CONGHAILE COTTAGE

CONGHAILE COTTAGE
"The love of gardening is a seed that once sown never dies" ...Gertrude Jekyll...

Translator

Monday, August 13, 2012

"The Fabulous 50s"

The whole idea of this post, came about from a very special "FABULOUS 50s FIND"... and "NO" it's not the baby girl in the photo "Who just happens to be Moi" WAY BACK in the beginning of My Time 1954... Mom&Dad made me take my baby picture home last month when I was there... I really didn't want to take it, Hmmmm,  "Just WHAT does a person DO with a photo of their mini self"??? I tried showing it to my hubby and my sons and just got a "NOD"!!!  SO ladies, you are stuck with having "Mini Me in the post"...

This photo is of the city I was born, in the same year I was born... See that cop directing traffic??? It "MAY" be my Dad... He was a policeman at that time... I know every detail SO WELL of this photo, there are such fun memories linked to "Downtown"... The movie star "Rosalind Russel" was from my hometown and WAY IN the back of this old photo(if you squint to see), The STATE THEATER had a large bronze plaque dedicating the theater to her...If you're a FAN of Ms Russel you can read about HER & My Hometown Here...

Isn't this the "Cutest Ever" little cow figurine? She just captured my heart one day while tagsailing!!!

Here we are!!! "The Millers" in the Fabulous 50s... See those Fabulous Flamingos??? They seemed to BREED big time in the 50s...At least they did on our street...They came in all sizes and it seems as if a trip to Florida always brought a flock of these beauties home... My Mom's Mom was graced a pair of them and "SHE SAID" she lost the legs and couldn't use them in her garden...Hmmmm??? They weighed about a TON EACH so Poor Gramma had those monster paperweights in her garage till the day she sold her house...Oh, and BY THE WAY, the legs are ONLY "rebar" that you can buy in any hardware store(just in case you have a set of Flamingo paperweights in NEED of legs)...

"Looky Looky" what I have!!! Yes my garden is invaded by this cutie whenever Mom&Dad visit... They bought him on their honeymoon in Florida in "1947"... I actually LOVE how he looks snuggled into a setting of Caladium Leaves... 
All the flamingos that flocked home with us from Florida are NOT the plastic ones...They are all the VERY HEAVY Stone/concrete ones! Unfortunately, I'm guessing, MOST did not survive to this day, DUE to the fact their necks were very fragile...It was a familiar sight to see these birds wearing neck-scarf bandages to hide their BooBoo fractures...

"Okay it's time to reveal my Fabulous 50s Fantastic Find"!!! It's this stacked Pyrex Pink Gooseberry Cinderella casseroles...Made in 1954!!! LOVE,LOVE,LOVE them!!! I did a little "Happy Dance" at Goodwill that day... YUP, I made a fool of myself and I don't even care..."Can you see me smiling with tears in my eyes"!!! Okay I have BEEN IN-LOVE with this set since "Our Sweetie Shelia" introduced me to it in "Note Songs HERE"... I was HOOKED, "Head over Heals in Love" with those pink cuties!!!  Thank you, Thank you Shelia for all the fun I had "in my hunt"...It came out with a happy ending of $9 for the set...

Another Fabulous Find of the Era is Hammered Aluminum... It can be found for pennies and it puzzles me WHY people don't love it more? I certainly DO and grab it whenever I hear one calling my name. As I've mentioned before I "have an obsession for" handled trays, dishes, bowls, etc... I don't know why BUT they always follow me home... LOOK at this "Fabulous" handled hammered aluminum tray with roses..."It's Gorgeous"!!!

These are "gooseberries"! Yes the ones on my Fabulous 50s Find, "Pyrex Cinderella Gooseberries Casseroles"!!! These are "The Real Thing"... I never see them here in Connecticut... They are never at the farm market or in the grocery store or EVEN in the woods..."Hmmmm???" The only time I've ever encountered "AND EATEN" these is when visiting my family in northern Maine...They grow wild there...I am not a fan of gooseberries. They are okay, BUT I would never crave them. I found them kind of "ODD"! To me they have a citrus taste that POPS when you bite them... Have you ever eaten gooseberries??? Did you like them???

