 |
| The little Hummel girls look like they just want to jump into the village on the plate...and the BEAR is my husbands as a boy in Germany... That lil' round stoneware jug is still available from Bennington Potters in Vermont, I LOVE their pottery, and especially like to incorporate a piece or two of this cobalt color with dishware that has a dab or two of the same blue. It makes it POP! That little Elk creamer is an antique "Royal Bayreuth", another favorite of mine... I have a few different versions of him... |
|
 |
| This pattern is ALMOST impossible to find... It is Syracuse china "Brittany Cottage"... I believe it was made about the 1920s... It is restaurantware therefore VERY strong like a stoneware... Is it only me, or do we ALL miss the excitement and challenge of yesteryear(pre-ebay) of collecting something unique that was HARD to find and caused such excitement at it's sight that you jumped up&down in its presence and then slept with it under your pillow??? "The thrill of the hunt was the TRUE love of collecting"... This little set of mine keeps that spirit going... "Is there something you collect that does this for you"??? The little Hummel Charmer above has just picked an armful of those delightful flowers from the "Brittany meadow"... |

Susan's Special "Tablescape Thursday" will be special for me too because this is my VERY first one!!! "How exciting"!!! It's storming outside so it's not in the garden this week... I've set up my Favorite little set that makes me feel as though the "Three Bears" will be back at any second to claim their porridge...
I'm LINKING today to "HAPPY TO DESIGN"! Please drop by and visit with everyone!
http://happytodesign.blogspot.com/
31 comments:
I have a few different picture that I had wanted to show here. One being a close up of the plate. They are Syracuse "Brittany Cottage"... and in my little world Susan, they are the dishes that would be tucked under my arm if I were to "RUN"... They are NOT easy to find and I think I know why. "WHO would EVERY be able to part with them"... OK, if I'm running with my "Brittany Cottage" dishes tucked under my arm and RUN head first into someone else, "SHE too is going to have these dishes tucked under her arm"!!! Maybe we should start a club......
So pretty. I love your dishes and the addition of the bear and the book is just perfect. What a lovely and inviting tablescape. Hugs, Marty
Thank you Marty... I LOVED yours too! I'm trying to figure out HOW do I post Your links(and the other sweet ladies) on my blog??? UGH, I know when I figure this all out I'm going to sit back and laugh BUT in the mean time... UGH!!!!!
Hi Donna, welcome to TT from another Connolly!
Your little set is lovely!
Do you mean how do you put the blogs on the side of your blog?
Email me, I would be happy to help another Connolly!
Kathleen
Oh, you did such a lovely job on your tablescape, and I'm so glad you joined in this week! This is just as cute as can be, and that bear is adorable. Thank you for sharing this.
Happy Tablescape Thursday!
XO,
Sheila :-)
This is just precious! I love your teddy bear, lace, and Hummel. Everything is so cute! Thanks for sharing.
Sharlotte
Oh, I would run with those tucked under my arm, too...love those dishes.
Welcome to your first TT. I just love those cute dishes.
D
Those dishes are just adorable. They make a great vignette with the bear and the book. I have yet to get my life organized enough to do a Tablescape Thursday, but I love to see what others are doing.
Hello Donna,
what a nice event to start the participation of Tablescape-Thursday. Welcome to the most addictive hobby. Your table looks so charming with the oldfashioned teddybear and the children book. The dishes are so cute with that. I can imagine, that you would serve porridge for little bears. Too cute.
Thank you for sharing this cute table.
Greetings, Johanna
Those dishes are so adorable. I have never seen any like it. It is always a good time when there is a bear and a book. So glad you are joining TT!
Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving such a sweet comment. I would like you to take your lovely dishes and run them right over to my house!! I seriously think they could be my new favorites. We have a little cabin in the woods that we have nicknamed the 3 bears cabin - wouldn't they be perfect? I have the same little 3 tiered stand - just spray painted mine pink!
Great first TT - this is only my 2nd, they are so fun to look at week by week.
that is adorable!
HURRAY!!! I've learned how to add more than one photo!!! Thanks Sue...
Those Brittany Cottage dishes are just delightful! You've given them a lovely setting with all your treasures surrounding them. Welcome to Tablescape Thursday, and I look forward to seeing more of your creative efforts!
