CONGHAILE COTTAGE

CONGHAILE COTTAGE
"The love of gardening is a seed that once sown never dies" ...Gertrude Jekyll...

Translator

Sunday, July 25, 2010

"Spring TreeScapes and God's Gifts"

"Mother Nature takes credit this week for my Some of My Favorite Things"... although I DID provide the robins with the topiary in which they "TreeScaped"... YES I am officially making "TreeScaped" a word...
"Here they are, The Topiary Twins"..."Such a Sweet Symphony"!!! It wasn't easy being this duos Nana...They had the MOST demanding calls and their Potted Topiary was RIGHT outside the front door courtyard and RIGHT under my bedroom window...If it rained I was "Perched" in my bedroom window on watch, to be sure MOMMA was "ON her nest"... I was only a moment away with an umbrella if needed!!!   Oh and (oh course), NO ONE was allowed to use the front door under ANY circumstances...

10 comments:

Johanna Gehrlein said...

Donna,
Congratulations for the robin-nana. This is a real Metamorphosis! Isn't that amazing again and agein that a bird is able to lay an egg and inside this egg is all what makes a new bird. And this bird will lay eggs again. And so on.
This two are so heartwarming, aren't they. You are a good nana for them, I wish them, that no cat will find them. Robins are so cute.
Greetings, Johanna

Sue said...

Aren't they just precious! We had a nest (as we do every year) in the wreath I put up outside the front door. Luckily, it is on the house...not on the door!

Sharlotte said...

Aw...this is just precious!
Sharlotte

The Quintessential Magpie said...

How absolutely adorable, Donna! I loved seeing this SO much!

XO,

Sheila :-)

Lori E said...

You had a real bird's eye view of the nest didn't you.

The Tablescaper said...

Wow! How wonderful to see the miracle of nature so close up. They are darling.

Thanks for coming and visiting Summer Sundays. Perhaps next Sunday you'll link up with us?

- The Tablescaper

Debbie said...

I am completely delighted!!

Anita Diaz said...

What incredible photos!! Thanks so much for stopping by! I'm so glad I found you! LOVE, LOVE your house. It is gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

oh my gosh -- that pictures just makes me smile from ear to ear. I looked at your website as well -- what an absolutely marvelous "cottage". The roof alone is astounding! I'm pleased to be your newest follower

Sarah said...

Amazing photo! ~ Sarah