CONGHAILE COTTAGE

CONGHAILE COTTAGE
"The love of gardening is a seed that once sown never dies" ...Gertrude Jekyll...

Translator

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

"Practical Magic"

I am going to DEDICATE this post to "My Brother Joey"... His birthday is "Halloween"(How fun that was when we were growing up), he is STILL so very weak and fighting pneumonia. We are waiting for him to get stronger so they can fix his "very special sweet heart"... I decided to post this Practical Magic for him... All his life he's been intrigued with magic and has always been there entertaining us all... "He always had that Magic look in his eye"... So this one is for you Joey... We are all deep in prayers to bring you through, and I long to see the "twinkle in his eyes while he's preforming his favorite magic tricks once again"... and once again I want to Thank ALL my special friends here that are such wonderful support to me... Love&Hugs to you all!
"Practical Magic" ...the finished house...
This is MY personal "Book of Spells"... As fall approaches it's time to elevate a "Season of Magic"...
"We can't have magic without the help of Mr. Toad"... and a FINE specimen he is!!! "I can assure you that as I talked him into the experiments he was only my consultant and DID NOT suffer any bodily harm"...
"Charlotte was also a Practical Help at knowing each and every trick of Spinning some Magnificent Webs", and not one was deceitful...
Mr Wizard is deep in thought and study as he tries to figure out "How to regain his Height"... It's been years since he shrunk himself to the size of a salt shaker, BUT in those days he would blink himself back at will...
"Ah, where do I start"...
"A few of these can't hurt"...
"I'll get back to these later"...
Madame Magick
No time for love potions now...
This After-Bath Potion is fantastic, too bad I LOVE showers... although it sounds like it would be a hit over ice also...
"This looks like a good one"... "Now to assemble the ingredients"...
This Royal Dalton Wizard followed me home "Many Full Moons Ago"... "Hey Big Foot, would you go find me an Eye of Newt"...
I'd like you to meet "Big Foot", he's a bronze creation of Tim Cotterill, who is known as Frogman... If you've never seen his incredible bronze frogs, You MUST... Look him up and treat yourself to his whimsy... I bought this owl when he first introduced him in 1998 and he's been our library mascot ever since...
"Big Foot" by Tim Cotterill...Made of bronze...
Antique European Lace Runner... This is a very impressive piece of hand made intricate lace... It is a very large piece ... "I am LINKING to the PRACTICAL MAGIC BLOG PARTY"...This will be SUCH fun to check out, so grab your broomstick and fly on over to see!!!Practical Magic Blog Party

80 comments:

Sarah said...

Donna, this is a magical post! You are so clever and talented. I always enjoy my visits to your cottage. Glad you feel like posting again. Hope Joey is improving each day. ~ Sarah

Gloria said...

I don't understand... Does this mean that Joey is out of the woods, off the ventilator, etc. Can you update us on your brother? I have been praying...
Thank you,
Gloria

Donna@Conghaile Cottage said...

Joey is stable but STILL on the ventilator and has pneumonia... We are taking one day at a time...thank you so much ladies for your support...Hugs, Donna

Anonymous said...

Hi Donna, Yes! Glad to see you are posting, too. This was wonderful, and I love that house!

Still keeping Joey in my prayers. Take good care. ~Karen


"The LORD your God is with you, He is might to save. He will take great delight in you, He will quiet you with His love, He will rejoice over you with singing." Zephaniah 3:17

Anita Diaz said...

You are all still in our prayers:-) I know how special a brother is!

Johanna Gehrlein said...

Dear Donna,
nice post with lots of whimsical things, just right for Haloween. I wish you from the bottom of my heart, that your brother will recover soon. But no frog, no spider and no magic book knows the recipe to give him back the health he need. Only God can do that and the ways he is working, bears a lot of real magic.
Wish you all the best.
Greetings, Johanna

Auntie sezzzzzz... said...

Your Dear Brother was born on Halloween! Our first daughter was born on the day before Halloween. Best wishes for his recovery, so they can fix his heart!

Wonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnderful Practical Magic Entry! You have sooooooooooo many fantastic things, to use in such a fun posting! Lucky you. That Book of Spells and Herbs and etc... Glorious!

