CONGHAILE COTTAGE

CONGHAILE COTTAGE
"The love of gardening is a seed that once sown never dies" ...Gertrude Jekyll...

Translator

Sunday, August 15, 2010

A Thatched Roof and Apple Pie

"A Thatched Roof" by Beverley Nichols and Comfort Food, my Hot Apple Pie... There was two pies, BUT the other one was carried away by my guys and is resting comfortably in a BETTER place... Beverley Nichols is to me like comfort food... I have read JUST about all he has written, especially this series of novels in which he wrote about his OWN adventures in his love of gardening and his homes... My favorites were "Merry Hall" and "The Thatched Roof"... All his books are MUST HAVES in my library...
(I am NOT finished with this post, I will be adding MORE pictures,etc, to it)

22 comments:

Donna@Conghaile Cottage said...

I am connecting with "FOOD FOR THOUGHT" today over at
http://foodforthoughtediblebooks.blogspot.com/
Please come and see Everyone's wonderful goodies!!!

Teddy Valley said...

Hi Donna,
I’m happy to meet you on the web! How many great photos you have on your blog!
I’m so sorry about your family member, your sheltie. When we lost our 16 year-old dog, all my family stayed at home for a week and everyone was crying… :(
I would be happy if you would visit our breeder with us in September. There will be puppies of two bitches that time. Unfortunately we live so far from each other, I live in Budapest, Hungary. But most of my bear cubs live in the United States. They all find sweet Teddy Moms there. :D
Bear hugs,
Judit

Decor To Adore said...

Oh that pie~yum! I have put the book on my "must read" list.

Tina said...

Hello Donna
I was happy with his visit to my blog.
Soon came to know her, and I loved it, everything is very beautiful here.
I post some of your posts on my blog?
My Brazilian friends will love!
Come whenever, I'm happy!
kisses
God bless
I'll be following you
and I will put your blog on my list of blogs "Beyond borders, beyond the ocean but close to the heart"
bye
Tina ( Sonhar e Realizar)
tinadiassonharerealizar.blogspot.com/

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Oh how I would love a piece of that wonderful apple pie. It really does look sooooooooo good. Hope you are having a super day. Hugs, Marty

a quiet life said...

welcome, i am so glad you joined in food for thought! i had to laugh... you had 2 pies! i see we both love gardening too, nice to meet you!

Jacqueline said...

How fun, I need to join Food For Thought one of these days. The pie looks absolutely delish.

I am tagging you for an award (as soon as I get it posted, that is). I have really enjoyed being your blog friend.

Auntie sezzzzzz... said...

Yes, he is fun to read. :-)

My but that Apple Pie looks scrumptiousssssssss. It's not quite Apple Pie time here yet but...

Of course, my family would say that it's Apple Pie Time, all year round. If they had their way. :-)

Marie said...

Hi Donna - Your apple pie looks uuuhm uuhm good! That image you had set up for us is so inviting...good ol' American comfort! Stopping by from SOYCM.
-marie

Marigene said...

Your pie looks fantastic!

Wanda Lee said...

This pie looks absolutely delicious and the books, fabulous!

Thanks for sharing this with us!..,It's both 'yummy' and interesting!..,


~Oh do come for this week's delightful; 'Tuesday And Wednesday Teatime In Blogland'!..,

.., Please come by and join us for our weekly blog tea parties; for my 44th, 'Tuesday Tea For Two', my 35th, 'Wednesday Tea For Me And Thee', as well as for my shared meme with my dear friend Pam for our 16th, 'Teapot And Tea Things Tuesday'; there are many new delights that await you this week!

..,We always love having you join us and we thank you very much for also joining us in the past!..,

*We;(Pam and I both, respectively);we both work full time as self-employed persons and we sincerely apologize when we are unable to get back to you as soon as we would prefer!..,Your blog posts are always so wonderful!

Have a marvelous week! ~ Hope to see you soon dear lady!


Cheers and hugs from wanda Lee

Olive said...

Wow your crust is so pretty. I bake most every thing except pies because I am afraid of pie crust. Have a blessed week. olive♥

D. Jean Quarles said...

That pie looks amazing! Wow.

Lindy said...

Can one smell a picture of a hot apple pie? Yes! It looks wonderful.

L.

The Blackwood Cottage said...

I really cannot express to you how much I adore your home. I trust your judgement of books completely...I'm adding your suggestions to my "must read" list. Thanks for sharing!
machelle

Kathleen said...

The pie looks wonderful! A few more weeks and we will go apple picking. Let the pie baking begin! :)

Sarah said...

Another one I need to add to my list. That apple pie looks yummy. Wish there was a slice here tonight! ~ Sarah

Anonymous said...

You are a woman after my own heart...a good book and a piece of pie..what else does a woman need for a grand afternoon? I'm also pleased to find a new author...I will be looking for some of his books now. Thanks for the recommendation.

So glad you stopped by my place. I love the visual of you gathering up huge armfuls of peonies...:)

Lynette

Yvonne @ StoneGable said...

Pie and a good book... perfection. All I need is a good cup or tea! I will have to look for that book!
Yvonne

Yellow Rose Arbor said...

That pie looks delicious! The book sounds interesting, I haven't heard of him before.

Let us know when you post more pictures!

Katherine

Marlis said...

What a wonderful pie.I bet it's as good as it looks. I love the table top. It's vintage! and the runner and I believe your dish is just about my favorite thing ever!

Victoria said...

That pie looks so good! I've never heard of the author, I'll have to look for him next time I'm at the bookstore:)