| I am joining in a "Special Wedding Blog Party today @ Angelic Accents" AND I have to show off my VERY FAVORITE wedding EVER... My Mom&Dad..."My Parents have been married 63 years on November 8th" and they are still Best Friends... |
| "My Mom was the most Beautiful Bride"... I LOVED her gown but unfortunately I did not get to use it. BUT I copied her flower arrangement of a simple prayer book and single orchid... |
| "I Love you Mom&Dad"... "Happy Anniversary"! |
| This picture of my Dad in his early teens was with my parents Wedding Pictures... I think he looks like a "Movie Star"... |
I'm Joining
"Wedding Blog Party@Angelic Accents"
Faded Charm for "WHITE WEDNESDAY"! What better post for white than a Beautiful Bride! Join us all over there and see what everyone has for us this week...
II'm linking to "Between Naps on the Porch". Please come and see all the incredible posts everyone has offered this week.
http://betweennapsontheporch.blogspot.com/























56 comments:
A very nice post, congrats to your Parents Donna! Have a great weekend:@)
Those are absolutely stunning photos. Your parents were certainly a very good looking couple.
I remember the first Christmas my family spent with us and the collective intake of breath as my husband handed my grandmother tea in a mug. She NEVER drank from a mug, always a bone china cup and saucer. Luckily she had a sense of humour. xx
What a Beautiful and Honoring post! Your mom was Such a beautiful bride. My Goodness!
It is wonderful that you have so many special things that were your parent's. I think that it is wise to give our children some of our special things while we are still on this earth with them, so that we can enjoy seeing them in their homes.
Beautiful story,
Joyce
How lovely to have so many things that bring happy memories to your parents, and let you share in their early lives. Your mother (and her dress!) are gorgeous.
What a beautiful and charming post.
Cass
Love those photos. Congratulations to your mother and father. Wow. A wonderful life together.
Your mom and dad are blessed to have a daughter who honors them in such a beautiful and loving manner. Great post, and thank you for sharing this wonderful moment. Cherry Kay
A beautiful, charming tribute to your parents. Donna you are a master at staging exquisite photo vignettes.
Congratulations to your parents. 63 years together is an amazing accomplishment. I agree, your mom was the most beautiful bride! The dress is stunning. Thank you for sharing these wonderful photos and your memories. ~ Sarah
This was very moving and beautiful. I loved reading their story through your words. Quite touching.
What a beautiful couple! Happy Anniversary to them. They are truly inspiring. :) Theresa
What a wonderful milestone. Their pictures are so beautiful. I don't think our wedding pictures are anywhere near the same quality as theirs were. You put together such a nice and meaningful display. Give them hugs from me! We need more love stories like this.
Such a wonderful way to honor your parents Anniversary. They must be so pround of you. Thanks for sharing your memories and pictures with us.
~ ~Ahrisha~ ~
OH Donna, your parents are so lovely! :) I wish I still had my mom's wedding dress, or even some pictures...they were very poor and didn't have much...not even a photographer. :( How very sweet that you have so many things from their special day to hold on to. :)
I was a very luck girl at Goodwill wasn't I?! You're so right that the fabric wouldn't have lasted long if I hadn't grabbed it. (and I really did grab it...like someone was gonna come snatch it away from me! lol)
Hope you have a great day my dear!
HUGS
Missy :)
Hi Donna, what a nice tribute to your parents! Lovely photos, and I love the way you put together that sweet vignette.
Debbie@houseatthelake
Congratulations to your parents. I love the photos. They are a very lucky couple to be married 63 years. I hope we make it. Tomorrow will be 41 for us.
Sam
Oh how wonderful you still have both your parents!
My parents would have been married 75 yrs in Oct., but my dad died shortly after their 25th anniv. at 50.
I have a tablecloth and napkins that was an engagement gift I want to use in a tablescape. I had planned to do it in honor of their anniv, but I have been down with pneumonia, just getting back !
So besides our names being the same, I was married at St. Patrick's Church.:) But in Huntington.
I hope J is improving, I have been keeping him in my prayers.
Congratulations to your parents. It's wonderful that they are still best friends after so many years. Their photos are lovely. I think it's neat that your dad prefers a cup and saucer!
I overheard my MIL talking on the phone to my hubby tonight and she told him he should sell the van and get me a volkswagon! As if I'd let that happen! She was joking...I think! LOL!
I love your posts. They always make me smile and give me such a warm feeling. What a special family you have!
What a great post and vignette of the treasures of your parents' wedding. Thanks for sharing this with us.
Hi Donna, Happy Anniversary to your parents. We lost my dad a four years ago right after my parents' 50th. Don't you just love the only newspaper write ups? All the guests are listed so formally, and the descriptions of the clothes are wonderful. This is such a nice post. Linda
Oh what a lovely post, Donna. Your mom is gorgeous and I am sure you got her genes. What a beautiful bride and gown. I have those Johnson Bros. cups too, I have the set and love using them in the winter time. I love your vignettes, very pretty and you are so sweet with your comment. Thank you very much!...Christine
Oh this is such a special and loving post Donna. I love it. The clocks, the scarf and the beautiful vases along with their beautiful wedding pics. So special and so pretty. Wonderful and loving post. Thanks so much for linking to TTT. Hugs, Marty
Wow! 63 years! Thats a long time!
Theresa
aka:TOT
What a true blessing to be with the one you love for 63 years. Congratulations and Happy Anniversary to them.
I love how you displayed everything.
Rhonda
Wow-that's amazing-and to be best friends-I think we all want that-I'm sure they worked at it-Congradulations to All!
WOW, 63 years together, how wonderful. What a nice tribute to your parents! Their wedding photos are so beautiful, they make such a lovely couple!!! Happy White Wednesday... Blessings~~~ Daphne
What a wonderful way to honor you Mom and Dad's love story...I'm sure they are so proud!!
