Am I alone in LOVING this scene!!! It's timeless and I, to this day want ALL those colors in my home "just the way she describes them"... Yellow the color of butter(That's priceless) ... How about that painter in a SUIT! Yea right, if that was now a day you wouldn't WANT that bill... I can NEVER get enough Cary Grant... I own everything he ever did and LOVE them all, and lets not even get into the "DECOR" of these movies... And everyone drinks out of fine porcelain teacups...NO PAPER CUPS allowed!!! The dream house in Connecticut that started this movie idea is JUST down the road from me, "Isn't that nice"!!!
Today I am linking this Wonderful Old Movie clip to "White Wednesday"... This would be the "Color of Mrs Blandings Kitchen", Not an antiseptic white BUT white...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)























29 comments:
One of my favorite movies, and I enjoyed seeing this scene again! It has me grinning from ear to ear. Thanks. laurie
Hi Donna!
Thanks for stopping by and introducing yourself. I have added myself to your followers and thought I'd just let you know my kitchen is "yellow the colour of butter" and it's so cheerful to walk into in the morning...all sunny and warm!
Warmest Hugs,
Sandi @ Bearly Sane
Hi Donna,
yellow is so sunny. My dinding room is yellow like the morning sunshine. I enjoyed the film very much.
Greetings, Johanna
I love this movie! And I love his books!
Ohhhhh the "decor" of those movies!
Well actually, I love the "decor" of all movies! I pay more attention to sets, than to plot! Even on tv. I'm a "Set Nut"! Is that a word? Well, it is now. :-)
Btw, all-things-Cottage call to me, on blogs as elsewhere. And I discovered your blog. And... I really dislike *lurkers* and so, I’m not remaining one. I’m making a Comment and letting you know that I’m enjoying reading here.
Thank you.
Gentle hugs…
One of my favorite movies, and scenes. My house {inside} is painted yellow - the color of the very best butter. I think I may have used those same words when trying to find the color I have chosen!! Thanks for posting this clip. I may have to get the movie out tonight and rewatch!
Oh, but the women had to wear dresses all day long, and stockings and shoes:) I don't think I could do it!
Charming episode!
Donna, the thing that always amazes me most about this scene is that she lets the man decide what those descriptions mean! I haven't met the painter yet that I would trust with that responsibility--but maybe he does exist! Linda
This is one of my all time favorite movies. I too, love that scene. I can never pick out paint colors without thinking about Muriel Blandings.:-)
I love, love, love that movie ! My neighbor dated Cary Grant - can you imagine ? That's one era I could definitely fit right into !!!
Thanks for the memory !
gena
www.thehouseonlavenderhill.blogspot.com
LOVE,LOVE, LOVE this movie!!!!! I adore Cary Grant in anything...he's great with Myrna Loy. How about "The Batchelor and the Bobbysoxer"??with Shirley Temple as a teen. I love picking colors too...but today's color names oftentimes give you no clue if you didn't actually see it.
Great post!
I have got to see this movie. I think I would love it.
This is a great movie -- and I always love the old ones to see the then & now decorating changes. Jane F.
Oh I am a Cary Grant lover too. He makes me swoon.
Cute, I'm painting Tea Light (Benjamin Moore) in my living room! It's the prettiet gray green we saw in a lovely tea shop! I guess I'd get "green" with that painter!! ♥♫
Looove that, what fun, especially since my significant other is a house painter! I'll have to show him this! Thanks for sharing! Debbie @ Cottage Hann~Me~Downs
How funny that was! I needed a good chuckle just at this moment! Thanx for sharing!
That was hysterical...I must rent that and watch it! :)
I've LINKED to WHITE WEDNESDAY@
http://fadedcharmcottage.blogspot.com/2010/08/white-wednesday-61.html
Please come and see all the beautiful ladies and their posts.
Hugs, Donna
I love that movie! On our first Valentines day my husband bought me a box set of Cary Grant movies and this was included. I've seen it probably 30 times and never, ever get tired of it! Have you ever seen George Washington Slept Here? It's very similar...minus the wonderful Cary Grant of course.
When she wanted him to match the thread... priceless! Myrna Loy was such a doll.
Happy White Wednesday :-)
Every time I have a friend who builds a house, I give them a copy of this movie about mid way through the process.....before they've lost their minds.. hehe
Suzan
One of my favorite movies ~ and yes I love that scene too!!
Love,
Susan and Bentley
xxoo
What a great idea for WW! How fun was that!
I have to see this movie...That was Hilarious!!
Sweet Blessings,
Virginia
Priceless. I love Cary Grant too!!! ~~Sherry~~
GOD I love that movie ~ Netflix here I come ~ thanks
Wonderful movie. I need to get that on my que. You are full of fun, my friend. I can't believe I'm so late discovering your fabulous site. ~ Sarah
Post a Comment