| Close up of the beauty of these dishes... Aren't they gorgeous |
| "Some antique silverware, a little copper teapot I bought from a tag sale here in my town for $5, Vanilla Almond Tea... and Waiting for some friends to arrive that have just finished reading my book. We'll spend the evening in "Botanical Heaven"... Ah... "Life is Good"!!! "I'M LINKING TO"... "Sunday Favorites@Happy to Design"... http://happytodesign.blogspot.com/2011/03/sunday-favoritesno-95.html |























35 comments:
Hi Donna, thanks so much for stopping by - I have just had a look at the makers of those pretty jugs and they are Fine Porcelain made by Somerton-Green. Hope you can track some down.
Suzyq
Ah, life is good! Beautiful china. And those afghans are adorable!
I've not heard of that book but may just have to go buy a copy.
I did order the first Beverly Nichols trilogy based on one of your posts -- I had looked at the books earlier and didn't buy but your spurred me on!
Tea tables can be special and yours truly is!
Dona,
This is beautiful. I love the stand with the cups in it. Like how you tie in the books, very nice!
Sherry
Donna, come see my blog Sepia Scenes and post for it! Sepia Scenes
You said you were first posting for Yard Art on Thursdays, Donna, but I only found your beautiful sepia photographs which I like very much! :)
Thank you Donna for stopping by, yours is a lovely place to visit also! I do love your china!!! We are somewhat neighbors, I am in MA, next door to CT. I hope you'll take part in Tasha Tudor Day--you certainly make gorgeous vignettes!!!
Warmly,
Suzanne
Oh my, this is just fabulous. You always amaze me with your wonderful vignettes. Love your dog, the leather chair and everything. It just makes me want to sit, have a cup of tea and enjoy. Beautiful. Hugs, Marty
Hi sweet lady...
Yet another beautiful table, Donna!!! What a creative and talented lady you are, my friend! The Dogwood pattern of the Syracuse China really is beautiful! Oooh...and I love your Lladro Afghans...soooo very pretty! They seem to be very content just looking pretty on your beautiful table, my friend!
I must admit that I'm not much of a gardener! There was a time when I enjoyed playing a bit but it has been quite some time ago! I bet the Brothers Gardener is a fascinating book though...ooh, and I love your little antique spectacles!!! I hope that you are doing well today, my new found friend!
Warmest wishes,
Chari @Happy To Design
Absolutely beautiful china!
Barb
Hi Donna! What a lovely post. I will surely spend a lot of time here. I'm adding you to my 'favorite, inspiring and fun' links on my blog too. xo xo Cat
Another beautiful table setting. I love the dogs...so regal and your china is beautiful. I love how you stage these table scapes.
Sue
the book looks amazing, and your china
is glorious. so many lovely things!!!
Your china is lovely and I am interested in the book. Have a brillant weekend♥olive
So fantastic china! Beautiful!
Donna, I love those dogwoods. and the silver and the lladros. So many beautiful things scaped so magnificently together..
Donna,
you created a very beautiful vignette with this pretty china, adorable silver and cute dogs.
Greetings from Johanna
Hi! I came over because I recognized the name of your cottage as, well, not Gaelic, but something Celtic. I am pleased to have learned it is Gaelic and how to pronounce it!
I enjoyed this post, and how you revealed things about yourself through your words and pictures.
If you look away...I'm gonna take those little spectacles!
The whole scene is wonderful :)
Now listen closely...here is how to make your hips wider...ugh...I mean how to make Banana Pudding...
Don't forget to find a doll quilt!
http://southernfood.about.com/od/puddingrecipes/r/bl50322e.htm
Indeed, those 18th Brits started something. I love Afghans. Such lovely animals. Have a super day ~ xox Alexandra
So, so beautiful. Looks like a wonderful way to spend an afternoon or evening. With autumn around the corner, some hot cocoa or spiced tea would be so cozy with a good book and a warm wrap.
Donna, this is just the most amazing setting! Makes me wish it were winter...did I really say that??? LOL Love your hot chocolate cup and the beautiful linens you've used. When I was reading "Chocolat" the book they made into a movie...I had to have a cup of hot chocolate everytime I sat down to read! :) Fattening book! I didn't see a TT link...you should link this beautiful post up for TT!
Donna, another fabulous setting. I've ordered myself a copy of this book. You make everything special! ~ Sarah
I'm LINKING today with "The House in the Roses"... Please check everyone's beautiful posts @
http://houseinroses.blogspot.com/2010/08/show-off-your-cottage-monday_29.html
Lovely tea table! My mother had some of that Dogwood Syracuse china -- you are right, it is sturdy AND gorgeous all at the same time -- no mean feat!
Love the Lladro pups; I have some Lladro Cavaliers as that's "our" breed; they capture the breeds so elegantly in their work.
Cass
I Just found the "BEST" new place and I'm LINKING TO
http://www.thegypsyscorner.com/2010/08/91st-three-or-more-tuesday.html
Come and see how much FUN you will have peeking in on everyone!!!
Hugs, Donna
Beautiful display. I especially love the tea cup stand. Thanks Donna for the nice comment on MAY DAYS. I've added a few more pics and am using your idea for the pinecone in a pot asap.
Cheers!
Rita
Beautiful dishes...enjoyed your post.
Donna that is amazing. I love the way you can tie your books into your tablescape.. you are sooo creative! The dogs are beautiful as is the china.. how precious for spring and Easter. I love what the dogwood means for Easter. It is always good that things stand up for grandkids.. A warm wonderful post
Mornin' Donna,
What a lovely post to read first thing on a Sunday morning, you are such a great storyteller.
Love the sepia tones of your photographs, they add just the right touch of bygone days.
Oh, I think we could be sisters, sometime! I've been slowly collecting the dogwood Syracuse ... it was used for a short period of time on the Illinois Central run between Chicago and Memphis ... dogwood is the state flower of Illinois and I just think it needs to be pictured in our tourism magazine! Your post is beautiful ... love the dogs ... Thanks for sharing!
Correction: Violets are the official Illinois state flower, but here in southern Illinois, we will be covered with blooming dogwood trees in about a month! So, we celebrate dogwoods!
Hi Donna! I'm wondering if your snow is STILL as deep as shown in your header? Oh no, I am NOT telling you to change your header - - - I still have my snowy scene up at my place too.
I only ask because our snow has begun to melt. We're still white in most places - - - just not as DEEP white. And, there are some patches of bare ground beginning to show around trees and such.
I believe spring is actually on its way.
What a lovely vignette! Those teacups are so pretty, and I like the stand that you have to display them. As for the dog statues, I simply love any type of ceramic dog, so am really taken with these. Very nice!
Hi Donna...
Ohh...I remember this beautiful table, my friend! I just adore your china...the Dogwood pattern is stunning! I would think that it is a very versatile set to have! It certainly sets a lovely tea table!!! I also enjoyed getting to see your Lladro Afghans...they are quite spectacular! My girlfriend (when I was younger) had an Afghan...he was so gentle! I called him the gentle giant! Hehe! Ohhh...and this book about gardening sounds very interesting! I'll have to see if I can locate a copy! Thank you so very much for sharing this beautiful tea table vignette with us for the Sunday Favorites repost party, my friend! I loved it!
Have a wonderful week, Donna!
Chari @Happy To Design
Post a Comment