CONGHAILE COTTAGE

CONGHAILE COTTAGE
"The love of gardening is a seed that once sown never dies" ...Gertrude Jekyll...

Translator

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Drinking Chocolate is one of my Very Favorite Things!

"Chocolate and Easter" seem to go together SO I thought I'd share a Cuppa my FAVORITE with you! Hope you enjoy!!!



Ingredients
6 (1-ounce) squares 99% unsweetened dark chocolate
4 cups 4 cups heavy cream
4 tablespoons sweet ground chocolate and cocoa, such as Ghiradelli
1 1/4 cups confectioners’ sugar
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon grated orange zest



Directions 1. Melt dark chocolate in a large saucepan over low heat.
2. Whisk in the cream, sweet ground chocolate and cocoa, confectioners’ sugar, cayenne pepper, vanilla extract, and orange zest; continue whisking until smooth. Simmer over medium heat until mixture begins to bubble, about 2 minutes.
3. Remove from heat and serve immediately.




http://www.victoriamag.com

 

I'm LINKING TO

"Sunday Favorites @ Happy to Design"...

7 comments:

Donna@Conghaile Cottage said...

"I KNOW, you are going to tell me it's TOO HOT for drinking chocolate"!!! "WHO made that rule"??? Hey you don't deprive yourself of having a Hot Fudge Sundae so WHY would you NOT drink "Chocolate", the nectar of the Gods!!!

Victorian1885 said...

What a wonderful cup & saucer! Thank you for the recipes..have a great week!

Wanda

The Quintessential Magpie said...

This looks divine! I love hot chocolate. I even have little antique chocolate spoons and a chocolate muddler. YUM!

XO,

Sheila :-)

FABBY'S LIVING said...

I don't blame you pretty girl, I would love to have chocolate in such pretty cup and saucer too! Love the recipe, we have fantastic choc. around here!
Have a nice Sunday.
FABBY

Slice of Pie Cookbooks and Entertaining said...

Great recipe ... I'll have to send you my chocolate cookie recipe that includes cayenne pepper in the ingredients!

Chari at Happy To Design said...

Hi Donna...

My friend, I love hot chocolate! You know, I have often heard that adding cayenne pepper to hot cocoa really adds flavor but must admit that I have never tried it! Thank you so much for sharing your recipe with us for the Sunday Favorites party! I'm going to have to give your recipe a try! Ohhh...and that teacup and spoon is sooo pretty!

Warmest wishes, dear friend!
Chari

Jessa said...

What a cute comment, it is never too hot for hot cocoa! And this looks like a wonderful recipe. Those cups are so amazing.