And your bronze Owl "Big Foot"! What a prize!

Happy Mabon, Autumn Equinox, and Full Harvest Moon!

Olive said...

Delightful, that owl is creepy with those eyes and that foot. But in a good way! Still praying for Joey....hugs♥olive

Susan Freeman said...

The house from Practical Magic was indeed magical. I'm sending prayers your way for Joey's full recovery.

Love,
Susan and Bentley
xxoo

Betty said...

I am so sorry to hear about your brother. I hope he gets better soon.

I love all your pics on Practical Magic. It is one of my favorite movies.

Willow

The Blackwood Cottage said...

What a fabulous post! Such wonderful shots...I'm in the mood for the season! I hope your brother is feeling his best real soon! Hugs from St. Louis.
Machelle

bj said...

Oh, I do so hope Joey gets so much better soon. I pray for a complete recovery. Bless his heart..

I didn't see this movie so I have no idea what is going on here..:))
xoxo bj

Kathleen said...

I am not much on magic, but I am big on prayer. I am praying for Joey!
The other Connolly

Sue said...

Oh my goodness...cool things. Although a book of spells might freak me out a bit. My birthday is 2 days before Halloween, so it was always really fun at our house too!

Lori Lynn said...

OMG! Your BOS is 2 die 4!!! LOVE it!

Anonymous said...

Donna, I'll be praying for Joey too. I love your blog, forgot to "follow" it, but I'm your newest follower now! Glad to reconnect!

Bloomin'Chick Jo said...

A fabulous party post and I hope your brother heals more each day.

Anonymous said...

the party has started, what a perfect post, love your photos. your book of spells is precious, perfect scene setting.

Witchkrafting with Kat said...

Wonderful post, you are the 1st one I have visited :-). Send you lots of ((((HUGS))) for your brother.

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Donna, this is such a cute post. I love all of your fun decorative items. You have the best imagination. Love it. I also have your precious brother in prayer. I hope he gets better soon. Hugs, Marty

Anonymous said...

Sending hugs and prayers for your brother. May he improve every hour.

What a fantastic post to start off the Practical Magic party hop. Someday I will get my personal spells book gathered together. (Maybe by next year?) Very beautifully done.

Pauline said...

I love your post for the party! Wonderful pictures. Your brother is in my prayers for a speedy recovery!
hugs and blessings,
Pauline

Pauline said...

I love your party post... wonderful pictures! Your brother is in my prayers for a strong and speedy recovery...
hugs and blessings,
Pauline

Marlis said...

Of course lots of prayers on Joey's behalf and for you and the family too. I love the magic you've woven so intricately. Your english netting runner is a splendid specimen.

Andréann said...

What a beautiful book you possess.

Sinderella's Studio said...

Wow - what a wonderful post! Special thoughts and healing for your brother. I have a brother with a late October b-day, my mom always made him a halloween themed b-day cake! Great memories, thanks for triggering them!
dana

Unknown said...

Donna, what a gorgeous post! Oh how I'd love to 'snoop' around in your library! LOL! I love the owl . . . I've been drawn to them lately and am wondering if perhaps I have one as a totem animal . . . hmmm . . .

My thoughts and prayers go out to your brother, Joey, and to you and your family. May the God and Goddess bring him through this and make him well enough to have the surgery.

Blessed Be!
Tereza
http://mygoddess-self.blogspot.com

Dark Squirrel Victoria said...

What a beautiful post. Healing thoughts to your brother.

Victoria ♥

Petunia said...

Donna, what an enchanting post! I love all your magical wares. Mr Wizard is quite charming I must say, and your Bigfoot is amazing. Your book of spells is absolutely drool worthy! I'm sending hugs and wishes for your brother's speedy and full recovery. I'm very close to my only brother as well. You are both in my prayers. Thank you for sharing all your beautiful things and for joining our party.

♥Anna

Anonymous said...

Very Nice! Love your book :)

Shayleah said...

I hope your brother Joey gets well soon! Sending healing vibes his way!~~~~~

I loved snooping at your magickal things, in particular that gorgeous Spell Book. How did you have it printed and bound? It is truly a treasure!

Blessed be!

Lenora said...

