If you look REAL carefully at this stein you can see the "witch talking to Hansel & Gretel"(Oh My, No little children, Don't eat her house, RUN Back into the woods)... The carved board on the left is a "German stollen board"(Yummy, one of my very favorite Christmas treats AND the one I LOVE,LOVE,LOVE is the one filled with marzipan)... These carved boards are SO Unique they are definitely one of a kinds, "I LOVE them and have several"... The little carved boy is one of a set of three, the girls are around there somewhere ... They are visiting from Italy(they are ANRI), and he wore his German Lederhosen for the occasion... "Tomorrow we are grilling a "bratwurst feast" and I'm making homemade spaetzle..."Yummy"... Hmmm, I think I'll use my new GW bowls!!!
I'm linking to
http://happytodesign.blogspot.com/2010/12/welcome-to-82nd-sunday-favorites-sunday.html
|
23 comments:
Donna, another beautiful post. You have such interesting collections and all with a special story or significance. How wonderful! Love the wooden chargers and the entire feel of this vignette.
beautiful. I am so homesick now.. I wish I had more of the things that my grandmother used on a daily basis. Wow. You certainly have some wonderful treasures.. Zum Wohl!!
Happy Oktoberfest to you!!!! We celebrate a bit later! Lovely pieces from Germany.
Happy Oktoberfest Donna! Your heirlooms are beautiful, that loaf of bread is looking pretty good to:@)
Gorgeous post, Donna!
I'm LINKING today to "SEASONAL SUNDAY"! It's the First Fall setup SO come take a PEEK at all the excitment over at the "TABLESCAPER"...
http://thetablescaper.blogspot.com/2010/09/seasonal-sundays-15-back-to-school.html
My husband the woodworker, would love to chat with your very accomplished husband!
I love that your trees are the same, as grow in the Black Forest.
Both I and my husband are of German descent. Both ancestors came to America, alone, as boys... Sent by family, so they would escape the then military.
But since I never knew my paternal grandparents, I don't have treasures, etc. About the most I remember is that my mother learned to make Sourbratten, the old way. :-)
Happy Oktoberfest!
Thank you for sharing Oktoberfest! YOu have set a rich and authentically German table. So exquisite! I love the antique wood plates sitting on the antique lace placemats. What a great and textural combination. You must treasure them!
Having things that link us to our past is a delight... and so wonderful of you to share them with us.
Yvonne
Delightful!...Transformed into a beautiful cottage in the woods!...I love your front door...What an amazing ...truly amazing gift of love form your hubby!
You're front door is amazing!!!! Our front door is made to look like a tavern door, all wood, black iron bindings and accents... a door can make a house! And those dishes from Portugal, I love the funkiness of them. I just bought several plates and platters from Portugal in this gorgeous green and I can't wait to use them! Lovely post!
Happy Sunday to you!
Tracy
www.goodgirlgoneaverage.blogspot.com
Dear Donna,
oh my God, you have an amazing collection of beautiful German things. Really good quality and good styled decorations. Thank you so much for sharing your pretty Oktoberfest, I enjoyed it so much.
Greetings, Johanna
Wow. Very Unique Tablescaping. Thanks so much for sharing your talent and your wonderful Plates and placemats. I loved being able to see all your wonderful items.
How beautiful! I don't have any of those lovely pieces, a few steins, but I do know how to make stollen! Not bad for a Connolly!
i am so impressed you tell your dh what you want and in a week he makes it! Mine can, I tell, but make it a year for delivery! :) Oh well, he is a good rugelach maker!
First, the front door is out of some fairy world. Your collection is amazing. Last, where do you store all of your collection? Just curious. hugs♥olive
What a wonderful post - so full of such wonderous memories. Your home embodies your husband's childhood. The leaf chargers are spectacular! I wish I could stop by for some spaetzle!
I'd appreciate it if you'd amend your post to reference and link Seasonal Sundays. That way visitors can easily visit all of the participants.
- The Tablescaper
x
I'm speechless and seriously for me that is something...I looove your house, it is all that I have ever dreamed of, as far as what I believe a cottage to be!!! You are so lucky! I'll have to read back into your blog, I'm thinking if your talented hubby drew and made you that door, he must have built your cottage too...OMGoodness, I'm in Cottage heaven! All your Fall decorations are fabulous and so go with your sweet cottage!!! xo Debbie @ Cottage Hann~Me~Downs
OMG!!! I seriously LOVE LOVE LOVE your house!!! That entry way is amazing. and your steins and wood chargers... I just love it all!!
My husband wants a cuckoo clock for Christmas... so maybe I should ask you... where is the best place to find one?? ( no, I am not traveling to Germany between now and dec.)
I'm LINKING TODAY with SUNDAY FAVORITES!!!@
http://happytodesign.blogspot.com/2009/04/sunday-favorites_19.html
Please come and visit all those Favorites from the past... I'm basically new to blogging so MINE isn't too old and I thought it would be appropriate for OCTOBER!!!
My mother in law makes the most delicious stollen. The wooden pieces are not very common here are they. Interesting pieces.
Hi Donna...
Ohhh my..or should I say "ach mein!" Hehe! My friend, this is such a delightful post! I'm just elated that you are sharing it with us for Sunday Favorites! Your Oktoberfest table is awesome! You have a fabulous collection of steins...I loved seeing them! Ohhh...and all of your sweet little boys and bears...I love them! Donna, the Wurzburg wooden charger plates are so unique and very beautiful!!! Ohhh...I'm green with envy...I'd love to have a set of these! You know, I have been to Wurzburg. About 5 yrs. ago, my honey and I drove through Bavaria! It was one of the most beautiful and scenic drives that I have ever taken! The countryside is gorgeous and I just adore all the old German towns!!! Anyway, your beautiful post sure brought back many fond memories to me! Fabulous table, my friend!!!
Ohhh...and I loved getting a peek at your secret garden and your clock face door! Girlfriend, that is simply spectacular! Your honey is a very talented man...and so sweet to have built that beautiful door for you! I just adore your beautiful cottage/home!!! Thank you so much for sharing it with us today for Sunday Favorites...as well as that beautiful Oktoberfest table!!!
Warmest autumn wishes,
Chari @Happy To Design
What a fun post filled with Autumn goodness! love all the warmth of everything in these picturs.
Hi Donna...
My friend, I loved this post!!! I am so happy that you shared it with our Sunday Favorites party this week...what a treat!!!
Warmest wishes,
Chari @Happy To Design
Post a Comment