| "Margaret Ford"... "My Grandmother" |
| My Grandmother was born in 1885 when "Elegance was a Way of Life". She was a thoughtful sweet soul that was an important part of my life and I will miss her always... |
| I have quite a collection of Rosamunde Pilcher novels and books about her life... LOVE this Lady |
| A close up of my "Priceless Museum Masterpiece"... |
| "Look at that adorable expression"!!! He LOVES being at "My Grandmother's American Limoges Tea"... I'm Linking to http://brynwoodneedleworks.blogspot.com/2011/01/memory-lane-monday.html I'm LINKING to French Country Cottage, for a wonderful gathering join us over there... http://frenchcountrycottage.blogspot.com/ pot.com/"> |
























77 comments:
Donna,
Thanks for coming by my place. Nice to meet you.
Beautiful settings, and vignettes.
Eager to see more of your blog.
blessings
barbara jean
Oh, Donna....how beautiful! You have set such a lovely tea! No wonder these are your treasures! Thanks so much for letting us have a peek at them! I hope you are having a great week!...hugs...Debie
Love your grandmother's china -- it is so pretty and so perfect with that rose tea! Don't you love antique linens. There is something about them -- and I'm always searching them out!
I love all of your things and how you put them together. Especially the little cream jugs with the rest of the china.
Your grandmothers china is so elegant and unique. I love your museum masterpiece lace. It is amazing how beautiful some of the handmade pieces can be! Take care, Connie
I love those linens, I would take them with me too! The dishes are so pretty! I love Home Goods! Why pay full price?
The other Connolly
I came back to sign up as a follower...I love your blog! This post is stunning with its beautiful dishes and linen...afternoon tea is one of my favourite things in the world, a lovely reminder of my childhood in Northern Ireland, though it was never so grand an event as this.
Now if only I can find that rose tea...:)
Lynette
Imagination Lane
Oh. My. Word. Where to begin? I love this whole tea setting. It makes me want so badly to go back in time to 1885 with you and enjoy a cup of tea.
The masterpiece would have to be THE masterpiece, though!! It is simply gorgeous. Strike that. There is nothing "simple" about it.
I love the peach dishes too. This is very much my taste. And on top of it, I happen to have had a gramma whom I loved like you loved yours. Feel like a kindred soul today.
What a lovely setting! Your "masterpeice" is one of the prettiest things I have ever seen. Beautiful pictures. Thank you for sharing.
Barb
"I am posting NUMI's website".... WOW "Wait" till you see all the treasure on that site!!!
http://www.numitea.com/
Your museum piece is just stunning. I have put your blog on my blog roll so I can keep up with you and your beautiful treasures. hugs♥olive
Again, your entry photos take my breath away.
Thank you so much, for doing this blog, for us. Well, you blog for you, but we get to enjoy the beauty too. :-)
So beautiful Donna. You have lovely things and display them so beautifully. I want to come over and look at your library! I love that you put your books in the photos...they are my favorite thing!
What a stunning tea table! All of your treasures are wonderful but I especially love the linen. Your gramma must have been a grand lady. Love this!
What a gorgeous tea!! Love your grandmother's china and I love that lace table runner. That is such a pretty piece. Very nice of you to stop by!
Sherry
Absolutely beautiful, Donna.
This is so pretty! I just love the china and that pretty tablerunner. I haven't thought of that book in a long time. I may have to give it another read.
These are gorgeous! You have a fabulous flair.
Donna, Your china is so pretty! Love the antique tray and lustre ware too and I'm going to check out your rose tea - although I must say I made some rose petal tea once (from the roses I grow) and it tasted "perfumey." I think Numi's probably does NOT taste perfumey, or you wouldn't be recommending it. lol Have a great week, Beth
What a beautiful post!! I LOVE the dishes and the way everything is photographed...your grandmother must have been quite a lady!
I have just read my first Rosamunde Pilcher novel and look forward to more.
Donna, what a lovely post with wonderful memories of your Grandmother. Your Gros Point de Venise runner is beautiful! Did it belong to your Grandmother as well? I'm sure I'm not the only one who'd love to know its origin... I'm glad you treasure it -- and use it -- and shared it with us!