Blessings to you all! Great photos! - Thanx for sharing.

For More Practical Magic stop by at
Practical Magic - How To Make A Magic Wand
http://lenorita-lenoramoore.blogspot.com/2010/09/practical-magic-blogparty-2010.html

Susan Says (Stupid Stuff) said...

What a wonderful post! All you ladies have put me to shame, but I am immensely enjoying the blog party. I hope Joey soon has that magical twinkle back in his eyes, and is performing magic trcks for you all again :)

Samantha Marshall said...

Hi Donna,
I love all your pics-just beautiful and your book of spells is divine.
x

Papillon Bleu said...

This is a lovely pst. I love the photos very much. My own spells are all in my head not ina book. They are too heavy to carry! he!he!
Happy blog party to you
;-)

Sandra Van Winkle said...

Beautiful! Sending healing white light to your brother. Thanks for sharing with us. I didn't have time to participate in this party - maybe next year! Blessed Be!

Sarah Sullivan said...

Oh oh oh that was delightful..thank you for letting us join in the fun!! Please pop on by my party and giveaway too!!
Blessings, Sarah

Kelli Green aka Cajunstampingqueen said...

I totally love your Book! it is awesome!

I do hope your brother gets better soon.

Blessed Be
Kelli

more magic here...
http://cajunstampingqueen.blogspot.com/2010/09/practical-magic-blog-party-2010.html

Auntie sezzzzzz... said...

Thank you for your 'Practical Magic Party' post! I am so disappointed in those blogs, which signed up, and failed to participate. -pout-

Gentle hugs,
"Sweet Aunt Bridget" for the day

Diana Cohen said...

All I can say is, WOW, absolutely beautiful! Thank you!

Birgit said...

Healing thoughts for your brother!

Thanks for sharing all those beautiful photos -- love them! :)

-- Birgit

My Practical Magic post

jaz@octoberfarm said...

hi...i hope your brother is feeling well soon! could you let me know where you found your spell book?

blue china studio happy said...

Wow! You really captured the essence of Practical Magic. Love it!

Jill Marcott-McCall ~Feathers & Flight~ said...

What A Lovely Post! Your Photos are Delightful!
Thank You for Sharing and Blessings to your Brother.
Hugs
Jill

Theresa MacNaughton said...

Donna, what a magical Practical Magic Party post. I was thoroughly enchanted with every word and image. Many well wishes to your brother for a speedy recovery.

Please feel free to fly over my way:

http://faeriemooncreations.blogspot.com/2010/09/because-theres-little-witch-in-every.html

Sincerely, Theresa

Scrap Vamp said...

Amazing post! love the photos! Sending my best wishes of health and happiness to you and your brother, Joey.

Faerie Sage said...

Thats great you pics are amazing, and it is wonderful that you are dedicating this to your brother. Blessed be and strength to your brother


My link is not up yet but feel free to visit me at faeriesagekitchen.blogspot.com

Lisa said...

Wonderful!!!

Enelinwen said...

Yours is my first stop in the Practical Magic blog party! What a wonderful realm you have created here :)

Bright Blessings!

Shiresun

The Ice Princess said...

Great post! :)

Marfi-topia said...

I love all your beautiful pictures...and the book!!!!!!!!!!!
Sending stars and wishes of better health to your brother!!!

Linda said...

I am having so much fun at your party. The visuals are outstanding. I just love your spell book. thank you for sharing and all the best thoughts for your family. Please visit me:
momentsinaneye.blosspot.com

You can call me Tawny.... said...

beautiful photos!!

thank you for sharing!

♥ Tawny

Pan said...

Such wonderful things! the spellbook is fabulous. What a great time you magic bloggers have!

I add my best wishes for your brother Joey.

Terri said...

I love your post! Very magical and very beautiful.
That house really is amazing. I would love to live in it, garden around it, and dance on the rooftop.
Hugs,
Terri

Kelly said...

I hope your brother is feeling better soon! What a great post, I am in love with that owl!

Have a magical day, Kelly
www.blondheart.blogspot.com

Deann LMFT said...

I also hope your brother gets better soon. I will have to check out that artist. very cool owl. Beautiful book

Jill Marcott-McCall ~Feathers & Flight~ said...

