"I had to do some grocery shopping today and decided to stop into HOME GOODS... I bought the most gorgeous mustard yellow quilted round placemats... I have been wanting something in yellow for all my Blue&White dishes. I've been thinking of a Fresh French look and seeing as ALL my Blue&White are patterned I really wanted something solid AND in a muted yellow color(or as Mrs Blanding would say, the color of your best butter)... OK mine is more your best mustard BUT it's a nice neutral...The set of placemats seemed perfect and I then decided I would go to the dishware section and see how WELL it went with their Blue&White Dishes! "WELL" do you know what I discovered??? In the rows and rows and endless vignettes they had set up there was "NOT ONE", not even a left over cup or saucer in their clearance..."NO BLUE&WHITE"!!! What IS the world coming to??? OK, this has JUST gave me one more reason to hit the "Antique shops, thrift shops, tag sales, ebay, &Beyond"... Is there a shortage of Blue&White paint? Is it that the RETRO aqua's have taken the stage? Hmmm, I should have seen it coming when the Rich Hunter Greens were fizzling out to the avocados once more... OK, trends come and go BUT I'm not giving up my Blue&Whites, they will not be stacked at a tag sale or given to Good Will ladies and gentleman SO don't even go there...
I bought a set of 4 of my New light mustard quilted round placemats AND do you know what I discovered??? They not only look "wonderful" with my Blue&White, they go with EVERY SINGLE dish set I have... Yellow is an incredible color that is as warm and calming as a neutral wooden table(yes, I'm a wooden tableaholic)... I guess I'll have to sneak back to HG and get another set or two...
Has anyone else noticed the decline of Blue&White in the NEW decor(not ours of course!)???
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)























13 comments:
I don't follow trends so I've not noticed that blue and white has been disappearing. Of course, it will never disappear out of antique stores and thrift shops!
I won't be giving up my blue and white either!
Mmmmmm... -shuffling feet, nervously- Mmmm... I haven't notice any lack of Blue & White, because I'm not into Blue.
There!
I said it!
,-)
Now I'm running, ducking and hiding....
:-)
Hi Donna! No, I haven't noticed as I have not been shopping... sorry. AND I don't have any blue and white to speak of! sniff, sniff... pass the tissues!
I agree, yellow (and most shades and hues of it) is a wonderful color. Can't wait to see a vignette or two with your new placemats! Have a wonderful day. ~Karen
I love blue and white and I don't have any! I think things go in cycles. Maybe blue and white is so popular they were sold out! I do love HomeGoods. It is one of my highlights when we go to Florida.
I am another one who loves blue and white. Funny though, I use it as an accent and never a primary color in decorating.
Hmm...maybe that's why I hadn't noticed it was becoming more scarce??
I think a pale yellow is in fact a neutral. I painted the inside od our vacation house the color of real butter and all of our found objects look wonderful with it just like your dished with the placemats. hugs♥olive
Oh how perfect blue and yellow are. I love my few pieces of blue and white, however I am finding it so hard to work into my home. I need help. Maybe what I need is just a little more yellow to tie it all together. Hugs, Marty
I also love blue. It goes with just about everything and there ar so many shades to choose from.
Just spent a day shopping at the Round Top Antique Shows and believe me there was plenty of blue and white to be found ~ miles and miles. ;-)
I totally agree, I'm not giving up my blue and whites. I'd love to see a table set with the new yellow mats.
Hope your week is full of delights. ~ Sarah
Hi! I apologize for taking so long to reply to your sweet comment on my tablescape (been on the go all day!)
Your placemats sound pretty with much potential for nice creations!
You asked about my butterscotch yellow plates - I found them this past year at TJ Maxx, and a few at Marshall's. I was at TJ Maxx today and they had some! The salad plates were even on sale. I hope you can find some.
Special blessings to your brother! My sister is battling lung cancer.
Katherine
Hello! I am happy for you that you found such nice platemats and, no, blue & white never goes out of style! So enjoy your set and flaunt it. :)
And show us some pics!
Best regards,
Gloria
Don't ya just love Home Goods? It's dangerous for me. Lovely table setting. Just georgous.
Post a Comment