This is a "Gooseberry Pie"! Looks kind of good, doesn't it? Well, I googled gooseberries to find a recipe and this is all I found... No Clue who's pie it is(if it's yours PLEASE claim it and share the recipe with us???) It looks like a meringue pie???

See that little coffee perculator? Do you remember the sounds and smells coming from the kitchen in the days of perking??? I just had the coffee jingle POP in my head!!!  This pot is a teeny, tiny, little, cute as a button thingie I picked up for a "Buck"! It's perfect "IF" I wanted to use it, BUT being a coffee hound, I require a massive 12 cup pot...SO I'll sit with my Big Grog of Java and admire this little cutie...

Something I like to seek out in cookware is "FUN Tabletop Treasures"... Serving any meal in these Fabulous 50s, cute little Cinderella Casserole dishes will get lots and lots of compliments(Don't you think?)...Well, especially from the Ladies!!!

"GOOSEBERRIES"!!!

Add caption

"Fun,Fun,Fun"!!! I grabbed this novel out of my personal library to read when I went to Florida last month... It was better than I expected... Just a pure Fun read!!!

Just thought I'd put the Flamingos in a more tropical/jungle attire for you...

"Florida Icon... The Pink Flamingo"

Partying this week@
Table Top Tuesday@A Stroll Thru Life
Nifty Thrifty Tuesday@Coastal Charm  
Let's Dish@Cuisine Kathleen 
Home&Garden Thursday@A Delightsome Life 
Vintage Thingie Thursday@Coloradolady
Tablescape Thursday@Between Naps on the Porch 
Vintage Inspiration Friday@Common Ground 
Home Sweet Home Friday@The Charm of Home
Feathered Nest Friday@French Country Cottage  
Thrifty Things Friday@The Thrifty Groove 
Pink Saturday@How Sweet the Sound 
Seasonal Sundays@The Tablescaper 
Masterpiece Monday@Boogieboard Cottage

88 comments:

Carlene @ Organized Clutter said...

What a sweet photograph of a cute little girl born two years before me in the Fabulous Fifties! Donna, I am constantly collecting memories from the 50's and 60's!

Olive said...

The pink pyrex is wonderful. I have recently bought s few pieces of round bowls myself. Mini You is adorable by the way. xoxo, Olive

Anonymous said...

Woo Hoo! Donna, you found the same little Cinderella bowls as me! That's amazing. Mine only have two lids too, maybe they came that way! I'm so happy for you. Now I've never seen real gooseberries. They're a pretty fruit but I'll take your word for it - I probably would like them either.
Love your aluminum tray! I love this stuff too and have a sweet little ice bucket!
No matter what you use, you make the prettiest vignettes. One more time...Woo Hoo!!!
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

Your Pyrex really is a wonderful find! And look how cute you look in your photograph. I love seeing your family photos and the flamingos! What fun! I live in FL...and wish I had one! heehee! Enjoy your week!

Julie Marie said...

Oh Donna, where do I begin... I LOVE your 50's post, as I too grew up in that era... we had pink flamingos in our front yard as well... love the pic of your daddy and downtown... the old movie theaters, everything... your casserole set is wonderful too... and the old percolator... and the gooseberries!... I grew tons of them at our little farm when we had it... and yes, I made gooseberry pie, I will try to find my recipe for you... but mine did not have meringue (yucky)... and we also made gooseberry wine... yum!... the hard part is taking off the ends, they call teats... my great~grandmother always made gooseberry pie, and well,you know me and keeping traditions... LOVE your sweet little cow too!... now I must go back and look at everything once more... much love to you, xoxo Julie Marie PS LOVE LOVE LOVE the mini you photo!!!

FABBY'S LIVING said...

Oh honey, I love your post!! You are a beautiful girl now and that's caz you were a real doll, like those adorable ones you have! I said to Shelia when she posted the beauti ful pink pirex, that mother had a couple, when I was growing up in Astoria-Queens, I'm showing her your post tomorrow that she's coming over for lunch. The pink flamingos are so 50's Florida and the vintage photo is awesome...wow, is it really your dad?? By the way, how is your dad doing, is he better? Thank you for sharing, I loved your sweet post, as I am a girl of the 50's too..I mean a child, lol.. Have a blessed week.
FABBY

Cindy The Victorian Journey said...

