CONGHAILE COTTAGE

CONGHAILE COTTAGE
"The love of gardening is a seed that once sown never dies" ...Gertrude Jekyll...

Translator

Sunday, June 5, 2011

"Tea with Martha"...

One of "Martha's Favorites" is now one of "My Favorites"...I won this stunning Cup&Saucer while exploring her Beautiful World... Do you see that gorgeous Victorian Brooch? It was an extra Special Surprise!
We are having tea with Martha today! "Our Land of Blog is a Brighter Place because she's in it"!!! There is a Sisterhood here that gives us strength and today I am toasting one of "My Favorite Ladies"!!! 

We are still being adorned by peonies SO "This one is for you Sweet Martha"!
This little German Guest is one of Hildegard Gunzel's little ladies...She was SO Excited when I told her Martha was coming for tea! She insisted on wearing her Beautiful Brooch...
It's truly amazing how many different patterns, shapes, and, colors there are in cups and saucers... Do you think it's possible that "Someone Somewhere", actually has one of each??? 
My Mother's cousin Phoebe had  a Cup&Saucer collection(I think SHE is the reason I LOVE THEM to this day... Mom would visit her and "I" would examine each and every cup and saucer... She had "200"sets  and  every one of the sets were on display... HOW??? Her hubby made her a display shelf only big enough to custom fit the size of the sets... The molding was WAY UP near the 12 foot ceiling  and perched on it's little ledge was her collection sitting "SIDE by SIDE" and extending ALL the way around her VERY Large farm kitchen and continued into her dining room ... It was GORGEOUS! and very discrete... When her only daughter got married they had the reception at her home AND "All those beautiful cups and saucers were used"...Not ONE was broken... Not even a scratch...
One of the greatest pleasures of life is relaxing with someone you have "Everything" in common with! Isn't the Land of Blog a Wonderful Place to Live? Where we all have each other... There is ALWAYS someone here, at Anytime of Any Day just waiting to make us smile or lend us a  shoulder and a kind word! There is also the Miracle of Prayer here...
Please Peek in on "Martha" and give her a Big Hug from me!  We can also shop with her at "Pretty Vintage Things"!
Thank you So Much Martha.  I will treasure our friendship every time we have tea together! 

"I'M LINKING TODAY TO"
"Tabletop Tuesday@A Stroll Thru Life"
"Open House Party@No Minimalist Here"
"Teddy Bear Picnic@The House on the Side of the Hill"
"Tea Cup Tuesday@Martha's Favorites"
"Tea Cup Tuesday@Artful Affirmations"
"Teapot and Tea Things Tuesday@Silken Purse"
"Tea Time Tuesday@Rose Chintz Cottage"
"Tea Time Tuesday@Lady Katherine's Tea Parlor"

34 comments:

Michelle May-The Raspberry Rabbits said...

Oooooo! That's so pretty! Congratulations on such a lovely win!
xx,shell

Ricki Treleaven said...

This is such a cute post. Martha has impeccable taste. The peonies are gorgeous!

FABBY'S LIVING said...

You're so lucky Donna, you always win something! Hey, hon...go buy the lottery! I love Martha with her beautiful brooch! The cup's so pretty. Lots of hugs. FABBY

Linda said...

Another great post!! Congratulations on winning such a lovely cup and saucer...my Grandmother gave me so many before she passed away several years ago...I enjoy each and every one of them!

Johanna Gehrlein said...

Hello my dear Donna,
yes, Martha has an abundance on wonderful tea cups and stunning jewelry also. And that tea cup you won is a very nice one. Your post is again so delightful, you should make little booklets with your vignettes. A lot of people would have fun with this storys. I am always delighted to visit your blog. Blogging is really one of the nicest activities.
Have a wonderful week. Best greetings,
Johanna

Melody said...

Nobody can do a post like you. Just delightful as always. Thank you so much for sharing these beautiful photos.

Debbie said...

First of all, I do love that teacup and saucer.
Second, I agree about blogland. I would never have believed how many wonderful folks I would meet before hopping in.

I could you among them, too!

Debbie said...

I just tried to leave a comment, but I'm not sure it worked. Hope this isn't a duplicate.

I love your teacup and agree completely with your sentiments about the people you meet in blog land.

Maggie said...

How lovely your teacup and saucer are, Martha has such good taste, your little fraulein seems to have taken quite a shine to it.
The peonies are stunning too.
Yes indeed, the Land of Blog is a wonderful place to inhabit, you meet such lovely people here!

April D said...

What a lovely doll!
The cup and saucer are gorgeous--I always enjoy my visits here!

Susan Freeman said...

