| I have a passion for Triliums! One of the Very First plants to grace my gardens... Of course, I planted "three" deep red ones... |
| "Look at her thick gorgeous eyelashes"!!! Just like those "Vintage Head Vases" have...Is it possible it's the same manufacturer??? They are a very high quality... |
| Their eyelashes EVEN Cast a Shadow on their cheeks...Isn't that Precious? LOVE THEM!!! They are also quite tall, measuring in at around 8inches(give or take a bow)... |
| Feast your eyes on this divine "Majolica Jug"!!! Are you ready??? It was "$1"!!! That's ALL!!! I grabbed it, paid, and RAN to the car "Quick as a bunny" before they realized that I "Practically Stole It"!!! I drove STRAIGHT HOME like there was a posse on my tail!!! I gave my new treasure a bubble bath and placed it ever so gently on a VERY HIGH shelf in my kitchen...If there was a knock on the door, MY STORY was "I hadn't been out shopping ALL WEEK"!!! I don't have a CLUE who the maker is??? NOR do I care!!! I LOVE,LOVE,LOVE IT!!! It has a chip in the back of the rim(probably why they marked it SO CHEAP), BUT I've camouflaged it with a "BOVANO of Cheshire Connecticut", hand made enameled copper, "Trilium"!!! Bovano is the authorized US distributor for Soyer Enamels. Soyer Enamels are manufactured at the Cristallerie de Saint Paul in Limoge France where they have been produced for more than 100 years. I am SO LUCKY to live local to The old foundry building that still houses the enameling studio and Bovano Home Gallery. To see more BOVANO, travel HERE! If you would like to virtually see how Bovano makes the works of art... Here is a "SNEAK PEEK INSIDE How BOVANO is made"!!! I'm linking today to THRIFTY THINGS FRIDAY @ THE THRIFTY GROOVE SEASONAL SUNDAYS @ THE TABLESCAPER |

























38 comments:
You really scored big time, Donna. Such lovely purchase at the greatest prices...Christine
Your vignette of thrifty finds is simply adorable, where do you find such treasures???
Pretty flowers, too & it's so good to see the cottage without it's blanket of snow.
Love your great finds Donna! Haven't heard of the perennial before, it's very pretty:@)
Wow!!! some wonderful finds. So many pretty things.
Boy did you find the bargains! The twins look like a copy of a hummel? Our GW just is not good and very expensive..noting is $1.
i am a pretty good gardener but I am not familar with trilliums? thanks for educating me!
You certainly found some beauties, Donna!!! I wish I could help you with identifications, but a quick scan on eBay showed me nothing on the figurines and majolica pitcher. I hope another of your readers will be more helpful!
Hello,
Donna in love - with her new treasures. You are so cute with your happiness. I love that. All the new finds are lovely and with your special scills for decorating they will gift you and us a lot of fun. Thanks for sharing. Its amazing what you all found out about their makers.
Best greetings, Johanna
Dearest Donna,
So glad to see your blog back on! Tried several times in vain to get into it and I got the message that it did not exist. Glad you got it sorted out and I was even worried about you.
Thanks for your visit and comment and I hope you get a nice spring garden. LOVE your trilliums. Here down south it is too hot for them...
Love to you,
Mariette
Where have you been? It looks like you have been out bargain hunting! I just love how so much thought goes into your posts...I love the basket, I keep trying to get rid of things but I always seem to fill the spaces!
Such wonderful treasures, Donna...LOVE that little bee & those pretty cups!
I need shade to get trilliums to grow & prosper, I think & I don't have much...just UNDER the Gazebo! LOL
Regarding the use of your home's image, I'm sure the reason that they didn't reply to you was that would have been admitting guilt & thus, left them liable. I know Pinterest drives a lot of traffic to our sites but at what cost? They take all of your identifying metadata off & put their own on & they get PAID every time someone pins & repins your photo!! Plus, they claim that they can sell it later. That is just NOT RIGHT!
Add the "no pin" code to your blog so we can all help to stop it & then maybe if enough people do it, they will change their TOS.
Donna, your treasure hunting yielded amazing finds this trip. I don't know trilliums, but if they are shade loving I need some. I'm going to look for this plant. So much fun to have you back blogging. ~ Sarah
Fun finds, pretty little treasures~ Happy SPring!
Hi Donna,
Thank you for visiting my blog today! Your twins are SO darling! Their eyelashes DO remind me of the vintage busts you wrote about. Like Barbie's eyelashes way back when too. Very pretty...:)
You really found something unique I think. Let us know when you find out more about them! Thanks for sharing your treasures. Always an inspiration to see.