Interesting.. I had never seen a gooseberry. I surely do not know how one taste, or would I think about a gooseberry pie. Thank you for posting.. A new thing to my list of I seen... a gooseberry.. Cindy

Tammy's in Love said...

I have never seen real gooseberries and I think they are very photgenic! Now eating them in a pie, sure I would be willing to try! The pink Pyrex is a very FUN FIND!

fallenstar80 said...

I love this post! I love anything 50s and those cassarole dishes are to die for! My mother in law has a flamingo in her yard as well. It makes me giggle.

Kays Kids said...

Love the Gooseberry's and your baby photo.
hugs

Sarah said...

Donna, it's good to have you back! I always smile as I read your posts that are full of humor and cleverness. Welcome home! Pink flamingos were all the rage here for many years because a local plant center sold them or maybe they rented them. It was common to see a complete flock in one's front yard when a special someone wanted to "honor" you for special occasion. The plant center is no more, and I think the company that made the flamingos is no more. ;-(
Cute mini you! ~ sarah

bj said...

Adorable little mini-you. :)

I remember all these 50's things...I was a teenager in the 50's....best time in the world.:)

Heirloom treasures said...

I so love all this post. Your baby photo is so cute it should always be on show. Love pyrex too. great bargains you got. x

Lynn said...

Cute post Donna! Love your gooseberry pyrex, that's a great price-enjoy! And the little cow is too cute! I never had the "real" flamingos, just their cheaper plastic cousin:@)

Johanna Gehrlein said...

Dear Donna,
your Mini-you is so darling. Love to see childrens photos from that time, I was a mini, too. And your finds are all fabulous. But what gave me a big laugher is the flamingos. You say they are from the 50th? Flamingos and grey herons made from plastic stand in germany on every second pond. And once we will have a novel: The revance of the plastic herons. So funny. Thank you for this wonderful post with all the nice treasures. Hammered aluminium has here a come back in modern shapes.
Hugs and greetings, Johanna

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Oh, I have very, VERY FOND MEMORIES of the fabulous 60s.....I was born in '58 but much of what you are describing here, especially the pre-mall shopping experience and the old-time recipes are very much a part of my growing up!

IT IS NICE TO SEE YOU AGAIN!!! Anita

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Oh, I have very, VERY FOND MEMORIES of the fabulous 60s.....I was born in '58 but much of what you are describing here, especially the pre-mall shopping experience and the old-time recipes are very much a part of my growing up!

IT IS NICE TO SEE YOU AGAIN!!! Anita

Ann@A Sentimental Life said...

Love the 50's post! But love your pyrex. Keep looking for the gooseberry pattern for my friend but have not found any yet.

La Vie Quotidienne said...

What a fun collection of items in this post...and I love the photo of you, too cute!

Susan Nowell @ My Place to Yours said...

Fun post, Donna. I really love your hammered aluminum tray!

Connie said...

I just found your lovely blog and was curious about the Minton toast tray. I had no idea what is was, but kept scrolling down and reading . . . I knew if I kept reading I would find out what this strange but lovely dish was. Well, you hit the jack-pot at the Goodwill. I love that store. These photos of your home town take me back to my home town in Indiana. Love your blog, your newest follower, Connie :)

Bijou Sugar-Socks said...

what a sweet photo of you as a baby :) love old pictures and flamingos hehehe yours look quite at home among the cadmiums :)

Red Couch Recipes said...

Dear Donna, thanks for stopping by...You were such a cuties and I just love that old time photo of your hometown. I have never seen flamingoes like that. I would love to have a couple -- they are just kind of fun and funky!! I don't even see the plastic ones around here. I hope things are well with you. Joni

Entertaining Women said...

This represents so much that was my life as a child. Major fun trip down memory lane. Will you please, go find me email on my profile page and send me your snail mail address? I have something that I think that you need. Thanks for inviting for a peak. Cherry Kay

kitty@ Kitty's Kozy Kitchen said...

