![]() |
| "Well"??? says all the little voices from below??? "Is it Spring Yet"??? "Can we come out and frolic"??? |
| "MAYBE" if I "STRETCH" my neck a little higher the white tundra will disappear.........OR.........MAYBE not!!! But you must admit I'm awful cute POPPED up looking like a little weasel??? |
| Do you see how deep the snow IS in my backyard??? As deep as it is HERE...This is like a dusting beside what is in my Front Yard!!! |
![]() |
| It only took 2 dwarfs piled to dance with "Sno"... Not to get sidetracked BUT if you want to watch this adorable clip from Disney's Snow White, this is the link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YMhmVVB4flg ...Just remember to come back here to leave me a comment so I'll "Know you were here"... I DO LOVE company and do NOT want to miss you... AND if you are not a follower, I would LOVE,LOVE,LOVE to have you FOLLOW ME!!! |
![]() |
| Can you read my adorable "Lil' Chippy Mind"??? |
| "You guessed it"! "Lots of Green with Acorn Highlights"!!! "Ahhh... Life is Great"!!! "I'M LINKING TO" "Outdoor Wednesday" http://asoutherndaydreamer.blogspot.com/2011/03/39-outdoor-wednesday-113.html "Home Sweet Home@The Charm of Home" http://thecharmofhome.blogspot.com/2011/03/home-sweet-home-4.html "Friday Pretties@I Love Pretty Little Things" http://iloveprettylittlethings.blogspot.com/2011/03/its-little-things-that-show-love.html "Wow Us Wednesday@Savvy Southern Style" http://savvysouthernstyle.blogspot.com/2011/03/wow-us-wednesdays-4-and-new-life-for.html "White Wednesday@Faded Charm"... http://fadedcharmcottage.blogspot.com/2011/03/white-wednesday-89.html |


























60 comments:
that is just the best picture! How did he get out there? He must of burrowed in for a long time!
Hello Donna,
oh my, that is soooo cute! I really love it. For me the chipmonk looks quite amazed how the world has changed since he felt asleep. I can imagine that he is also a bit frustrated and clueless, from where he gets now new acorns. And how to find those he stored in the earth before winter. Everything looks so different now. And maybe his wife is shouting in the burrow: "Don't come home without an acorn!" It is really a long winter in your region. So pretty the snow is, I think, it is enough now - for the chipmonks as much as for you. But I ope, under the snowcarpet the bulbs are developing and as soon as the sun is tawing the snow, all the spring flowers will appear.
Just a few....days/weeks....months. No, not months, that was just kidding! :-)
Greetings, Johanna
That chipmunk is soooo funny! I feel just like him (and you too) wondering when this snow is going to go away.
It's frustrating to watch all of blogland share beautiful pictures of Spring, when I know we probably have a few months left to see any signs of it at all here in Central NY.
What great pictures of your little "guest". He is the cutest thing. I enjoyed your post. Spring is on the way. :)
Barb
Little critter crocus! How adorable, Donna! I wonder what the poor little guy is thinking, God love him! He must be his tribe's scout or something. He will tell his fellow chipmunks to go back to sleep for a few more weeks. I can't believe you still have that much snow on the ground.
Thanks for another adorable post, Donna!
xoxoxo,
Ricki Jill
Our snow is still just about that deep here in Wisconsin too.
Crocus? Daffodil? What are THOSE???
HEHEHEHEHEHE - - - at least for NOW they are unheard of.
Hi Donna,
This post is PRICELESS....oh, how we miss our little chipmunks.
Just remember, with each passing day we are 1 more day closer to spring. (o: And, I would trade places in a heartbeat - I LOVE SNOW - even if it's tons like in your yard. (o:
Hugs
Maybe he is the first sign of spring. You know, Johnny Jump-ups, well maybe he is Chippy Jump-up.
I know your "inspector" is wishing for springtime even more than you. I agree with Ann...just how far did he have to burrow?
I love you pics to me this looks like heaven, I guess you always want what you cannot have:)
Sydney winters are just dreary, no Chistmas to break it up and no snow to make it pretty, just dullsville.
Here in Micigan, we have the same. I keep checking the trees for the slightest changes...nothing...sigh...soon, very soon...
Donna, I do love your sense of humor and play. This is an adorable post. I can just imagine all those little critters standing one on top of another just to get a peek of what lies above. It was 86 here yesterday, so I truly can not relate to all this snow. Today is breezy and cooler, but we are in short sleeve shirts. Hope it warms for you so that snow begins to melt.
~ Sarah
How cute. We had 78F today and I saw the first snake of the season.
