| Even the little "Limoges Bumble Bee" thinks it's a real flower... |
| You all remember my Lil' Bronze Frog that is SUCH a workaholic? WELL today he is Ms Potts Taxi... He can even warm her bum if she were to serve tea, BUT not today! Today she only has "farm fresh milk"... Mr Lil' Bronze Frog can also be seen working Ever So Hard @ http://conghailecottage.blogspot.com/2010/08/ancient-trees-terrafirma.html |
























31 comments:
A dollar? For the book? You found treasure alright.
You certainly had a good day, and the joy you find in each item comes out of your post to me. xx
You certainly found some great treasures!
What lovely Treasures~how lucky..enjoy!
Hi Donna, I love Wind in the Willows--Disney versions or the real thing--stories, plays...just love those characters! It is funny that you mention dismantling books. I was JUST thinking about my botanicals framed and hanging in various rooms and how someone destroyed books so I could have a few pages--and I'm feeling guilty about it. My mother used to have a whistling cup! I wonder where it is now? I'll have to quiz her. She has all kinds of good stuff tucked away and I think it's time to show some on my blog too! Went to the Christmas Barn (finally got out from under the snow) and found a wonderful sled which I am going to try to use in a tablescape soon. Have a wonderful day. Your header is beautiful. Linda
Fantastic!. Your new treasures are all just fabulous. And I especially like the book! How sweet.
Do stop back by to enter my $30.00 Gift Card Giveaway!
Hello Donna,
you are a successfull hunter! The things which followed you home are so cute. And you combined them togehter so nicely. I love your happy humor and I adore all those cute things.
Have a great weekend.
Greetings, Johanna
What lovely treasures you found. I love the daisy plate and the little whistling mug. So cute! Thanks for sharing. Stay warm and cozy.
Pamela
Beautiful post. Love the book, such great illustrations!
Great finds! and I agree about keeping books intact....I have some with great graphics but would never take them apart.I am such a purist with vintage things
Hi Donna, I am so in love with all of your newfound treasures!... love the way you put together the sweetest little vignettes... and your Wind in the Willows!... my favorite, what a find!... I never dismantle my books either... just could never do that!... little frog is adorable!... xoxo Julie Marie
Everything you bought is just spectacular!!!! Love the bee, love him!!!!
Wind in the Willows, oh my goodness, that was my favourite book....I think I had them all but sadly not anymore!
You find the best things!!!
Hugs,
Margaret B
Donna....I have one of those Whistle for your milk cups -- it was my husband's (and I think his Mom, who was born in 1940, before him) but it is the train version. The birdie version is so very cute too. I LOVE all your treasures and would have snagged all of them myself. Wind in the Willows is one of my favorites and one I so enjoyed reading to my children.
One of my favorite quotes - "Come along inside... We'll see if tea and
buns can make the world a better place."
~The Wind in the Willow~
Blessings!
Gail
Oh what wonderful treasures. I love your little mugs and the bowl is lovely also. However, I am with you, the book is such a fabulous treasure. Love it. Hugs, Marty
Oh, Donna... I adore all of your treasures. Those little mugs and all of the critters and the book are charming. I love that book, and the illustrations are what make it. Thanks for sharing your goodies with us. I enjoyed it, and I can't believe you got that book for $1. AMAZING!
XO,
Sheila :-)
My, my, my, you really hit the jackpot with all of these. The book is especially wonderful, one of my favorite childhood stories...I remember when I fist found it at the library as a child and was entranced. The two handled mug is adorable and your dragonfly piece is amazing!
Wow! I wish I could go treasure hunting with you one day, Donna! The little whistling mug, daisy plate, and of course The Wind in the Willows....WOW! You racked-up this trip! When my dr. ever releases me (hopefully on Feb. 2) I am getting out of the house (*squee*) and going treasure hunting myself :D
Thanks so much for sharing. This is such a fun post!!!
xoxoxo,
Ricki Jill
Donna,
I can't believe you found a copy of WITW for only a $, and with the most wonderful illustrations. That has to be the steal of the year!
You really should have been at our WITW party over at fraise lachrymose yesterday.
Everyone would flip out at this great post.
Maggie
Love the book and what a score for $1. I must say my favorite is the little two handled mug! How cute!
Dear Donna,
This morning I was the first here :-))))), with a comment, but I think he is lost, but I am watching this dream pictures again and again and can forget the gray wether outside...
Anett
That is all so sweet! I love everything here, such a magical little world you created! I love that little bee, I don't know why I love bees because I am allergic to their stings but I do love them! :D
Hi Donna, good finds, but I love the book. I love the Wind in the Willows! Enjoy your finds.
Oh my - such a beautiful collection of treasures! I love them all - am a fan of old books - especially illustrated classics! Hope you have a wonderful time with your new treasures -
Kathy
Purging - me! Difficult!
Hi Donna!
What wonderful finds! I especially love the three little kittens mug! The book is excellent! You know, I've never read The Wind in the Willows! I think I may have to find it at some point and give it a shot! Beautiful!
Tara
❤ ❤ ❤ to e mi lÃbÃ...
Love all your treasures. The milk cup is adorable and the 3 kittens mug--love it. I can’t believe you found that book for $1--unheard of. I am not searching my bookshelves for mine. I got it int he 70’s and I need to find where I put it. I want to read it again. I always loved that book so much.
Donna, you did find some wonderful treasures. The little whistle mug has to be a favorite. What a clever design! But the book for $1? Now that has to be the bargain of the year. I've enjoyed WIND AND THE WILLOWS since childhood, and also shared it with my second grade students every year.
What a classic! ~ Sarah
Wonderful finds! Wind and the Willows is one of our family's favorites. My son even did a huge painting for our granddaughter of Ratty and Mole in the boat.
well done :) The Wind in the Willows book is fabulous...Although Toad does tend to make me sigh and shake my head...
You found some great treasures!!
Such a delightful post! What a wonderful edition. Well done!
What a treasure to have found the Wind in the Willows in such fine condition too!
Post a Comment