Love that fabulous forties music. Thanks for making my day.
The memories in sepia are priceless. It is not a cliché, all brides are beautiful, your mom especially so! The look of love is seen then, and fully now after 63 wonderful years. The announcements and table arrangement evoke a speial day, and beautiful couple.
For an old romantic song, I like the instrumental 'I'm Getting Sentimental Over You' by Jimmy Dorsey.
A nice and sentimental post!
My maiden name was Connolly so your link caught my attention.
This is a lovely tribute to your parents.
My maiden name was Connolly so your link caught my attention.
This is a lovely tribute to your parents.
What a wonderful tribute! Those photos are absolutely beautiful! I just love each and every detail you have included here.
What treasured memories! Something to hold on to during difficult times...
Such wonderful memories!!!!!!
- The Tablescaper
What a sweet tribute. The pictures are wonderful -- a lovely bride and her handsome groom. How wonderful that they have each other still. Thanks for a beautiful table and sharing such a sweet celebration with us. My husband and I are coming up on year 35 the end of this month and look forward to celebrating with our kids the evening befor Thanksgiving.
Oh, my goodness...this is SO sweet!!! I love it that your parents are still best friends after 63 years of marriage! It is what my husband and I strive for, and what all couples should attempt to emulate. Being best friends is so important in a marriage! Thank you for sharing your parents' special day with all of us. Wow!!!
This is lovely, wonderful memories. Your mother was so beautiful. I love how elegantly you put it all together. Your descriptions were captivating.
This is a very beautiful post. Nostalgic photos are always good in sepia.
what a beautiful blog you have,love all the pics!
what a wonderful tribute to your Mom and Dad! Lovely half-sepia shots! :)
What a charming and lovely post about your wonderful Mom and Dad! It is very clear you love them very much!!
Happy 63rd Anniversary to them, that is wonderful that they are still best friends and enjoying their marriage after all these years. What a great testimony that is.....especially in this day and age!!
We just celebrated our 40th Anniversary just the day before their Anniversary!! Thought it neat that our Anniversaries are just a day apart,
My hubby is my best friend as well, and we still love being married after all these years.
Thanks for sharing this lovely post about your parents, it really is precious and sweet!
Enjoyed my time here,
Blessings, Nellie
Happy 63rd Wedding Anniversary to your mom and dad! :)
pibyang from sepia scenes.3
The best wishes for your mom and dad's 63rd. Anniversay, they are very blessed by our Lord and may he keeps them.
Merry Christmas
FABBY
This is a lovely tribute to your parents, Donna. I know you treasure these special treasures. They are to be congratulated on 67 years. I hope that for all of us!
Honey
treasures said...
What a gorgeous post and wedding! So much love! Congrats to your parents. Thanks for introducing us to them. How wonderful to have them in your life.
~ Julie
Oh, how wonderful to have these. She is beautiful and he has, INDEED, MOVIE STAR looks. Her gown, flowers, veil, everything is just lovely.
I think my parents didn't have photos..a quick wedding at the County Courthouse..she was only 17.
You are very blessed to have these...and I can see that YOU KNOW IT. :))
I love the Bloggatory....I am stuck there too. Your mother is gorgeous. And my bridesmaids carried a Bible with a flower corsage on it. Love it!!
What a beautiful write for your parents, Donna. The picture are just gorgeous & yes, your Mother is a beautiful bride. Back in the 'good old days' it was quite common to carry a prayer book/missal with orchids on top.
How lucky you are to have such wonderful treasures ... forever.
TTFN ~
Marydon
Oh, so sweet and lovely! I think BOTH your parents looked like movie stars! :)
What a beautiful couple! I too love clocks. Those are fabulous!
xx, shell
OMG! What a beautiful couple, it's no wonder you're so beautiful Donna!..you're a "cross" between you're gorgeous mom and your star handsome dad, you have the beauty of both! God bless their anniversary, it's a blessing. Sorry I didn't see your post, I was away for the weekend. Thank you for visiting my girls and for your lovely comments, as always. No, I didn't go to Disney, they go every year...hope to go next year. Love. FABBY
Donna, I'm sorry to be late. This is the most loving post. Imagine being married 63 years! What a wonderful thought for this beautiful couple. I agree, your mom is a gorgeous bride. Would love to see your wedding photo too. ;-)
Have a great week, my friend. ~ sarah
This is a charming post. I can see why the Roseville vases are your favorite. Your moms dress was gorgeous, a very handsome couple. Wonderful treasures and memories for all. I am a new follower.
Hugs...Lu
Your parents were a beautiful bride and groom, love those old photos.Hope they had a wonderful day.
Oh, Donna, what a lovely post! I'm so thrilled that you joined us for the Wedding Blog Party fun! Your parents are indeed a handsome "moviestar" couple, aren't they?!? Your mother was a beautiful bride and how wonderful that they've been married 63 yrs.!! What an elegant gown she had and I love that you used a similar prayer book bouquet! Their Roseville vases are a special pair to treasure. How cute that your dad synchronized the clocks and that he searches out his own coffee cup! Perfect love songs you've included.
Thanks so much for joining and sharing with us all! My out of town relatives are gone now, so I'm free to visit and revisit everyone's lovely wedding posts!
Big TX Hugs,
Stephanie
Angelic Accents
Forgot to mention how much I love that you have your parents newspaper announcement. I enlarged it and enjoyed reading the bridal gown description immensely! Just beautiful. Thanks for all the thought you put into this post!
Hugs,
Stephanie
Angelic Accents
What lovely memories. I was born in 1947 and I still love the music, fashions, and anything from that era. We have been married 43yrs in July. Your mother's gown was beautiful!
Post a Comment