CONGHAILE COTTAGE

CONGHAILE COTTAGE
"The love of gardening is a seed that once sown never dies" ...Gertrude Jekyll...

Translator

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Lilies & Lace

The fragrance of Oriental lily "Muscadet" is intoxicating... Lace is such an invisible asset to a window, It enables light & air to circulate without obstruction. The textures are priceless and add another element to soften a vignette. Of course this is "my" opinion, But I always look through a lace frame because it always seems so peaceful and comforting. To me lace IS a windows "Wind Beneath it's Wings"...

"The Midnight Glow of Lacy Hydrangea"...

"I'M LINKING TO"...
"Cottage Flora Thursday@Fishtail Cottage"...
http://fishtailcottage.blogspot.com/2011/03/cottage-flora-thursdays-10.html

23 comments:

Vanessa said...

Hi Donna! Thank you for your sweet comment on my blog! I just hopped on over to meet you and your blog is just lovely! Is that actually your house in the picture? Either way, it looks like it belongs in a Storybook Village! Can't wait to get to know you better in Blogland!
Vanessa
http://southerninmyheart.blogspot.com

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Lovely! :-)

Anita Diaz said...

Just gorgeous!! Lilies are my absolute favorite flower.

Johanna Gehrlein said...

Hi Donna,
Oh, how lovely is this vignette! So romantic! I just love it.
Nice greetings from Johanna

Amy Kinser said...

So very pretty. It just makes you smile and relax.

Partying with you today at Faded Charm.

Blue Ridge Altered Art said...

Beautiful scene. Thanks for sharing it thru your camera lens. You have an eye for photography.

Loui♥ said...

beautifully shown and spoken!!
found you through Faded Charm
warm sandy hugs..
Loui♥

Sue said...

Just beautiful - love your flowers, and your home is exactly what I would love to live in someday! A little slice of England.

Cynthia@ITLLDO said...

Your photography is so exquisite! I just found the comment you left on my blog and your request for the lemon souffle cake. I have scanned it and will try to email the recipe to you. If you do not receive it, please email me at itlldo2@gmail.com

Faded Charm said...

The photo of your lace curtain in the window with the lilies is just breathtaking. So glad you could play along today.

Take care,

Kathleen

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Hi Donna,
You have a lovely and charming blog as well as a home! I so agree about the lace on a window! I have lace on almost every window in my home. Love your photos. So glad you stopped by and introduced yourself; it's very nice to 'meet' you.

Blessings,
Sandi

Rebecca said...

Love the view out the window with the lace.

susan said...

You are a girl after my own heart--hydrangeas, lacey windows, and that dessert in your last post!!!! I love the smell of lilies--stargazer is my favorite. Let me know if you make the PB and choc. cupcakes :)

FrenchGardenHouse said...

How gorgeous! Love the lace, and then Hydrangeas, it doesn't get much better than that. Thanks so much for visiting me today. xo Lidy

Designs on 47th Street said...

Beautiful pictures of beautiful flowers. Love the view.
I am your newest follower! I hope you'll stop by and visit me often too.

Donna

Mid-Atlantic Martha said...

Oh what beautiful lacy photos! Thanks for your visit to my tour of Greece -- it was certainly a wonderful trip!

Regina said...

How pretty and delightful.

Confessions of a Plate Addict said...

Beautiful flowers! Lilies do have a wonderful scent, don't they? I hope you are having a great week!...hugs...Debbie

Sharlotte said...

Hi Donna,
What great pictures! {You should add photographer to your list of pro~fessions!} The flowers are gorgeous, it must be wonderful to see all their glory as you walk through your gardens. I too love your lace curtains...they indeed frame your view! Thanks for sharing and for stopping by to visit!
Sharlotte

Dena said...

Hi Donna,

I just popped over from BJ's blog and I am loving your lace curtains and beautiful flowers. Such visual poetry!

Dena

Marie said...

Hi Donna - such a pretty post...lilies and lace is a perfect combination!
-marie

Fishtail Cottage said...

Oh, that view from the window is amazing...I'll bet you can't wait to see that again? Thanks so much for coming over and linking up to Cottage Flora Thursday's - it's so fun to peek at all the posts while we wait our gardens to start waking up! xoxo
~tracie

Linda said...

is this snow capped cottage your home! It is just beautiful! I can only amagine sping in the garden , thank you