| "Our guest today is Monica Dickens"... Yes that last name is to bring Excitement to us all, because she IS the Grand Daughter of "Charles Dickens"... I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw this novel at a book fair. This is a "first edition 1947" that EVEN has it's original dust cover... I must admit I don't remember what other treasures I bought that day, and there were MANY... She sat on top of my pile and remained the center of attention for MONTHS till I had the time to settle down for her company... Her imagination is different than that of her Grandfathers, BUT I truly enjoyed my visit into her world... I have invited her today so you could meet her... |
| "I feel as though it should be only appropriate to serve with English Blue and White Mason Pottery"...That little antique intricately cut silver dish was made local here in Connecticut and it's actually a "beautiful heart", BUT the design tips backward SO I find it better to display like shown in the picture... The little Bonbon spoon is ALSO a local made antique and one of my VERY Favorites... I think that Silver, Blue&White is Perfect together... It always adds a quiet elegance to a setting... |
| "It's 4O'Clock and time to pour tea"... |
| Even though I love different teas I seem to always be drawn back to one of my favorites, "Vanilla Almond"... The aroma alone sends me on an incredible journey... "See my tiny little German Rose Spoon peeking out at you"? What's NOT to Love about the intricacy of that little gem... |
| These teacups hold a generous amount of our favorite tea, coffee, or even hot chocolate... It holds as much as a mug, yet gives us the elegance we crave... The pewter plate under my teapot has an incredible story "All It's Own"... I'll have to dedicate a "Whole Post to "Just my Pewter"!!! |
| "Here are those Golden Quilted Placemats I bought at Home Goods a few weeks ago"... I promised I'd show them off under my Blue&White and HERE it is... Isn't it Perfect? Ms Dickens just LOVED it!!! I'm linking with Debra for "Vintage Inspiration Friday"... Come have a peek at all the fun @ http://commonground-debrasvintagedesigns.blogspot.com/2010/10/vintage-inspiration-friday-7.html "I'm also LINKING to My Romantic Home" for Show and Tell Friday"... LOVE IT and you will too, come over and see what everyone has displayed this week... http://romantichome.blogspot.com/2010/10/show-and-tell-friday_14.html "I'm sharing my Fabulous Found Ms Dickens Novel today" with a FUN new Fabulous Found Friday, and PLEASE stop by and see how FABULOUS Fridays can be!!! http://froufroudecor.blogspot.com/2010/10/fabulous-friday-finds-party-time_14.html "I'm LINKING today to Smiling Sally's BLUE MONDAY"!!! Come on over and SEE ALL THE Shades of Blue... SO much fun! AND Sally has an "ALLIGATOR" waiting for you@ http://smilingsally.blogspot.com/2010/10/blue-monday-alligator.html "I'm LINKING today with Marty over at Table Top Tuesday"... She has LOTS of fall goodies to share with us and there is SO many wonderful tabletops to explore. Grab a coffee or tea and come join in the fun@ http://astrollthrulife.blogspot.com/2010/10/35th-table-top-tuesday.html |
























56 comments:
This is my first visit to your blog, and it's lovely. I especially enjoy a nice cup of tea! Your table setting is beautiful and I may be on the lookout for that book! If you'd like to "visit" me in Maine or Massachusetts I love company and new Followers are always so exciting. Thank you, I enjoyed my visit today!
Hi: I cannot believe how beautiful you have made your table look. It is amazing. I love it all. Thank you for showing us such wonderful treasures today. Blessings, Martha
Dear Donna,
I am sure the book is a nice one. But I enjoyed your tea table also very much. You have a special eye to set your tables with lots of charming details. I love the cute little girl who brushes the hair of the lion. And also the little porcelain clock. And your silver catched my eyes at the first moment. So lovely.
Wish you all the best.
Greetings, Johanna
There is nothing better than a cup of tea from blue and white!!! I've not heard of Monica Dickens but that book just looks like a treasure!
Good morning Donna,
Lovely post here today!! I love your transferware, little figurine and silver. The tea sounds intriguing.....I'll look for some and give it a try. I love almonds!!
I did not know about Ms. Dickens' existance until reading your blog. I shall have to look for her works at the library. I especially love the cover art of the book.......the big brick Victorian is gorgeous!!!