Gosh Donna, what a little cutie pie you were and still are!! I love your pink Pyrex and what a find it was!! I love hammered aluminum, too. My mom used to have some, but I don't know what she did with it!!! I'm so happy to see you
posting again. xo

Linda @ Life and Linda said...

Brings back memories. My mom had lots of pyrex like that. Such cute adorable kiddies you were. Doesn't time fly by quickly?

Athena at Minervas Garden said...

What a fantastic post, and to learn a little bit about your background and hometown--I enjoyed it very much. I also adore Rosalind Russell--I love classic Broadway, Hollywood and Tin Pan Alley so very much. My hubby and I do a cabaret act, and we often feature songs from those places and time period. I love the pink Pyrex--those are so beautiful and useful--very nice!

Tea in Texas said...

Count me in on the precious gooseberry casseroles! I love how you captured our imagination with what is it! The 50's were fun and I remember the towns looking just like your photos and you and your family are so cute in the pics. The flamingos were so popular and even the ceramic ones are found in so many antique and flea markets. I love your finds from GW. This post just makes me smile and brings back great memories.

Thanks, Pam

Judy Biggerstaff said...

Love your post, I was born in 1950 so always enjoy reading things about the era. Great pyrex pieces and tray. Such a cute baby you were!!

Elaine said...

What a fun post! Your "old" photos are very charming! You have found some real treasures. I don't think I've seen that Pyrex set in pink. I think we had it in blue, growing up. Thanks for sharing your trip down memory lane!

Alycia Nichols said...

"Revenge of the Wrought Iron Flamingos"!!! SO funny!!! I can remember a couple of those in my Grandmother's yard, too! How cool is that photo of your downtown??!?!! Wow! What a keepsake! Even cooler that the cop directing traffic might be your Dad! I remember those old stores like F.W. Woolworth. This brings back lots of memories! You look so innocent and full of wonder in your little photograph. How cute! Neat post!!!

Patti @ Pandoras Box said...

We are about the same age...and I remember the pink flamingos in the neighborhood (as kids we would move them around in neighbor's yards!) And my mom had those same pyrex bowls!

To answer your question about "who made my blue and green flowered dish"...haha...they are from the Christmas Tree Shop...only a few dollars each! The painting is raised on them and they have a look of good quality..haha

Marivene said...

Gooseberry Fool is a wonderful & easy dessert to make with gooseberries, & it is delicious. You simmer the gooseberries until they are soft, then push them through a strainer to remove the seeds. Mix the puree with a little sugar, then fold into some whipped cream. Spoon into your dessert dishes & chill. Fabulous! -Marivene

Sonny G said...

oh my goodness, that pyrex ware takes me right back to my Nana's kitchen. I can almost smell her cooking , just looking at it.

You are sooooooooooo adorable.. I'm sure you still are. I am a '55 baby and it always amazes me that not that many years could have possibly passed. I mean I'm still 35 , right? giggle well, I feel 35 and somedays I feel 16..

I wanted to come and thank you so much for your sweet comment. It means the world to me.

I know I have clicked to follow your blog many times before but I didnt again today so hopefully from now on I wont miss any posts from you..
ps- hope your dad n mom are doing better..

xoxo
Sonny

The French Hutch said...

I have my pictures tucked away somewhere, because I couldn't find an answer for the question of what do you do with a photo of ones baby pics. . I love that you've added yours to the sweet vignette. Great post, a wonderful tribute the the 50's….Think I'll pull mine out now!

~Emily
The French Hutch

Mr Paul said...

Love those photos Donna. I see Woolworths in the Downtown snap did you call it "Woolies" like we did here in the UK?
I do actually like gooseberries in a Gooseberry fool which I only ever eat once in a blue moon.
Love that flamingo photo, one of my favourite birds. I have a flamingo related post planned sometime before the summers over I hope.
Paul

Linda (More Fun Less Laundry) said...