I'M LINKING to SUSAN'S TABLESCAPE THURSDAY, come visit everyone there...
http://www.betweennapsontheporch.blogspot.com/
What a gorgeous runner; you're right in calling it a museum piece. Your grandmother's china is beautiful. Thank you for sharing your treasures!
The dialogue is charming, the table runner is an exquisite piece, the setting divine. I loved my visit and leave in peace.. thank you, it's beautiful.
The whole setting is so beautiful. I also love Rosamunde Pilcher and have read every one of her books. You have some beautiful treasures from your Grandmother.
Oh, how pretty. I love the china and I also love the pup...I have a weakness for dogs, although I don't have a single dog figure in my home unless you count the 14-year-old beagle who is sleeping in her bed right now:)
I love tea, but I don't like flavors in my coffee or my tea. I love the name of your tea...but, I couldn't drink anything that tasted like roses. I tend to stick to Oolong or Black teas.
Your grandmother's Limoges china is beautiful - what a treasure you have. The linens, silver, books, etc. are also great. Thank you for sharing all your gorgeous photos.
I am now a follower of your lovely blog.
How beautiful are those dishes indeed! And the linen. I had cocker spaniels when growing up, love them too, they tend to be bullheaded like myself....ahem.
I have never tried Numi tea but will look for it.
Stunning collection - beautiful, and unique. Gorgeous! Just a reminder - my Friday Vignette's post is tomorrow, and I'd love it if you'd link up! Even pictures from this post - the vignettes are great! :) Hope you join in! :) Artie
This really makes me smile...I love everything about it...escpecially that you honor your grandmother in such a wonderful way! Thank you for sharing your charming design. The spaniel is quite special! Cherry Kay
Thanks so much for linking up this week Donna. I love this setting and your photography of the space! Just glorious! Thanks again! If you wouldn't mind linking back so that other people could find the other joining vignettes - I'd greatly appreciate it! :)
"I have LINKED with Artie"@ Friday Vignette's
PLEASE COME OVER and check out everyone's lovely "Vignettes"
http://niagaranovice.blogspot.com/2010/08/friday-vignette-friday.html
"I have LINKED with SHOW&TELL FRIDAY over at My Romantic Home"... PLEASE drop over and Check it ALL out, you will LOVE everyone there!!!
http://romantichome.blogspot.com/2010/08/show-and-tell-friday_12.html
Love it! Love it!
I am ready for a cup of tea...
Thank you for sharing~
Leticia
"I have LINKED with The Whistlestop Cafe Cookings FRIDAY FAVORITES"... Please join us there and see what EVERYONE LOVES...
http://whistlestopcooking.blogspot.com/2010/08/fridays-favorites-its-linky-party.html
Donna, This vignette is just gorgeous! Love your grandmother's china pattern and that placemat exhibits such beautiful handwork. You'll certainly enjoy these things in heaven! *grin*
What wonderful treasures. Just lovely, I had to scroll down slowly and take it all in. What a beautiful setting and home!
machelle
That little cocker is precious... she would be invited to tea every day.
another friday's favorite!
Donna, this is a treasure trove of beauty. I love it all - the leather chair, the china, the silver, your priceless museum piece - the loveliness of afternoon tea sends me to the moon. Thank you for sharing all of this beauty.
xo Isa
ps I loved the shell seekers :)
treasures said...
Beautiful! Love the sentimental keepsakes you have and the family history. A great heritage is a blessing.
Thanks for sharing your lovelies.
~ Julie
So So Beautiful Donna!!! I wish we were neighbors ~ we'd have tea parties every day!!
I am LINKING TO "The House in the Roses"...PLEASE come visit everyone!
http://houseinroses.blogspot.com/2010/07/show-off-your-cottage-monday_31.html
Beautiful... love everything I see here in this lovely cottage... and thanks for participating in our "Show Off Your Cottage Monday".... hope I'm posting my comment on the right spot, since I don't see a mention of our meme here... ;)
Have a lovely day
Cielo
This is the most elegant post with your grandmother's dishes. I enjoyed your deep interest in all things vintage and beautiful. Even the sweet puppy who sneaks a sip of tea.
BIG smile.
Hugs, Jeanne
I AM LINKING TO "ARTFUL AFIRMATIONS, TEA CUP TUESDAY"!!!
http://artfulaffirmations.blogspot.com/
PLEASE STOP BY and see the beautiful "Tea Cups" and ambiance that surrounds them...