That is absolutely adorable. Here in Ontario we're the same, Can't see the ground yet, but I am dreaming ;-)
Such a little cutie...do you think we could move that beautiful home of yours to the South??? We're mighty friendly down here...but wet and windy in Tennessee...I think I'll take wet and windy instead of all that snow!!! Goodness, you must have a lot of patience!!! But the photos are sure pretty!!!
That is the funniest post I've read in a while! So cute of Mr. Chipmunk to pop up and visit you in your snowfilled back yard. Ours is still the same too and Mr. Red Squirrel runs along the trees looking for treats every day here. It won't be long now. :-)
How cool is that little guy! He's the brave one (or the hungriest) scoping out the scene, so glad you got the pic:@)
Awww, that is so cute. I think I would like to exchange all your snow for our recent damaging winds and tornado warnings. Spring is wonderful in TN on most days, but the weather can be so very dangerous.
Oh my! That's too cute!! My first thought was "how the heck did he get out there?" He/she must be either very light, or standing on those little shoulders!Lol! And we theink WE'RE ready for spring!! *winks* Vanna
Donna, I love your keen observations of nature. We have spring bulbs and shrubs blooming all over here. I think it's about 70 now but we are about to have a thunderstorm because of it. hugs♥O
Donna, I hope Spring comes to your corner of the world very soon!
what a charming post. and looking further, i see the cast iron furnace on your sidebar. how clever is that?
you visited the other day and left a very nice comment on my blog. the fact is i think we both partake of tea and post a few teacups at teacup tuesday. so there, tea brought us together.
i have relatives in connecticut that i have yet to visit.
blessings to you
Oh what a cute little guy! This is such an adorable post! I hope you get the Spring weather that your wanting soon! It's been pretty nice here in Texas! I sure that Spring is just around the corner!!!
Blessings~~~ Daphne
What a cute picture...hope this little guy is keeping warm in all that snow. Don't give up hope spring is definately coming.(-:
What a sensational post, the little guy must have bad cabin fever, let's hope he & his pals (including you!) can make a break for it soon.
What a snow, I hope for you the spring comes soon with als his beaty and charmes...
Hughs Anett
You really had to move quickly to capture that I'll bet! How adorable! He was probably begging his Mama to go out and play in the snow.
Your post made me smile :0) I can't even imagine having that much snow around...sometimes I am a little envious of your beautiful winters...but I'm a baby and don't think I could tough that out!
That is how I feel too. Although we are in Texas, the lst freeze killed all the buds, the bulbs aren't peeking yet, the grass is still brown, the trees have no buds, the not quite so hardy plants froze to death and I could not find a flower in 3 stops today (well none that I wanted!!).. I do feel your pain and it is a beautiful reminder that I don't have it so bad. Poor little fellow. I hope he goes back in hiding!
Such a cute pic of that little guy. I know what you mean - I haven't seen our lawn since before Christmas. Please come spring!!!
Happy WW,
Susan
What cute pictures of that little guy! If I were him I would scurry on down that hole cause it looks cold where you are. Hope you are keeping warm.
Danielle
What an adorable photo! Try to stay warm.
Hugs,
Sherry
What an adorable post!! You made me laugh out loud. Too too cute. Thanks so much for sharing this at my WUW party. I hope you find spring soon.
What fun and amazing photos of your little fellow! My son lives in New Haven and said they got rain that melted some of their snow. I hope when it happens for you it happens FAST!
What great pictures! Love it.
Blessings,
Debbie
I saw your comment on Maggie's blog and clicked on yours to see your daffodils but found snow. I love your last post. Mairsy Doats is one of the songs we sang in the car on trips. It was such a nice idea to put a photo of your mom on the music.
Oh this was SO cute! Not quite a groundhog...Still I hope spring soon comes your way.
I can't imagine he is standing through all that snow. I wonder if their little feet are webbed. If they are, maybe they act like snow shoes!! What a hoot, that is just too cute.
I have the same birdbath, only mine is a rust color. Great minds......
Snow White is my all time favorite Disney movie, I just love those little guys. With that being said, it's off to work I go, Char
Donna,
I am so sorry that you are still under all that snow. We've at least had some rain to melt all our white stuff. Hang in, girl, it will be Spring shortly!! That little chipmonk is too adorable with his head popping up out of all that white. Thanks for stopping by and enjoying my collection of Mickeys!
~Jean
Hi Donna, We are buried too! How did you EVER get that photo of the little guy poking his head up? That is an amazing photo!!! And you are making me laugh with the Snow White! Keep thinking Spring--it has to get here soon!!! Linda
Lol! How utterly adorable, Donna! The title suits that photo perfectly! lol! I can not believe how much snow you have!!!! You won't have to mow your lawn til July! lol!
xoxo laurie
That is the cutest picture that I have ever seen, Donna!...Christine
Thanks for your comment and for becoming a follower of mine. I will enjoy following your blog too!
