My "Komputer is Kaput"!!! "Oh My"!!! Did you all get the deep concentration of "ESP" I've been sending out??? I sat in my library in amazement of the deep feeling of LIMBO I was in "Not being able to visit My Land of Blog"!!! "Oh My", all my friends live there having "End of the Season Tea Parties" that I just could "Not Attend"!!!
"Sweet Sweet Mr Cottage" has bought and installed a new computer for me today... With a monitor SO BIG it's sending out a beam of light that can be seen in outer space! I kid you not...Climb up on your roof and look in my direction...See that "BEACON to the STARS"??? "It's just me, Smiling and Typing Away"!!! I may just "Stay up ALL NIGHT LONG"!!!
One teensy problem... "I have to learn ALL THIS NEW STUFF"!!! My Old "Puter" was from the LAST Millennium, and NOW "I'm State of the Art"!!!
My biggest problem is "All my Photos are on the old drive"(Bwaaaaa!!!)
I do have a clean slate here to start all over again... Hubby will be rescuing all my pictures soon(he promised), and all I have to do to get on his "good side" is bake an apple pie(or two)... "YUP, that'll do it"!!!
I'll be visiting you all VERY SOON!!!
Miss you all SO MUCH!
"Big Squishy Hugs"!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)























39 comments:
I have an ipad 2, a dell laptop and a dell desktop that Windows xp and still chugging along. I use it all the time to print, scan, or type anything of any length.
Oooh, I have been worried about you my sweet friend!... I did a special post for you about my lovely gifts... so glad you got a new computer!!!... can't wait to see what you post first!... and mmmm... I want some of your apple pie, yum!... xoxo Julie Marie
Hi Donna:
I can only imagine how frustrated you were/are. To have all your photographs "locked" in your old 'puter...gaaahhh! Have a great weekend, girlfriend.
xoxo
Donna
I'm so excited for you! I know it's a lot of work to transfer things and learn new programs and 'versions' but you'll enjoy it. I went smaller with my new 'puter....it's a netbook! I love it! Happy weekend my friend!
That is exciting news! I know the feeling, to be using a clunker and then get the new one. I just bet you will be up all night…….
~Emily
The French Hutch
Oh- I am so happy you have a new computer. I bought a laptop last Fall with the biggest screen I could get- everyone thought I was crazy (well, they MIGHT be right on that) but I love having the larger screen. Hope you are having a wonderful weekend..I am off to look out my window to see if I can spot your "beacon". Now, which direction should I look?;>) xo Diana
Congrats on your new computer. I hope it's a Mac!!!
Enjoy your new computer! Have a wonderful weekend!
Yay! I'm so glad you have a new puter and so glad your hubby can retrieve your snaps! Yes, I think I saw an odd glow in the sky when I put Chloe Dawn out! Yes, that was you! :)
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)
Welcome home! You're going to have so much fun with your new computer. Cherry Kay
It is nice that you can visit friends again. Isn't it funny; we think our right arm is cut off if we don't have a puter these days. Enjoy your big screen.
Hugs
Kay
Best of luck with your new computer and Happy Labor Day Weekend-enjoy:@)
How wonderful, you'll be caught up in no time!!! However, I fully understand the discomfiture of not being online... my computer gives me fits... I have a 6 year old laptop and it just has a mind of its own. ...very contrary in its old age!
Have fun learning all the new tricks. I dread when my dies, the last time was so very tramatic!
Dear Donna,
so sweet of your hubby to buy a new computer for you. You will learn the new way soon. And if applecake helps to get your photos back soon, I will bake one, too.
Hugs and greetings, Johanna
How's that learning curve coming along, Donna?? You're just too cute with that beacon of light. Shine away, dear friend!! xo
Donna, I'm so excited for you! It won't take you anytime to slide right into the comfort zone on this big, new beauty. Looking forward to all the wonderful posts that will be forthcoming! ~ Sarah
PS
Thanks for the sweet note. Will respond soon.