I love your table runner, it's magnificent. As are everything you've put together. It's inviting and interesting and charming. congrats...
Donna, what a charming tablescape and I love your attention to detail! Oh my, your dishes are ones to treasure!
Happy I found your blog while I was visiting another one!
Nancy~
Well, I'm sure glad you started a blog, because you have a very keen sense of the pretty and interesting and it should be shared.
I was surprised to see you're in CT, not Co. Cork, too!
I look forward to following you!
Thank you so much for your kind comments on my blog!
Tootles,
Sandy @ My Shabby Streamside Studio
http://myshabbystreamsidestudio.blogspot.com/
hi Donna, fellow Connecticut blogger! I'm new to this too--this is just my 3rd post. I'm looking forward to learning more. Your dishes are special. I've never seen those before and I know just what you mean about the thrill of the hunt. Now the thrill is seeing how inexpensively you can get them on the web! I'll be your newest follower! Linda
I love your dishes, I've never them before. For a first timer to Tablescape Thursday, you certainly figured out how to do it beautifully! I agree...the thrill is in the hunt!
Welcome to TT! Love your sweet dishes and the wonderful table you've set -- this is just adorable -- makes me want to curl up with my grandgirls and read Goldilocks!
It does have a Goldilocks feel, doesn't it? I think it's charming!I love Hummels and have several pieces from family members who have visited Germany so I'm very drawn to your tablescape.
Very pretty, especially with the book!
The only way I know to put a button on the sidebar is to first right click on my Table Top Tuesday picture button and then paste it to your pictures. Then go to gadget on your page design and click the picture gadget and load it from your pictures. It's weird that the html loads and not the picture. Try it this way and load it from your computer pictures and it should work. That's what I have to do with all of them. Hope this helps. Let me know. Hugs, Marty
Beautiful tablescape...and I love the china! The bear along with the book are sooo darling!
XO
Susan
Oh, this is one of the most charming tablescapes this week and there were a lot. I am so glad to meet you. The bear, the plates, the linen, the Hummels, everything is just amazing. Any child, any bear lover, any mother who has read to her children would be swept away by this one.
Hi and I love your lovely dishes. The pattern reminds me of Mary Englebrieght (I probably spelled it wrong). You've set up a very sweet tablescape! The lacy table runner is beautiful too.
I'm following your blog now.
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)
Well, I guess I just can't keep quiet tonight. These are charming, but most of all I want to comment on your "finding a treasure and sleeping with it under your pillow." Yes, I do think we may have the same DNA. ~ Sarah
Oh! Your Brittany Cottage dishware is just charming. You've created a lovely tablescape with it. Thanks so much for sharing with us all.
I believe this is my first time to come across your blog - - -came today from Sunday Favorites.
What a lovely place, your blog. It sooooo reminds me of some of my favorite books - - - like those written by D. E. Stevenson!
Hi Donna...
My friend, it's such a pleasure having you join in with Sunday Favorites today!
Ohhh my...what a beautiful tabletop vignette! It just exudes cozy, cottage, and you're absolutely right when you said that if feels like the three bears could come home at any time! This is the first time that I've seen this pretty pattern, "Brittany Cottage"...it's lovely!!! I bet that it has been a fun pattern to collect over the years! I totally agree with you...it's the love of the hunt...in collecting that I enjoy! I have several collections and whenever I do find something to add to one of them...I do my "happy dance"! Hehe! Well my friend, I thoroughly enjoyed getting a peek at each and every lovely item in your tabletop vignette...you sure do have some pretty things! Loved the Hummels! Thank you sooo much for sharing this fabulous post with us for Sunday Favorites!!!
Have a super Sunday!
Chari @Happy To Design
Hi Donna...
Oooh...you know how I love your Brittany Cottage china...it just has such a sweet, magical quality to it! You certainly set a beautiful table with it...I adore your little Hummel girl...so sweet! Ohhh yes...I could just sit at your beautiful table for hours and ENJOY!!! So glad that you shared it with us today for Sunday Favorites, my friend!!!
Wishing you and your family a wonderful Thanksgiving!!!
Chari @Happy To Design
Post a Comment