CONGHAILE COTTAGE

CONGHAILE COTTAGE
"The love of gardening is a seed that once sown never dies" ...Gertrude Jekyll...

Translator

Monday, July 26, 2010

Mascot Dragonfly

This guy is BRILLIANT... He's a "Mascot Dragonfly" and wherever I go he is posted next to me. I took this picture of him last August. His family and I go WAY back to when I first planted my extensive gardens and they would watch over me to keep the skeeters away. These poor dears though have such a problem with "Hummingbird LOVE", the little hummers just "Can't" leave them alone as they sit there in all their crimson glow...
"This little guy is dedicated to Johanna @ Silver&Roses" ...

16 comments:

Donna@Conghaile Cottage said...

"Johanna this post is for you"!!!

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Oh, he is wonderful, and I don't know that I've ever seen a crimson dragon fly. How neat!

XO,

Sheila :-)

Sue said...

What a wonderful photo...my dragonflies all seem to be blue. I'm seeing green and now red in Blogland...learn new things every day around here.

Anonymous said...

Hello Donna! I'm Jeannette - Welcome to blogworld!! I absolutely ADORE ADORE YOUR HOME!!! I've always wanted to live in a cottage like yours - this style just melts my decor heart!!!lol Your garden path is just gorgeous - I would never leave home if I lived there!lol I found you through your comment on Sonny's blog but I have added you to my sidebar so I can visit again! I look forward to seeing the inside of that beautiful home! Enjoy your week - Sincerely, Jeannette

Kathryn said...

Great shot. I'm loving your garden pics, and I have to admit, I'm so jealous of your gorgeous flowers - incredible! Love the cottage too! I dream about having a yard/garden like yours! :)

Johanna Gehrlein said...

Oh Deanna, what a wonderful dragonfly. Love, love it! You have such amazing animals in your garden and make such great photos. It is like in paradise. Thank you soooo much. I am so honored that you dedicated this wonderfull post to me.
Warmest regards, Johanna

Auntie sezzzzzz... said...

Ohhhhhhhh, I love Dragon Flies! A red one! Marvelous! I only see gray ones, up here in my NE "neck of the woods." But I still love them. :-)

Sent over by Dear BJ of Sweet Nothings blog.

Gentle hugs...

Donna@Conghaile Cottage said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Donna@Conghaile Cottage said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Donna@Conghaile Cottage said...

"LINKING my little dragonfly to REDNESDAY@ It's a Very Cherry World"!!! GO VISIT her...
Wednesday is REDnesday! WHERE?
Wednesday is REDnesday! WHERE? @http://suelovescherries.blogspot.com/

Sandy aka Doris the Great said...

He's beautiful! I've never seen one before.

LV said...

That is an outstanding shot of the dragonfly. You were lucky to capture him. They usually move too fast.

Sally Annie Magundy said...

Oh my gosh, I've never seen a red dragonfly before! Gorgeous photography!

Happy Rednesday,
Sally

Ann said...

Hi Donna~What a magnificent photograph! Thanks for sharing it with us.:)
Fondly,
Ann
@
The Tattered Tassel

craftyles said...

That is a great photo and what a pretty dragon fly. I love watching them!

Wendy said...

He is absolutely enchanting. We have so many huge dragonflys behind our house but never have we seen a red one. I am so happy that you shared your little friend with us.
Happy Rednesday...
Wendy from Wonderland