What a nice hubby you have, definitely a keeper. Sorry about computer problems, Donna, but something good came out of it. You will love that big screen, hubby has one and mine's not too small either. Have fun learning it and thanks for your sweet comments on my triplets' pic. Happy Labor Day!..Christine
Computer sucks sometimes. Without them, we are like crazy stressing ourselves to post.
Just take it easy and you will learn small steps and you will be OK.
Hugs to you Donna.
/chie
I hate having computer problems, so I know how you feel. My hubby decided he wanted to "restore" our old desktop...well he did and everything was wiped out. It was a learning process for us both...it took me all day to figure out how to get some of the programs back, but of course I lost all my photos that were in it. Thank goodness some of them were still on my camera card.
Hugs and have fun with your new computer.
Babs
Oh pretty girl, hope everything is back to normal for you in every way. Computer problems are the worst! Your sweet hubby will get sweetier, (if he hasn't already!) with a couple of your yummy baking and you'll have it ready in no time. I lost MY BLOG, and than I left the computer in my daughter's buildin's lobby, back in March.. and went off to the airport, lol..Ok, all is back to normal. I hate any kind of computer issues! How are you parents my friend, are they ok lately? Hugs,
FABBY
Congrats on the new computer!!! You'll be up and running in no time!!!
Hey Donna I'm new following,I just had to pop over and meet ya,BJ has talked so good about what a wonderful blog buddy you here in blogland,it's bloggers like you and BJ that makes blogging fun.
Oh Donna, I feel for you. Try and enjoy the new. Once you get it all figured out you will be happy. :)
"New" is hard. :)
~Liz
Oh....a new computer....how great is that! Can't wait to see what posts and pics you show us now. LOL
xo
Jo
Oh girl you will be state of the art before we know it. Climbed up on the roof and sent a kiss your way. Hope you caught it. We will wait for you to return and show us all you've learned.
Hugs,
Jann
I need a new computer, I have dead one and one that's on life support lol. Enjoy your new computer,I'm rather partial to a big screen myself.
oh dear! good luck! i've been away for a bit but its nice to visit and see wehat's going on with you my friend.
Oh I am laughing...my son helped me when my computer crashed and I am still recovering from the crash. Blessings as you move out of Limbo
Thanks for stopping by and my post and your encouraging words...I took them to heart!
I'm assuming you are back as you left a messsage on my blog. Oh how sad to be without a computer. It has connected us with others and it can be such a blessing.
I'm sure you are so anxious to get back to blog land. The things in my pix are not really minis, but doll/child sized items. A fun collection.
Welcome back!
Linda
Donna, sending those big squishy hugs back at you. Hope you have figured out your new computer. We just recently replaced our family computer, and my husband got a new computer. I love HIS, but the new family computer, I don't love so much. I hope you will be back showing us your beautiful vignettes. Joni
Good luck! We are lost without our technology aren't we?! Everytime I see the picture of your cottage, I smile! Christie at Three Pixie Lane
Please come back!
Please come back!
Checking in on you Donna ... have missed you. Let me know if all is ok.
TTFN ~
Hugs,
Marydon
where ARE you????
Donna, I hope you're figuring out your new computer so you can come back for a visit in Blogland. You'll want to check out the series I did -- with you in mind -- on caring for vintage linens: http://myplacetoyours.blogspot.com/p/how-to-vintage-linens.html I hope it encourages you to get some of your beauties back into circulation!
Hi Donna,
We miss you! I'm just stopping by to let you know that I am thinking of you and praying for you and your family. Hope all is well and you are safe in the midst of this terrible storm, Sandy. Do take care.
Blessings & hugs,
Sandi
A person essentially help to make seriously articles I might state. That is the very first time I frequented your web page and to this point? I surprised with the research you made to make this actual publish amazing. Fantastic job!
Media Coverage Organizer
Post a Comment