| It's time to relax now and unwind from the festivities... |
| Let's retire to one of My Favorite Places... |
| This is your special spot to join me in relaxation... all you need to do is choose your refreshments... |
| "One of Many Candles Illuminating my Black Forest Tablecloth"... The crystal star candle holder is a treasure find that sparks delight with a faceted glow... |
| If anyone is home in those quaint little houses deep in the forest, they are "Most Welcome to come join us this evening"!!! |
| I am having coffee this evening... I need a good pick me up because I have MANY OLD "Christmas Movies" to watch into the wee hours of the morning!!! |
![]() |
| This is the actual little fellow that posed for my teacups... I must cross the Atlantic to see this Sweet Little Soul... He's a European Robin... You can learn more about him and "Hear his birdsong" @ http://www.rspb.org.uk/wildlife/birdguide/name/r/robin/index.aspx http://www.rspb.org.uk/wildlife/birdguide/name/r/robin/index.aspx |
| I have folded my napkins into rosebuds to accent my favorite little German Rose silver spoons!!! The doilies are all German too... |
| Add caption |
| I just put a pot of "Hot Chocolate" on... The aroma will entice my "Little Lady" to come in from the cold... She may bring her little feathered friend in if she likes... There is "Always Room in the Inn" for anyone who needs a warm fire and a hearty meal... I'M LINKING TO http://commonground-debrasvintagedesigns.blogspot.com/2011/01/vintage-inspiration-friday19-inspired.html http://fadedcharmcottage.blogspot.com/2011/01/white-wednesday-81.html http://www.marthasfavorites.com/2010/12/last-tea-cup-tuesday-of-2010.html |



























31 comments:
It sounds relaxing after all of the running, cooking, partying etc. we've done...your china and beautiful lace is a pleasure to look at!!!
How did you know I live in one of those charming black forest cottages.. give me a minute to tend to things and I'll be right there to enjoy the evening..
Once again, a lovely post. I love the tabletopper. Little Miss Avon reminds me of Hummels.. Thanks for sharing.. Happy Holidays.
Hi Donna,
Your post is just so charming! Love the little girl and the teacups! It's been a very busy day but I thought I would stop by and wish you and your family, A Very Merry Christmas!
She is so sweet. Merry Christmas.
- The Tablescaper
Hello Donna,
oh, so truly lovely is your post. The little rose spoon is so nice, this pattern has been produced in Hanau, but licensed and sold from WMF.
You are so talented to capture the spirit of your choosen themes. This black forest vignettes remind me a lot to that area. The snowy twigs, all the cones and the cute tablecloth are so nice attributions to the theme. The little Avon girl is so sweet and the robin cup is lovely, too. Doesn't look the crytal candle holder like pure ice?
Thank you for this delightful post.
Greetings, Johanna
I love the pictures that you paint in your posts -- I think we would all like to escape into your vignette. Keep the hot cocoa on...Joni
Donna, everything looks so lovely. The teacups are adorable. I saw some Robin Redbreast mugs in an English magazine yesterday, and I would love to order them. I hope you have a nice and relaxing Boxing Day :D
What a sweet little snow lady! You've set a wonderfully cozy spot for coming out of the cold. Enjoy the "peace" of Christmas that comes in the quiet days that follow.
Oh, yes, count me in! For the coffee, the coziness of the table and the movies!
Dear Donna, is a pleasure to be here to thank your visit in my blog this year, makes me feel good to receive visits, again my love always, your blog is also wonderful, I loved these tables decorated, you could pass me your list of old movies Christmas? What about you and your family are the precious promises of God and that your 2011 be showered with happiness, peace, health, prosperity, and happiness in the heart JESUS! Thanks dear! bjsss
What a splendid post Donna. I love your telling of how you collect your objects. ♥O
What a beautiful, cozy post ! The header picture of your home is absolutely stunning .... it looks like a postcard !
Thanks for coming by Lavender Hill - I hope you're enjoying the snow too... you're right, it is really gusty out there !
gena
www.thehouseonlavenderhill.blogspot.com
Donna, the European robin is so adorable. it was too, too sweet of him to pose for your little cups. How cute! Thanks for posting him.
xoxo
Ricki Jill
What a beautiful post. I absoltuely love your teacups and the European Robin is simply beautiful. How special and the little girl in the Black Forest is having a magical day for sure :)
Your pictures are AWESOME!!!!!!!!
I want to curl up in your forest, sit back, relax and have some hot chocolate! Wonderful post. Love the Hallmark teacups with the European Robin and your little Avon girl. Happy Tea Day!
Donna, you've giving us another sweet post to savor through this cold day. Your little European Robin cups are lovely. I think I'll have a cup of hot chocolate today. ;-)
~ Sarah
Such a sweet post! I love your little vinette and your darling little girl. Your tea cups are very lovely with the pretty bird on them. And I love the color that they are as well.
Thank you so much for sharing with us today!
Happy New Year!
Terri
I really like your teacup! I never see a sweet teacup as yours! pastel green with dots of snow.. I think very pretty teacup! thanks for sharing. Happy New Year!
xo
fitty
Your table setting is lovely. The robin teacups are very pretty.
Happy New Year!
It's all so beautiful...I love the photo of that sweet little bird, what great inspiration!
Dear Donna,
A little sunshine in my hart ....
Anett
What beautiful tea cups, I adore birds! Thank you for showing us the photo of the "model" ;) very cute, Happy White Wednesday, tami
Such a sweet post. I love the table cloth! Happy New Year!
Faye
You always create the most beautiful and magical settings, Donna! The little girl is just darling, and that bird is so sweet! I think your work belongs in a magazine!!
Magical is right, Donna. Your home, your vignettes, your photos are always magical. :) Which is why I love visiting you! Happy WW to you, friend!
xoxo laurie
Thanks to Kristin at "My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia" my first ever link party for Cottage Flora Thursday's is up & running! Inviting you to come over & link a cottage garden post you may have & please advertise "Cottage Flora Thursday's" on your post that you link!! & don't forget to become a follower of my blog !!!
Your little figurine is so precious, and oh how I love these little european robins. they are so different than our robins here. They look alot like bluebirds to me. Thanks for linking up to VIF!
big hugs,
Debra
What a beautiful post. And I love those robins too. Not only are they pretty, but they have the sweetest song and are the friendliest little birds! Our first encounter with one was in Clovelly - a precious memory for us.
Thank you for the beautiful photos!
Diane
Thx , Donna, for visiting FHC for Epiphany!
loved to have you for tea ~ will you be joining us for the tea cup exchange?
love your post and pix! looks like you've a fair bit of shovelling ahead :) cozy in...
What a truly beautiful setting ~ very magical. Your cottage is just lovely. New follower.
Post a Comment