Happy week to you, dear friend.
xoxo...Gloria
Beautiful! Lovely blog, I'm a new follower!
Best,
Anne ♥♥
I can't believe the prices you paid for those treasures. Really and truly, I never ever find stuff like that around here. My favorite part of all was the little vintage boy and girl. I loved the details on them.
Have I told you how great it is to have you back? Well it is.
Wonderful finds...love the basket!!!
Blessings,
Linda
You found some great things. Those little figurines remind me of Hummels, but I am no expert! Thanks for stopping by for a visit!
~Trisha
What amazing finds! Of course the little boy and girl steal my heart...so sweet! I just went to the library book sale...and made a quick stop at a thrift store! I need to take pics later. I got 2 little yellow ducks that I love and an old cookbook that's fun. You never know what treasures you will find. Better hide them from ME! heehee!
I was over here saying "hey, I think that is a piece of Majolica!"
and you finally did :)
I remember learning about Trillium in 6th grade when we planted some.
A wildflower that must have shade :) We wrote poems about it too.
Love the Bovano and I'd never heard of it!
Seeing your comment in my inbox made my heart leap with joy. This evening I've caught up with your posts. I feel as if all is right in my world now. sigh. I love the treasures you shared with us this evening. Darling little treasures. The Majolica was a steal even with a chip. You have a perfect eye for the good things.. Welcome back to blogland and i promise never ever to reject your comments. xo marlis
Ah, yes...stinking Benjamin...we had tons of them in the woods behind our house! They really are a beautiful little flower, though. You found lots at the thrift store recently, Donna. The pitcher is gorgeous.
Fabulous finds; I love that majolica too; what a great price!
Hi, This is my first visit to your beautiful blog. Do you live in the house in your header? It looks like a scene from a fairy tale - in the nicest possible way.
Hello Donna!
Thank you for your visit, you made me very happy!
come back soon!
kisses
(I will try to put the google translator)
TINA (SONHAR E REALIZAR)
How beautiful! I really missed your beautiful posts sweet friend. I recognized the cute Hummels figurines, I had some I bought in Germany when I was single, like a musical girl that danced around and I gave them away to my grand-Victoria when she was born. I love yours. You were sooo lucky, goodness $1 THINGS!! I love the basket and the napkins too, along with the dishes. Sweet pepper was a Jamaican pepper that grew here too, as in those days there was no Allspice, so I forfot and translated it just like my Mil wrote, even when she added the allspice. Just use a little more allspice than what it called for in the recipe, it'll compensate...it's really great! Thanks for your kind AND lovely visit. Enjoy your weekend.
FABBY
Your cottage is exquisite as are you tiny treasures. Thanks for sharing them.
Donna, so glad that you are back blogging. I loved this little vignette and that little girl and boy are so adorable. You put together the cutest posts. Love all your bargains. Hopefully, no one has come to get them back! Joni P.S., my teenage daughter named our new kitty Ruby. It just seemed to fit, and she does have some "red" fur. Of course it is fun to say to her "Ruby Doobie Dobbie Doobie Do!" Joni
I love all of your little treasures. You were very lucky to find them. Thank you for your visit to my blog and the lovely comment.
~Clara
I'm a HUGE fan of Trillium, and we have plenty growing in the woods behind our cottage. I hope Mother Nature has spared most of your plants. Now that I have seen how beautiful your hosta look with the trillium, I may have add some to the wooded area. Love your bargains, and I hope you don't have to give the jug back. LOL
Donna, Thanks for sharing your treasures. You really found some great things and I LOVE your majolica pitcher. I thought the trillium in you photo was real, although I know you aren't supposed to pick them in the wild. I haven't seen any since we lived in Montana.They were always a welcome sight in Spring. Glad to see you back blogging again.
such wonderful finds. Thanks for bringing them to Seasonal Sundays.
- The Tablescaper
What a sweet post, love your treasures. I think I would have ran fast with that majolica pitcher great bargain too! I am a lover of Trillium, it is our Province's national flower. Diane
I ove your header. Looks like you could just walk right up to the door. Very lovely. I enjoyed seeing all your goodies. The little boy and girl figurienes look like Hummels, but probably not a that price.
Hi Donna! Oh, my goodness. Look at all of your goodies you've found. I want to go shopping with you! Love all of your pretties and I adore your darling little couple too!
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)
Wow ~ next time you go shopping I want to come with you!!!
Hugs,
Susan and Bentley
Wonderful blog, I am your newest follower from London. I am a huge fan of Trillums too, mine are up and about to fold back their petals.
Paul
Oh, this is such a wonderful and fun vignette! I love all your gorgeous finds. Thank you for sharing at TTF. Have a wonderful day!
Post a Comment