Take care. Say "Hi" to Joey. You are both still in my prayers. Warm hugs, Laura
Donna, how special to have tea with a Dickens! As always your setting and story line are both delightful. The blue and white looks stunning with the yellow textiles. And what a great find with the first edition. Your library must be a wonderful place in which to spend time. I could easily get lost among your collection.
Enjoy your beautiful fall days. ~ Sarah
Your teaset looks lovely and so does everything else. I love drinking tea, but have never tried the Vanilla Almond. Will have to put that on my next store list.
Willow
Again, everything is gorgeous and perfect. I always look forward to your vignettes. They are just stunning. Thanks for the inspiration again. Hugs, Marty
Just gorgeous Donna. The book is a treasure! ♥O
All the pictures are eye candy. Lovely!
Really beautiful. I love the whole look.
It looks lovely, Donna. You have such beautiful pieces!
"I'm LINKING today to SILVER SUNDAY"... it's a once a month event that is a TREASURE to explore... Come see what everyone has to show you...@
http://thegypsyfish.blogspot.com/2010/10/october-silver-sunday.html#comment-form
Vanilla Almond! How delicious. *hugs*
Oh my Gosh ~ how inviting. Im taking a break to put on the kettle for some Barry's now. Happy SS!
Hi Donna
You always set the most amazing tables! I love your china, and the book is quite a find! The placemats are the perfect addition. Don't you just love Home Goods?!
Dearest Donna,
Just happen to land here from one of your comments at Johanna's blog.
So, here I am, following you!
How is your brother doing? Is he waiting to have heart surgery...? My beloved husband just had (unexpectedly) a quadruple bypass surgery and an angioplasty stent placed in his neck on September 3rd. His main artery was 90% blocked, with 7 more blockages. One never knows what's around the bend and we must be grateful for each day we can live in harmony.
Enjoying such pretty tableware as you showed here makes life into a little paradise!
Sunny greetings from Georgia,
MariettesBacktoBasics
Hi Donna, I'm back to see more pictures of your lovely cottage. I was so surprised to see this lovely post. What treasure this new book is. I too love the picture of the house on the cover. Your china is stunning. So much to see here.
Oh I must mention that I have an old parlor stove very simular to the one on your sidebar. It's waiting for me to get it renewed so that I can move it into my house. Should look great with my Victorian decor.
Thanks for stopping by~ ~Ahrisha~ ~
Donna, Thank you so much for having us to tea! The set was delightful with all the charming accoutrements!
have a wonderful Sunday!
-Blanche
Hi Donna! What a cozy table for tea! I didn't know Dickens had a granddaughter who was an author! and you found a first edition...fabulous! Hope you are having a great weekend!...hugs...Debbie
Beautiful place setting, Donna! Blue and silver BELONG together!
Happy Silver Sunday!
Lori
I wish I could come over for tea...your table setting is just lovely..thanks for playing along see you next month1
hugs
Beth
How wonderful, Donna! I hadn't been aware of Monica Dickens before--what a beautiful find! I'll have to keep my eyes open!
Love your beautiful blue & white dishes--perfect! And your pewter--just lovely!
Hope the rest of your Sunday is calm & restful...thanks for all you share...
Julie
What a gorgeous table setting! Perfect for a crisp fall day to read a wonderful book and drink some tea. What a great find! Theresa
"I'm LINKED to BLUE MONDAY" come take a peek at all the fun @
http://smilingsally.blogspot.com/2010/10/blue-monday-blue-water-dispenser.html
You have a beautiful collection.
Have a great Monday!
My Blue Monday.
Gorgeous table setting, I can almost smell the hot tea, beautiful!
Happy Blue Monday.
What a lovely post. I enjoyed visiting you and I was so lucky that it was tea time. Thank you it was delicious.
What a lovely tea setting, Donna! I love the ethereal effect of your photos & all the special accessories you've used make it all the more unique. That ♥ shaped cut silver dish is TDF!!! What a treasure...lucky dog!
Sweet perfection. Your tablesetting looks so inviting and one of my favorite teas.
Blessings, pam
Beautiful sweetie ~ just beautiful!!! I love your style!
Hi Donna,
Thank you for your warm wishes during my down time. It's good to be back and in the mood for blog hopping again.
I must say I could loose myself in your blog completely and although all your posts are beautiful, Practical Magic was absolutely thrilling, and those beautiful books...WOW!
Warmest Hugs,
Sandi @ Ess D'Ess Bears
Your blue and white tablescape is beautiful. I love your china, especially the lovely teapot and teacup. The gold quilted placemats compliment it perfectly. The clock, figurine and silver is very pretty also.