I don't know I missed your post last week! I love this post. You write so well. Your grandmothers dishes are so beautiful. As well as the Dutch jug. Your museum piece is truly special. No wonder you want to be buried with it!
Your little dog is adorable, and I do believe he is fully capable of sipping your tea behind your back!
The Shell Seekers is one of my old favorites too.
Thank you so much for sharing with us.
Hugs,
Terri
I AM LINKING TO "Lady Katherine's Tea Time Tuesday"... Please join in on all the fun! @
http://ladykatherineteaparlor.blogspot.com/
Oh Donna, I barely know what to say. How incredibly beautiful your tea setting was today and I love how you displayed it all. It is so lovely and romantic. I so much enjoyed your Grandmother's Limoges, the museum piece, your little cocker spaniel, the Dutch jug, the books and the little clock, and the whole thing, honestly. What a wonderful feeling all of these pretty photos gave me. Thank you.
I hope you have a beautiful week,
Susan
http://simplepleasuressimpletreasures.blogspot.com/
Hello :) Your grandmothers Limoges china is simply beautiful, and love your photographs :)
Happy Tea Tuesday, warmest, Brenda
What a lovely collection of "pretties" you have...and such wonderful memories of your grand mother...how special! I will be looking for that tea!
Have a beautiful day~
;-D Kathleen
How lucky to have your grandmothers Limoges china. It is truly gorgeous! I love how you photographed and set up your display.I hope you get to drop by for tea~ Also there is time to enter my giveaway! ~Msartist Sew Crafty-Theresa
Your whole table top is just stunning, Donna. That table runner is to die for, just gorgeous! Beautiful display and your grandma's Limoges are the best. Lucky you for posssessing them!...Christine
STUNNING! And I see you have read The Shell Seekers, one of my favorite novels. Your photos speak wonders.
I have LINKED this Tuesday with
Teapot And Tea Things Tuesday with Wanda Lee and Pam @ http://breathoffreshair-paperbutterfly.blogspot.com/
Stop over for a visit, It is SO BEAUTIFUL over there... You will LOVE them! Hugs, Donna
Oh Donna, what a charming setting, it's just a heartwarming one to take in with your grandmother's treasures. Each detail is just lovely.
Nancy
You are so blessed to have had a Grandmother like yours. Her dishes are indeed of exquisite taste and beauty. Love the little cocker spaniel, and it is good to read he behaves himself ( at least when you are looking)Lovely to look at pictures,pictures to come back to and savor.
Hello there dear Donna,
I absolutely love your dear grandmothers exquisite teaset and silver!~ The lace, the fabric and your fine selection of, 'The Shell Seekers' book, with that dear little Cocker Spaniel are just the perfect details to complete your lovely 'teascape' vignette and are beyond beautiful!
.., Her delicately exquisite teacups, as well as all of your lovely details with the pretty background, as well as being gorgeous, they heartwarming as well Donna!..,
What a treasured legacy and blessing!~ Thanks so much for sharing this with us this week!
Thanks so much also for partaking with our little corner of, 'Tuesday And Wednesday Teatime In Blogland', dear lady!
Next week will be my 45th,'Tuesday Tea For Two' as well as Pam and I will host our 17th, 'Teapot And Tea Things Tuesday'; where does the time go?!.., Hope to see then as well; we will always love having you join us if you'd care to!
Thanks so much and have a marvelous and blessed week my new dear blog friend!..,
Cheers and hugs from Wanda Lee
Hi: I am so sorry I am running late, but I just love your vignette this week. It is all stunning. Thank you so much for sharing your treasures with us. I would be buried in it too! A girl never knows! Blessings, Martha
Hello Donna
I'm not sure who your linking with, but I'm confused...that's ok. I'm here from Claudia's FFB.
I read Shell Seekers a long time ago. One of my favourites too. Did you see the movie? I believe Angela Lansbury played the part, I think.
My favourite Aunty is called "Claire" so of course I LOVE your grams pattern.
Sweet little spaniel, I used to have a real one in the 70's. He didn't like tea though lol
I will have to look for the "rose tea". I live in Canada, so most likely we don't have it. I'll keep my eyes open.
Lovely blog, lovely post.
Have a great weekend Donna.
