CONGHAILE COTTAGE

CONGHAILE COTTAGE
"The love of gardening is a seed that once sown never dies" ...Gertrude Jekyll...

Translator

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Ma & Pa Kettle Math

"Ma&Pa Kettle"! Is this like comfort food or what? Like an old sweater that you could never throw out; "they are timeless"... As a kid Saturday wouldn't have been Saturday without one of their old movies playing... and ladies I hate to bring this up, BUT, take a look at Ma! She's 52 there! WOW "We've come a long way Baby"!  
Love you Ma&Pa

29 comments:

bj said...

OMGosh, Donna...Ma and Pa Kettle were as much a part of my Saturday afternoons at the movies as any other. I haven't thought of them in..well...
forever.
Thanks for the memories...
xo bj

Olive said...

She is 52? I agree we have come a long way. I feel younger now. Thanks. Happy VTT. olive♥

Tracie~MyPetiteMaison said...

I remember these movies on at times when I was at my grandparent's house. Can still remember their voice vividly!

LV said...

I loved this show too. I had not thought of it in along time. You refreshed my memory.

April D said...

i homeschool my four kids, and we often joke about this clip when math becomes an issue. it's a bit scary when the kids' approach to arithmetic resembles the Kettles!
enjoyed the funny. thanks!

Michelle said...

Thanks for the memory.

viridian said...

A little before my time... Happy VTT!

Maureen said...

Oh! My! That was hilarious! Such a blast from the past.

Coloradolady said...

I used to love this show....and had almost forgot about it!! Great post!! Happy VTT!

Terry @ La Bella Vie said...

Oh my goodness, this is so amazing! I love it!
I remember these old movies and just love them! I think comfort food about sums it up:)
Thank you for sharing!
Terry
PS great blog by the way:)

Terry @ La Bella Vie said...

Oh my goodness dear girl, I do apologize, I actually meant to become a follower which is typically my style, I just got in a big fat hurry to see what's out there on VTT!
Wouldn't it be neat if that was "one of the rules" to not only make a comment but become a follower on each blog we visit?
Maybe we could suggest it to Coloradolady?
I am now an avid follower of your darling blog!
Wanna come follow me too:)?
Terry

Martha said...

I also loved the Ma and Pa Kettle movies but I loved them first in the Egg and I Book by Betty McDonald. They made a movie from that book and from that movie Ma and Pa became movie stars of their own!

Robin@DecoratingTennisGirl said...

I loved them! So neat.

Vonlipi said...

Ma&Pa are hilarious! I love their movies . And you are right like a big old sweater and comfort food at the same time!

Miri said...

Hilarious! Thanks for the blast from the past!

I especially loved looking at the kitchen in the beginning...I love to watch old movies to see the clothes and home decorating!

Anonymous said...

I am a Ma&Pa fan. And I can do some creative math too.

Auntie sezzzzzz... said...

LOVE Ma and Pa Kettle!!!!! Thank you so much, for the treat!

Blue Ridge Altered Art said...

Thanks for the treat. That was priceless. Love Ma and Pa Kettle!!! ~~Sherry~~

Karen said...

YOU JUST MADE MY DAY! I'm 52 and DANG I look HOT compared to poor old Ma there!
LOL. They just worked soooooo much harder than we do now. But SOmetimes I envy them the simple life!
Thanks for visiting this morning! I'll be back!
HAGD! Karen ~ Some Days Are Diamonds

The French Bear said...

Hi Donna, I loved visiting and joining your blog!
Great china.......so many lovely pieces you have!!!
Hugs,
Margaret B

Ann said...

I really love watching the Ma & Pa movies. They just make ya feel good all over.
Ann

Sally Annie Magundy said...

My mother was a big movie fan so I grew up watching all the old movies she loved on TV. I adored Ma and Pa Kettle! Thanks so much for the memories.

Happy VTT,
Sally

Anonymous said...

I'm with Karen, living in the NYC suburbs, I envy anyone the simple life!! This was great. This was (slightly) before my time, but my dad did love to get ahold of radio on cassette when I was little; mostly Jack Benny (LSMFT) and The Cinnamon Bear. I love it - thanks for sharing.

Unknown said...

Ha! I'm ashamed to say that I have no idea who Ma and Pa Kettle are but the clip was really cute! :)

HaPpY vInTaGe ThInGiE tHuRsDaY!

Sarah

visit my blog for a GIVEAWAY and a new linking party!
http://bloggingwhilewaiting.blogspot.com/2010/08/new-wednesday-party-link-up-giveway-too.html

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Oh I remember Ma and Pa Kettle. They were so fun to watch. Great old shows. Yes, we have come a long way. Wow.
Thanks so much for your sweet birthday wishes. I really appreciate it. Hugs, Marty

Anonymous said...

Hi Donna! Oh, my! Ma looks a tad older, doesn't she? Sure makes me feel better at my olden age of 58! :)
I'm glad we've come a long way!!
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Donna @ The House on the Corner said...

HILARIOUS!!! I loved Ma and Pa Kettle. I had no idea how old she is and now I don't know if I feel better or worse.....maybe I only think I don't look that way....I'm sure she thought she was looking good too :-)

Thanks so much for sharing - you made my day!

Glenda/MidSouth said...

Saturday at the movies!!:-D It is unreal how much older people looked back then. When looking at photos and thinking they look old, then finding out they are younger than I am now!! :O

Pamela said...

Too funny!