Oh Donna!! I've missed you and I am so happy to hear that your Dad is doing better. I miss my Dad every single day ... He was born in Waterbury and grew up there--and I was born at St. Mary's in 1956 too! Yes, I have eaten gooseberries in CT but long ago. Haven't seen them for a long time, but I don't really like them, so I don't keep my eyes open for them. They are cute but too too sour! I'm looking at Grant's in your photo! Oh, do you remember Howland Hughes too? Oh, your post is wonderful. We have missed you! And you were an adorable baby. I'll be back to study these pictures again! Linda

Brenda Pruitt said...

Why not show off your sweet baby self? You were cute as a bug's ear. And that means real cute.
Brenda

Barbara said...

Oh, what a treasure that photo is! I just love it. I am so partial to old photos. Your new casserole dishes are just wonderful! I love the color!

Babs said...

What fun memories of the '50s. Love your photo and the fun flamingos.
I have a couple of pieces of hammered aluminum. I remember "glasses" made of the aluminum, which I didn't like to drink from back when I was a child. They always made things taste funny and you had to put the little cozies on them to keep them from sweating. I just sold a set of the casserole dishes, like yours, at my yard sale.They were Mom's and had a green design on the sides. Thanks for a fun post.
Babs

andrea@townandprairie said...

I love those old photos! Just look at what cars used to look like, man! I'd LOVE to have one of those!

Marlis said...

You were an absolutely precious child! I love that photo. I have one of my husband and myself sitting about with pics of my sons and the grands.. The grandkids sure get a kick out of seeing them. Now all but the pink flamingos (no German or French person ever had those in their yards!) I remember all of it. Congrats on your beautiful set of covered bowls.. How cool are those. And I love gooseberries. I sure wish we could get them here. but that is not to be. Another lovely post.. so glad you are back!! hugs, marlis

Liz@ HomeandGardeningWithLiz said...

Your baby picture is adorable! I love the shot of your hometown...look at the sizes of those cars! I loved Rosalind Russell too...I loved her sassy attitude! In the 70's in my area kids used to steal the Pink Flamingos that people put out on their lawns...they were plastic and kid of tacky! LOL on the book..Revenge of the Wrought-Iron Flamingos!!

Unknown said...

Why do our parents give us our baby pictures??? I have always wondered this.
I see in the photo the town had a Woolworth and a Grants on the same street.
Love the dishes.
Thanks for sharing.
Michele

Susan Freeman said...

I really enjoyed seeing a "mini you". You were just born adorable! Love those pyrex casseroles and I have a tiny coffee pot just like yours and it is one of my favorite vintage kitchen treasures. I have never seen flamingos that were not plastic and yours is fabulous!

Hugs,
Susan and Bentley

Sherry@Back2Vintage said...

How did I miss this post??? Love the Pyrex (of course) and the hammered aluminum tray!!! The best (of course) are your childhood pictures! I'll bet that IS your dad!!!

Gabriela Delworth * Instructional Designer and Professional Crafts Designer said...

HPS!


What a fabulous post! Love old photos and you were super cute as a tiny girl.

Never had these kind of fruits before...that pie looks so yummy!


Gabriela

Denise said...

Hi Donna,

This is such a funny post! :) I love your pink Pyrex casserole dishes, too. I think you got a great bargain. My MIL has some of those that belonged to her mother, but I'm thinking they're that aqua color with little folk-art looking people on the sides. I think these are very collectible.

Your yard flamingo info is very interesting. I never knew they were available in stone; I've only ever seen them in plastic. Too funny.

I've never eaten gooseberries, never seen them, to my knowledge. Thanks so much for sharing. I'm visiting from Pink Saturday.

Denise at Forest Manor

Cindy Adkins said...

I really enjoyed your post. I was also born in 1954, so it was so much fun reading and seeing the photos. Wonderful baby photo of you! Also, a great set of Pyrex. I remember my Mom having a set like that. Thanks for sharing with us.
Cindy

Kim, USA said...

I love your pyrex! ^_^


Kim,USA

Debbie said...

I've basically been AWOL for the entire monnth of August. I was just checking my dashboard and realized that you had posted a GOOD (praise!) update on your dad and then had this post to boot.