Sending you warm {hugs} from Texas!!! It's sunny and warm and our temps are in the mid 70s. But....it's brown, brown, brown in my neck of the woods. Nothing budding and I'm afraid we may not have any buds due to the uncharacteristic freeze we had a few weeks ago. A lot of damage in my back yard.
Your little chipmunk is just so precious! What a treat that you were able to capture him on camera. I'm afraid if I had all that cuteness in my back yard I would do nothing by sit by the window all day!
What a darling post! It truly made me smile. We still have patches of snow but not like you. Hang on though...it's in the forecast tomorrow. I do see my pussy willow is starting to sprout. That's a sign!
Donna
Hi Donna...
Ohhh...your little chipmunk is just precious! You got some great photos, my friend! Well my dear...we don't have the snow like you do but we are still a long way from spring here in Colorado...so I can sympathize! I really am sooo ready for warmer temps and some of the pretty spring green! I have enjoyed seeing your beautiful cottage blanketed in all of its winter frocks but I can't wait to see it this spring and summer!!! Thanks for sharing your little creature photos with us...just adorable!
So glad that you stopped by for a visit yesterday, dear friend! I always enjoy your company and sweet notes! Glad that you liked my sweet little bluebird plates...I just squealed when I opened them! Gloria is such a dearheart and she spoils me rotten with gifts! I think the plates came from a little online shop called Tender Heart Treasures. I just looked...thought that they might have them still...I was going to send you the link, but I didn't see them! I hope that you can find a set! I can just see all the pretty tables that you would do with them!
Well Darlin', have a wonderful evening!
Chari @Happy To Design
Hi Donna,
your cute little chipmunk really cracked me up! Looks like he is just as eager for spring as we are! It still is quite wintery here in Michigan, too! And I long for the first glimpse of crocuses, daffodils, and tulips. sigh!!!!! Keep warm:)
Anyone who loves to STAGE her creations is a new friend of mine. Off to pop around and see what else I've missed. Via Fridays Pretties.
I am still laughing out loud! This is so cute. One can only imagine what is going on under that snow. i can just see you sticking your head out each morning, sniffing the air. Too funny. Hugs, Ginger
Can't wait to see this place in spring and summer.
Oh Donna, your post is so cute, but I'm so glad that with excption of an occassion snow, that for me snow is a place to visit.
Our weather is a seesaw: warm, windy, cold, windy, sunny, windy, cloudy, windy. You see we have wind every day. Today was 75. Saturday night it will be near freezing. Visit me today and warm up a bit.
Oh your chipmunk is adorable!..We are all waiting for spring too!
ah, little guy. we have not spotted any around here yet. We are still waiting on flowers and the pretty bright colors of spring too. We have melted from the frozen white world snow. I hope you won't be getting anymore and will start to see the inches go away soon.
As much as we have seen all winter long I still see it as very pretty. Happy Pretty Friday!
haaahhhaaa...oh, Donna...this post is waaaay too cute. Just love every single bit of it. I love your cute and bubbly sense of humor the most. :))
hope you have a wonderful weekend. And, so sorry you are still buried in white stuff. Hang on, girlfriend, it WILL get better. We are so dry out here in West Texas, we would GLADLY take some of it off your hands. :)
xoxo bj
I'm going back to check my blogger homepage because I could swear I didn't see this come up on Monday. I almost missed it, and it is such a wonderful little treat!! I did see your little "spring sprout" in the first picture right away. What a wonderful catch.
I'm amazed at your snow. I can't remember whether you're in western or easter CT. What a snow you still have.
If its any consolation, your Conghaile Cottage is so enchanting in the snow that it kind of makes up for being snowbound.
Absolutely precious little critter!!! Oh my gosh! I would be throwing little nuts out there for him!
I can't believe how much snow you have. Too darn cold! However, your home looks so enchanting covered in the snow. It really is my most favorite house ever!!
xx, shell
great post. I am also just waiting for garden time. The crocus and daffodils are starting to push through the ground here
Nice to meet you Donna!
I am glad you stopped by and entered my
GIVEAWAY! Milk Glass is a passion!
I love your house and garden.
I am following you for now one!
Donna,
That is adorable! I can't believe you caught that little guy on camera. And at first I thought it was a squirrel but, a chipmunk is even smaller. How funny! what a fun post. Thanks for linking it up!
Sherry
It does make you wonder how he managed to get up that high. Poor little guy. I hope spring comes reallllly soon for you and Mr. Chipmunk. :)
Oh, my... what a cute little guy! Good shot 'cause they are tiny little critters. The snow is beautiful. ...Karen
This s so cute! I can finally see some grass. The Hope Spring!!!
Post a Comment