CONGHAILE COTTAGE

CONGHAILE COTTAGE
"The love of gardening is a seed that once sown never dies" ...Gertrude Jekyll...

Translator

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Brandy Cream Chocolate Cups

Brandy Cream in Chocolate Cups

From Celebrating Tea
Yield: 36 cordial cups

Ingredients
2 cups heavy whipping cream
1/2 cup confectioners’ sugar
3 tablespoons brandy
3 (3.15-ounce) boxes molded chocolate cordial cups
Thinly sliced strawberries
1 recipe Sugared Almonds

Directions 1. In medium bowl, and using electric mixer, beat whipping cream until thickened. Add confectioners’ sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, beating continually until stiff peaks form. Stir in brandy.
2. Spoon brandy cream into chocolate cordial cups. Place each cup on strawberry slice, and sprinkle with Sugared Almonds.

Sugared Almonds

2 tablespoons butter
1/2 cup sliced almonds
2 tablespoons sugar
Directions In small skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Stir in almonds, and cook until lightly browned. Add sugar, stirring to coat. Spoon mixture onto wax paper to cool.

6 comments:

Debra@CommonGround said...

Hi Donna, oh your chocolate recipes sound delicious, and look it too. And I love the photo of your darling cottage, so glad you came by!
xo,
Debra

Debra@CommonGround said...

Great idea!! te he! I'm here, thanks for reciprocating!
xo,
Debra

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Oh my goodness, this just looks so good and sounds so good. I will definitely have to try this. Wow. Now I really want some chocolate.

Thanks so much for stopping by and your gracious comments on my GW finds. I love that pitcher too and no it doesn't have any markings on it at all. I think you are right, it was probably part of a pitcher and bowl set, but no bowl to be found. I just thought the shape was wonderful.

Thanks so much for stopping by. I really love it when you visit. Hugs, Marty

Designs on 47th Street said...

Came over to meet another Donna and what a beautiful blog I found PLUS yummy chocolate recipes! Nice to meet you!
Donna

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Oh, YUM! I love chocolate. It's a very, very good thing in my opinion, and these look great!

XO,

Sheila :-)

Debbie said...

I WANT to do this! They look delicious, but more than that, they look just elegant.