I think this whole post is wonderful. I have been to your hometown many times in my life, having grown up on the MA/CT border.

Unknown said...

Great post! I love the sweet baby photo of you...and your pink Pyrex is so pretty! My mom has been wanting me to find her an "authentic" pink flamingo for her yard but I'm not too sure I'm going to have much luck! Hope you have a lovely weekend!

HaPpY pInK sAtUrDaY!
Mrs. Sarah Coller

Kathy said...

What a brilliant inspiration - to find things and put them together from the time you were born - I'll have to give that some thought - I have our baby pictures and just put them together on a wall with our children's pictures - they all look like Dearest - I say I did the work and he gets the credit - your Pyrex dishes are a fabulous find - I'd be doing the happy dance too - so glad we can share our joys through blogging! I appreciate you sharing with Home and Garden Thursday,
Kathy

Rebecca Nelson said...

I love your mini self. What a JOY to see how you put all this amazing stuff together! I would give anything if we had candid shots of our family when I was little.

I'm going back to read it all again. SWEET!

xoRebecca

parTea lady said...

Love all your great finds and especially the pretty casserole dishes. The fifties was also my time. Love your pretty baby pic!

I'd forgotten all about gooseberries, it's been so many years since I've eaten any. My Mom used to get them from a neighbors garden and cook gooseberry jam.

Tara said...

I really enjoyed your post! What a fun stroll down the 50's lane! Have a terrific weekend!

Donna Wilkes said...

Came over from Feathered Nest. Love your writing style - your post was thoroughly entertaining as i am a child of the fifties!

Distressed Donna Down Home

xinex said...

I am rejoicing with you, Donna. I love those 50's pyrex. What a great find and still with their lids too! Your baby picture is so cute!...Christine

The Tablescaper said...

Love your trip down memory lane. Wonderful to have you with us at Seasonal Sundays.

- The Tablescaper

Anonymous said...

Hi Donna! Now have you poked anything into your little Cinderella bowls yet? Thanks for popping in to see me and I hope you're having a great Sunday.
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Anonymous said...

Your post does bring back memories of another time. I'm amazed at how many people are collecting the Pyrex bowls these days. Who knew!

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Well, weren't you adorable! I enjoyed your trip down Memory Lane! Love the bowls, the flamingos, the percolator, and the little cow. I don't care for gooseberries either but they photograph well. Thanks for a great post. You always post something interesting and fun to read! Have a beautiful day, my friend.

Blessings,
Sandi

Denise said...

Thank you for dropping by My blog and commenting.Reading and viewing your post brought back wonderful memories of My own of the wonderful fifties.I also own most of the goodies on your beautiful table.I just need the Black and white tray.My cow is purple,but looks like yours.Great post!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for visiting my blog. I see we have much in common including my maiden name was Miller. I loved your post about your treasures you found and the history of the city you grew up in. Thank you for sharing.

FrenchGardenHouse said...

What a fun, fun post! I grew up in the late 50's...so fun. You are so cute....and gooseberry pie? Oh my, those are so great. I haven't had that in years. Thank you for the sweet memories. xo Lidy

FrenchGardenHouse said...

What a fun, fun post! I grew up in the late 50's...so fun. You are so cute....and gooseberry pie? Oh my, those are so great. I haven't had that in years. Thank you for the sweet memories. xo Lidy

Kathleen said...

Thanks for joining the Summer Fun tablescape challenge at Let's Dish!
I have my baby pic mixed in with the gkids pics. They think it is one of them! :)

Jacqueline said...

You are just adorable! We had a set of flamingos that we "shared" around the neighborhood just for fun. This was a fun blast from the past. I have been gone most of the summer and haven't had much time to blog not to mention visit, but I am so glad I did!

Donna Heber said...

Hi Donna,

Wonderful treasures from the 60's and you were such an adorable little girl!

Anonymous said...

Hello Donna,

So nice to meet you and your fabulous blog!!! Thank you so much for stopping by mine and I am happy to come over and visit you as well!! WONDERFUL read and so beautiful! I am barely 50's '59....December. Just a few weeks away from being able to say I was born in the 60's... :-)

Martha's Favorites said...