I'll have to look up that book - I didn't know about Monica Dickens. What a wonderful find from the book fair.
Your blue and white table..so pretty. On my monitor, the dishes almost look brown and white.
Must be a very dark blue?
Your table is so interesting, with all the pretties placed there..and the book. Oh, the book must be a delight to read. Be sure to tell us about it when you finish it.:)
It looks lovely!
Sweet perfection.
Hi Donna -- what a beautiful AND fun post. Gorgeous tea table -- and you have convinced me to buy some Vanilla Almond tea. Mmmm...
I would love to join you at tea with Miss Dickens -- I wonder if she ever met her famous grand dad?
And what a beautiful dust jacket on that book!
Cass
I'm LINKING to "Debra over at COMMON GROUND" for VINTAGE FRIDAY!!! IT'S SO MUCH FUN and do come peek at all the WONDERFUL Vintage Flare OVER there!!! You'll LOVE,LOVE,LOVE it!!!
http://commonground-debrasvintagedesigns.blogspot.com/2010/10/vintage-inspiration-friday-7.html
Hi Donna, what a wonderful table setting! It's just beautiful. I love a wonderful pot of tea, I'll have to try the vanilla almond, it sounds heavenly! And I'm so interested in the book, I'm going to research Ms. Dickens. Thanks so much for joining in with VIF.
xo,
Debra
Very pretty table setting Donna! I'll bet that vanilla almond tea smells just heavenly :)
Hi Donna!! I am SOOO glad we found each others blogs!! You have such beautiful pictures and I'm looking forward to looking at your pasts posts :) Thank you so much for being a part of Frou Frou Decor and I hope your weekend is the best!!
Hugs,
~Terrell @ Frou Frou Decor~
Such a lovely post. Your tea looks devine :)
Blessings!
Gail
P.S. Pop over and enter in for my SPECIAL giveaway!
Donna this is absolutely beautiful. Love the cover of that book - oh to live inside that little English cottage ... thank you for stopping by the blog and wishing me well - feeling much better today! :)
You always make me feel transported with your still lifes. Before I even saw your comment on Silver Sundays I was noticing the gorgeous silver bowl and server. I have started buying silver on line because of bloggers like you, although I have never seen anything this beautiful. It has been fun and made me appreciate my own sterling more.
Your transferware are so beautiful, Donna. And so is the figurine, is it a LLadro? How wonderful that you got a first edition book. I would have loved to have that cause it's hubby's birthyear. Thank you so much for your concern and prayers for my mom. I am so grateful that she made it through adnnd without breaking any bones at her fragile age....Christine
Beautiful dishes! Lovely tablescape!
XO,
Sheila :-)
Oh, and I almost forgot... Happy Blue Monday!
XO,
Sheila :-)
nice blog,and I love alm0nd milk tea the m0st!
weekend getaway @ kenting
The book is a treasure. The blue is so delicate. You table setting so inviting. What a lovely first visit I have had here.
its overwhelming.. classically beautiful...
Lovely setting of Blue tea table. Oh I would love to sit and read that book. The title is inviting.
My Blue Monday link for you
As much as I appreciate the transferware, I most love, love, love that precious figurine of the girl with her dog.
Happy Blue Monday, Donna!
How beautiful this is! Thank you so much for sharing your treasures with us. Each is lovely.
Happy Blue Monday,
~Lynn♥
Hi sweet lady...
Ohhh my goodness, has it been so long since I've been by for a visit? I don't know how I missed this lovely tea...better late than never! Girlfriend, I just adore your English blue and white china...and I do agree that it's perfect for Ms. Dickens lovely book! By the way, I will have to see about finding a copy...it looks very interesting!
I also just adore your little girl figurine, Donna...and that beautiful Delft dutch clock! Your table just makes me sigh...so very beautiful!!! Thank you for sharing it with us and I do apologize at being so late to get by! I hope that my note finds you well, dear friend!
Warmest autumn wishes,
Chari @Happy To Design
Very pretty setting. I love the blue and white, especially the teapot. Happy Blue Monday!
Valerie
Oh, mon Dieu! Can I move in! That looks so very cozy, inviting and ROMANTIC!! Love your blog! I will visit more often! Thank you!
Claudia from RomanticFrenchCountry
The teacups and table setting are beautiful! It is wonderful to have a teacup that holds a substantial amount of the beverage of choice!
Post a Comment