| One of my little French Limoges Boxes, in front of two Mighty Books... They lend the ambiance of structure to my setting... two MUST READS, different, BUT the same. One "The Forest" takes place over centuries in the forests of England(if you love nature and would like it to stay unchanged, this is an incredibly important read)...Two, is important to me, It's about the Giant Redwoods of northern California, what an unbelievable wonder of our world they are(This book is different, fun, and knowledgeable too)... OK, I live in Connecticut, WHAT is my tie to these books... My LOVE of TREES, and what they have witnessed in their lifetime and the families they have given homes(animals, birds AND us)... I have posted a few pictures of a few trees in my forest, These are "My Trees and I love them"... |
18 comments:
I love that golden hobnail pitcher. How sweet...and the trees are fabulous!
That frog does look like a hard worker:)
Your whole vignette is beautiful!
Manuela
Love all of your things -- especially the tree lined pitcher! What a treasure and it look sso well with the yellow hobnail pitcher!
And the frog . . . he is sooooo cute!
I love your exterior trim! It makes me think of a European cottage in a quaint little village! And your frog is just too cute! Your pretty table makes me ready for fall:)
That is so special when you can make something like that for your home.
Love the frog, love the plates, love the vignette. I love your blog.. this was such a delightful read this evening.
Lovely entry, as always...
Never seen anything like that hard-working frog!
My husband the woodworker, would love to carve a piece of ancient redwood stave, too. He loves all things wood and carving. :-)
Thanks for sharing Ellen Evans' Terrafirma Pottery. It is truly special. I'm in love with your frog. What a treasure. As a child, I remember driving through the giant redwood tree in California...a lasting impression, indeed. Cherry Kay
I love that working frog! How unique. You create such interesting vignettes. What I love is that they are so different from my seashells, crystal and silver and yet I love them just the same. Your always look as if they belong in a wonderful library setting.
You are full of friday favorites today... now you can come back and join the linky party :-)
OK, you have me hooked on yet more of your lovely pottery and book recommendations. As for trees, yes, I'm also one of those people! I'm definietly a tree hugger. I can hardly stand to be around when one of our old oaks has to be trimmed.
Have a great weekend! ~ Sarah
Beautiful! Beautiful!
Love your blog~
Have a good evening!
Leticia
Just gorgeous Donna! I love all the different textures and pieces. Just wonderful.
So beautiful, and unique. Love the ambers, love the textures. Wonderful photos.
Donna, the "tree hugger" is back to view this lovely post for Sunday Favorites. So happy you shared this one again. It is definitely in the favorites category!
~ Sarah
Hi Donna...
So happy to see you for Sunday Favorites today, my friend! What a fabulous post to revisit...I really enjoyed it! First of all, your Terrafirma pottery is absolutely gorgeous! This beautiful autumn leaf design is definitely a pattern that I would have purchased if I had seen it! I'm not sure exactly what it is...but I just adore leaves and especially autumn leaves! I also enjoyed that dear little frog...he certainly is a hard worker indeed! Hehe! The little squirrel is just adorable as well! My friend, I love, love, LOVE your old copper kettle!!! What a lovely table, Donna...I'm sooo glad that you shared it with us for Sunday Favorites! Ohhh...nearly forgot...but I wanted to mention that you have some fabulous trees! Sooo pretty, Donna!!!
Have a super Sunday!
Chari @Happy To Design
Hi Donna
I'm dropping by from Sunday Favorites. That bronze frog is completely made me laugh. What a great piece to have. Your trees are stunning also.
Blessings,
Shanna
everything is like a fall fantasy land. I adore the copper kettle..
you always post such beautiful vignettes..
Sonny
Post a Comment