Hi Donna
I am Happy to become a Follower!
Have a Wonderful Weekend!
Hugs
Jill

Pellie / Penny said...

Great post with wonderful pictures.

What an awesome spell book.

Hope you brother start feeling better soon.

Brightest Blessings,
Penny

Wendy said...

Thoughts and prayers I am sending to you and your brother. I hope he is well soon.
What a great post, and dedication to him.
Magical. The book is absolutely gorgeous and your table setting is beautiful. Loved it all.
Spells and Wishes,
Wendy from wonderland

http://candydelane.typepad.com/curiosities/2010/09/practical-magic-party-2010.html

Aimee Jeffries said...

Such a beautiful book, can't stop looking at the pics there's so much to discover in them!

Unknown said...

Flew over from "One Day At A Time" Sending loving healthful thoughts to your brother. Your post is beautiful. I love that you shared some of your special place with all of us. Blessed be. Your can check my blog out at http://onreeones.blogspot.com/2010/09/practical-magic.html

Anonymous said...

Sending healing love to your brother.
I love your party post... great photos.

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful post and you've got such a beautiful spellbook. Is it one book or are there more ??
I do hope your brother will be well. I will be thinking of you and yours !!!!!

JoAnne said...

Wonderful PM post! Thoroughly enjoyed my visit here. Hope you'll stop by for a visit and enter my Halloween giveaway.
Loving prayers and healing thoughts to your brother.

D. Jean Quarles said...

What a wonderful post! Love your themed goodies. So very cute. I'm keeping your brother in my thoughts.

Dandelion Dreams said...

Both your cottage and your book are exquisite. The later is so beautifully decorated. I'm sure the former is as well. :) Thank you for sharing such a wonderful post. I will add my voice to the healing chant upon the wind for your brother. May his recovery be swift and full. Brightest blessings.

Faith, trust, and faerie dust!

http://fortheloveofcreativity.blogspot.com

Designs by Blanche said...

I adore your blog, and this post is no different! That OWL is ama-zing!

Thanks for sharing the little bit of witch in you!

-Blanche

Sue Murphy said...

Hi I have come over for a visit. Glad to find you. Prayers go out to your family. Sue

Anonymous said...

Thank you for this special magical post and prayers and hugs for Joey to get well real soon.

Michelle Frae Cummings said...

What a wonderful post! Love all your wicked delights! I hope you'll come "fly" over to my blog and see what I have been brewing!
~Michelle
http://faeriedustdreams-michelle.blogspot.com/

Susan said...

Delightfully MAGICAL post!! Thanks for sharing it with us.

positive, healing vibes and prayers going out for your brother! My Husband had 2 MIA's and a double bypass, and has many complications of his diabetes now showing up after being DXed over 25 years ago. Your brother will remain on my blessings and prayer list!
I am now a follower.
peace n love,
Susan

Unknown said...

Hello! I've just now visited and I must say I love your post--you have so many wonderful, magical things including your BoS. But mostly, I am wishing your brother a speedy recovery!

Many Blessings!

carolochs said...

Firstly...best wishes to yrou brother...hoep he gets well soon!

And secondly, thanks for your wonderful contribution to the blog party! LOVE your flair for the magical!

~Carol <l:)

Annabelle said...

Sending healng prayers for your brother Joey;hope he feels better soon.
I enjoyed your PM post very much especially with all of your lovely things captured on film....magical!
Annabelle * *
* * ~^..^~ * *

Anonymous said...

Fantastic party post. I LOVE Big Foot!! Brightest Blessings!

Unknown said...

Wonderful and creative post!! Your brother is in my prayers! Thanks for visiting, hope you will come nack soon. Sandy

Michele Seraphim said...

May the Goddess fill you with her light Joey and heal your illness and may she guide you to your new heart.

A lovely post! Thank you for sharing.

Elizabeth said...

The spell book is breathtaking. Only good will come to you and your family with the outpouring of prayers and support you've received. Godspeed
Joey!

Zoe said...

such a lovely post i enjoyed it, if you would like to check it out i also have a post for the party :)
http://blessedbeeapothecary.blogspot.com/2010/09/theres-little-witch-in-every-woman.html