Love Claudie from Canada
xoxo
Hi,
Being a vintage fabric collector that piece of cut work jumped out to me..what a beautiful treasure you have there and the dishes are just divine.
I'm visiting for Finding Beauty. I'd love for you to come by for a visit. ♥
Happy Day,
Stephanie ♥
I was so pleased that you took the time to share “tea” with us this week. This is the perfect place to have tea. What a wonderful, warm feeling your blog gives. Such wonderful memories of your grandmother, they will be ever present. Love the way you presented your treasures
I look forward to seeing next Tuesday.
Blessings, Pam
Hello! Thank you for visiting my blog and participating in Friday Pretties, and Oh My,is your post Pretty!
Joyce
Oh so very lovely...your sweet little spaniel is quite PERFECT.
...Happy Friday Pretties...love Rosie
Hi,,,I am visiting from Joyce's Friday Pretties blog. Your collections are so sweet and pretty! How special that they belonged to your grandmother...:)
Blessings to you,
Gloria @}~`}~~~
Donna, how appropriate that you have your grandmother's service. I've not seen American Limoges. Love the shape and the sweet design. Your vignette has taken my imagination right back to the 1800s. ~ Sarah
I'M LINKING TODAY with "PINK SATURDAY"...
Come and look at all the wonderful things going on over there@
http://howsweetthesound.typepad.com/my_weblog/
Happy Pink Saturday! I just love your photos and your vignettes! Your grandmother was lovely! I love that era - reminds me of the movie The Age of Innocence. I love the cinematography in that film - very beautiful! You've done a fantastic job once again!
God Bless,
Kathy
Happy Pink Saturday, Donna! Your grandmother was a beautiful lady with exquisite taste! I read The Shell Seekers ages ago and it is on my book shelf among many others. The cocker spaniel is adorable too! A lovely post, in fact, a lovely tea post! Wishing you a delightful weekend.
Blessings,
Sandi
"I'm LINKING my Dear Grandmother with GYPSY FISH JOURNAL, "SILVER SUNDAY"... @
http://thegypsyfish.blogspot.com/
Come visit and see all the "SPARKLE" over there!!!
Hugs, Donna
Hi Donna,
what wonderful things you have. It is always such a feast for my eyes to visit you beautiful blog. Your grandmother was really a beauty. And this tea set is unbelievably nice. And so is the wonderful lace runner. Thank you so much for sharing this all. Love the spoon!
Greetings, Johanna
You have some very elegant pretties on display here. Your grandmother was quite the beauty!
Brenda
Hi Donna~ I just adore your story and your grandmothers beautiful tea set. I can tell how very special she was and is to you. This is a great post.
I also wanted to say thank you so much for your comment on my post about my Grammy~ You are so sweet and I appreciate you taking the time to leave such a touching comment. I am so glad you shared this post at my party this week. I am a follower of your beautiful blog and am so happy you decided to follow me too. :)
First off, your grandmother was so beautiful! Love what I see here, and that little dog just seals the smile!
I love Rosamunde too! The Shell Seekers was my favourite, but I've them all of her books. Wish she'd written more!
S
xo
This is such a beautiful tribute to your grandmother. She was a beautiful and obviously classy lady with exquisite taste. The table runner is to die for.
Did your grandmother make it.? Her choice of china was just perfect for the victorian era.
She was a proud American. Too bad so many don't feel that way today. In all our travels we are also so glad to get home.
Hugs, Ginger
Hi Donna:
What a beautiful assortment of memories you've shared today! I am especially fond of the "Museum" lacework piece. It's incredible. Your dishes are also beautiful, but I had to quit looking. If I bring one more set into the house, I may end up sleeping in the shed! lol
Hope you have a great week, my friend. Thanks for linking to Memory Lane Mondays. Yours are fabulous and I look forward to your next installment.
xoxo
Donna
Oh, Donna, I love that linen runner ... I remember Mother doing these kinds of cutwork. Awesome treasure. Your dishes & memories are so warm & beautiful.
Such a beautiful share of your Grandmother ... her picture is just beautiful. I nearly flipped when I saw Margaret Ford ... we are Ford's ... would you share where she/your Ford's originated from? We do genealogy.
Have a beautiful PS weekend ~
TTFN ~
Marydon
Giveaway ends Feb.11th
Your grandmother was breathtakingly beautiful. xx
Post a Comment