jane
Hi Again Donna, I am a little over the bear (not). You have made some great finds! Love those pasta bowls, and isn't it funny how much you wanna make a pretty meal just to see it in the bowl? I do the sanme thing:-)
Have a great weekend and thanks for dropping by:-)
Bella
Awesome. I love these bowls. The restaurant quality means you'll have them for a LONG time.
That is a great find! cheers
you gotta love Good Will!
Post a Comment