Martha is a doll!

Love,
Susan and Bentley
xxoo

Kelly said...

Just beautiful! Visiting your blog is like a little vacation.


Kelly

Sarah said...

Donna, you are on a winning streak! What a beautiful cup and saucer, and it couldn't have gone to a more appropriate person, and you couldn't have described The Land of Blog more appropriately. Beautiful vignette! ~ Sarah

La Vie Quotidienne said...

Opening up one of your posts is always such a treat...I know I am going to see and read something both beautiful and interesting. Lovely.

Snap said...

Congratulations! If anyone has one of everything, it's Martha! :D :D :D Lovely post. Happy Tea Day!

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Hi Donna,
Your tea cup is lovely and I love how you have presented it with the doll. I am a doll lover too! Martha is a sweetie and a generous soul. Congratulations on your win and thank you for for coming by to have tea with me too. Have a lovely week, my friend.

Blessings,
Sandi

Terri said...

Congratulations on winning! The cup is really lovely. The color is so pretty and the design is fab! You dolly is so sweet! You don't see dolls like that every day. Your Peony is gorgeous too!
Hugs,
Terri

Wanda Lee said...

Dearest Donna,

What a delightful post and a sweet tribute to one of the very dearest ladies in our sisterhood of bloggers! Such a pretty teacup, doll and Peony! Congrats on your win!

Your vignettes are always so whimsical, creative AND SECOND TO NONE!

..,Thanks for joining us for TTTT and also for my 86th 'Tuesday Tea For Two'; I always so enjoy having you join us as part of, 'Tuesday Tea Time In Blogland'!

Cheers and hugs from Wanda Lee

Marlis said...

I vote that you put all your sweet posts into a book and then sell it to all of us who follow you and are so enchanted by each post. This is a lovely tribute to your dear friend. Once again, you've taken me away to a a fabulous place with teacups and rainbows and music played by the angels.

Sue said...

What a lovely cup and I just love how you told the story with such a beautiful doll. As for the land of Blog...I can't even begin to say how people here have lifted me up through all of the things we've gone through the past weeks and months. It truly is amazing because the sincerity comes through with every word. There are amazing people around here!

The French Bear said...

Love that tea cup....so beautiful!!!
Hugs,
Margaret B

KathyB. said...

If there is anyone who has one of each teacup it MUST be Martha! She has the most beautiful collection and she is passionate about her collection too.

That is a pretty teacup your doll is holding and the brooch looks very fine on her. Congratulations on your win.

You are so right about Blog Land. I praise God for putting me in touch with ladies who have helped me with prayer & encouragement.

Olive said...

Darling tea cup Donna. On a totally different vein we have a Tudor house near us that is beautiful, like yours, and it has the same hibiscus blooming in the front yard right now. It that particular flower historically accurate for these houses? Just wondering. hugs♥O

xinex said...

Beautiful teacup set and brooch from Martha, Donna. Your doll is very pretty and that peony, gorgeous! Such a pretty color. Your photos are superb!....christine

Jane said...

I enjoyed the doll and teacup. Such a lovely house on your heading. Is it yours?

Anonymous said...

lovely post Donna and what a gorgeous doll

Melody said...

Thank you so much for linking in to Teddy Bears Picnic. It is always a delight to visit you.

elliek said...

Gorgeous doll and beautiful cup and saucer set. treasures in themselves

Karen said...

Your little lady is delightful and she does look gorgeous wearing her brooch!

Michelle Ridgway said...

Martha is so sweet and I love her china selection shows very good taste. Her brooch is pretty too. Perfect for thea with friends.
Michelle-Rag

{Bellamere Cottage} said...

Such a beautiful doll..... and what a sweet teacup. Hmmmm.... I wonder how much space it would take to actually have one of each and every teacup.... I watched a program about Royal collectors during the week of Prince William's wedding... Oh my gosh. I don't know how some of those ladies actually even moved around in their homes. :-) I'm thinking I'll keep a tight rein on teacup collecting.

Have a wonderful weekend.

Warm blessings,
Spencer

Victorian1885 said...

Good afternoon Donna..congratulations on your win! Your toile pillows are fantastic! Have a great weekend ahead.

Wanda

Susan Nowell @ My Place to Yours said...

Donna, your cup and saucer are gorgeous -- but I can't seem to pull my eyes away from your peony! I don't think I've ever seen one that color, and it's amazing! I'll have to ask Renaissance Man about it...

FABBY'S LIVING said...

I love the tea cups and Martha! I just joined, TTT with a tablescape for Father's Day. Wishing you, your hubby and family a wonderful F'sD...along with your dad. Love. FABBY