Hi Donna: So good to hear from you. Came by to catch up. I hope your hubby is doing better. I am so glad about your Dad's recovery. Love reading your post today. This post was so you. Every bit of it said Donna is feeling better. I am so glad. Sending lots of hugs my friend. Love, Martha

Judy at GoldCountryCottage said...

Hi Donna: Love you as a little girl. If you want to talk time line, you were born 3 years before I graduated high school, and I have a few baby pictures around and quite cute if I do say so myself. I got those great covered dishes as a wedding present, guess if I'd known they would become so special, I would have taken better care of them, but believe it or not I still have the large tan bowl out of the set of mixing bowls with that design around the top, also received as a wedding gift, and I use it practically every day. Not a chip in it..Fun stuff..Happy Tuesday..Judy

Ocean Breezes and Country Sneezes said...

LOVE your Fab 50's post!!! Love the walk down memory lane too! I have been on the lookout for a particular piece of Pyrex and your's are great!!! Have you been to the Pyrex blog?

Diann said...

Donna, what a fun post! I loved seeing and reading all about the 50's with you! And the pyrex really was a fantastic score! Thank you for sharing this with us at TTF. Have a fun day!

The Charm of Home said...

Love, love that pic of your hometown! I can remember going to town and it being like that when I was very small. Not anything like that now. Thanks for joining me at HSH!
Sherry

Debra@CommonGround said...

Donna, you and I are exactly the same age! LOVE seeing old photos from the 50's you're so fortunate that you have them! thanks for linking up this great post to Vintage Inspiration!

LV said...

Thank you for a trip back in my time.

LV said...

Thank you for a trip back in my time.

Liz @ Quirky Vistas said...

I just had the best time going back through some of your posts that I have missed. So much fun to read. Love the old Florida Flamingos and all of your vintage images. Thanks for stopping over at Quirky Vistas to check out my post and comment. I'm your newest follower. Hope you'll come back by and follow as well, if you like.
Liz

Ricki Treleaven said...

Donna, I absolutely adore the pretty pink Pyrex!!! Cute post. I am enjoying reading all the post I've missed lately. I {we} have not had a great month, but things are looking up! YAY!

Julie Marie said...

Hi Donna... back for another look, and to say a big THANK YOU!... I sent you an email just a bit ago... not sure if your email if working yet or not???... a VERY special package arrived today... from Conghaile Cottage!!!... hoping you got my email, much love, xoxo Julie Marie

NanaDiana said...

Donna- I just found you through JulieMarie and I am your newest follower! What a wonderful blog! xo Diana

Debbiedoos said...

The pink Pyrex is da bomb! SO pretty Donna. I love your photos too, I feel like I can reach out and touch it.

Anonymous said...

Hi Donna! I hope you're enjoying those darling little pinkies! Thanks so much for popping in to see me and I wish you a Happy Labor Day!
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Natasha in Oz said...

It's so nice to see that there is a new pyrex generation out there now-many of my friends are big pyrex collectors!

Thanks so much for visiting me at Natasha in Oz today! It was so nice to read your sweet comment!

Best wishes for a fabulous week,
Natasha

Sam Hoffer / My Carolina Kitchen said...

What a precious picture of you. I grew up in the fifties and you've brought back lots of fabulous memories.
Sam

Janettessage.blogspot.com said...

Fun pictures...I have never had gooseberries...and the book just looks like pure fun.

50's...I enjoy going back and seeing all those wonderful items of that time period

Country Wings in Phoenix said...

Hi Donna Sweetie...
Oh what a beautiful share. Love, LOVE the pink dishes. Boy does that bring back memories. I was born in 57 so Daddy always says, Good things were made in the 50s.

Never had gooseberries, but do they ever look yummy. Thank you for sharing sweet friend.

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a warm comment on my precious Rasha. I so missed her this morning. No bark and no wet nose nudges. I will miss those horribly. One day at a time. I know she is free and happy running the fields of gold with her brothers and sisters gone before her.

Have a beautiful weekend. Many hugs and much love, Sherry