CONGHAILE COTTAGE

CONGHAILE COTTAGE
"The love of gardening is a seed that once sown never dies" ...Gertrude Jekyll...

Translator

Monday, November 29, 2010

"Wishlist"


"Isn't this darling"??? I want you to take note that it has it's own tea strainer...  There is a set of four "On My Wishlist"!!!

I am sharing today my "Philosophy of the Wishlist" ... I have always taught my children that there is more joy in the anticipation and excitement of "Something to Come"... We savor every blissful moment of the "WAIT"... You do not jump up and down with "Excitement" on the day AFTER Christmas, "It's ALL about Christmas Eve" with the sparkle not only on the tree and it's tinsel BUT in everyone's eyes as they light up looking at the "Unopened Packages Under the Tree"... It really doesn't matter what they contain, it's the sheer joy of The Wait!!! 

"The Charming Antique White Pumpkin Tureen"  and the toile Brown Bird Dinnerware is by J. Willfred. The tureen is 7"H 11"L... Can you see the Ladle sticking up in the back???  "Wouldn't that Pumpkin make the most Enchanting Coach for Cinderella"??? "Where is Our Fairy Godmother when we need her"???
I found this vignette on this sitehttp://www.sadek.com/Product_Line.aspx?catname=j+willfred+Ceramics#_top



" THIS is the matching TEAPOT(also on my wishlist)"...  Although I "DO" buy "NEW" china and pottery, etc, and occasionally one or two items ACTUALLY "On My Wishlist"... I somehow prefer "The Ones from Yesteryear"... "The Ones that will Sing to me of all the adventures they have had"..."The Ones that have developed Laugh Lines along their paths"... "The Ones that make my Teatime the pleasure of an Old Friend's Company"...As I sip my coffee or tea I listen for their stories and they always make me smile...
"This POST is NOT about My Treasures, It's about my Wishes and Dreams"... I am not always granted my wishes and that is fine. Sometimes they grow old and I just move on to something else... That is perfectly fine with me for what would life be without Dreaming... I think this is also an important part of our imagination and without it we would not have creativity... SO My Dears, Dream about all the things that will make you smile and acquire a "Few" along the path... "BUT"... I DO have my "WISHLIST" and today I am sharing a few of MY Little Gems with you... I just "Fell in Love" with this Little Brown Sparrow set... AND I'm going to share a very nice online Tea Shop with you... They seem to have it all and I'm sure the "Queen Mum" herself has Peeked into this website now and then... So my Dear, Dear Friends here is their link, and before you adventure on, BE SURE to have made yourself a BIG pot of your favorite coffee or tea, you WILL be busy for a while..."Have Fun and DO add a few things to YOUR Wishlist or Start One"!!!http://www.theteapotshoppe.com/brspandfrte.html 
"Our Blogging Friends are Such Incredible People"... "I LOVE you all"... "The Tablescaper", just notified me this morning of another "FANTASIC" site that has my wishlist teapot for a better price, AND guess what "They have MORE PIECES too", SO I'm not only more excited about it, I NEED to share it all with you too... THANK YOU Tablescaper!!! You are a Sweetheart!
Look at all those pieces to this Little Brown Bird Set, AND look at those Little birdies( they are salt&pepper on a little darling tray that can be useful or have no function other than to make us smile)... The link is herehttp://www.barronscatalog.com/product/tabletop/casual+dinnerware/andrea+by+sadek+brown+bird+toile+dinnerware+teapot.do?search=basic&keyword=brown+teapot&sortby=newArrivals&page=1
"THANK YOU again to Our Sweet Friend at THE TABLESCAPERhttp://thetablescaper.blogspot.com/2010/12/reindeers-and-red.html"..."GIANT HUGS to you"... 

"LOOK, they even have BUNNIES" and in Brown OR Green"... I'm swaying to the BROWN BUNNIES, OK they've entered my WISHLIST"
"Isn't this the Sweetest little set EVER"???
"Can't you picture yourself having a Garden Luncheon on these"... "Priceless"!!!
"This Couple have been moved to the TOP OF MY LIST"... I'm calling them a "MUST HAVE"... They will be centered as Guests of Honor ON the table and they will be serving little goodies as well to the other guests!!! LOVE,LOVE,LOVE them... 
 "Red Fawn&Deer"

"Red Winterberry"

 "Woodland Red Quail"... this is SO Different, note there are "ROSES" framing this beautiful platter!!! "AH, if this isn't the most Heavenly Dream"!!!

Andrea by Sadek is a leader in the gift, tableware and home furnishings industries. Known for our exceptional taste level and unique products Andrea by Sadek is a trusted resource for tens of thousands of independent retailers throughout the country who have come to rely on the exceptional quality and value of our products.

Also known as the Charles Sadek Import Company or j. willfred, Andrea by Sadek is a product line with over 3,000 products in 20 categories: Birds and Flowers, Blue & White Accessories, Casual Tableware, Decorative Accessories, Figurative Accent Lamps, Garden Handcrafted Accessories, Home Decor, j willfred Ceramics, Porcelain Lamps, Metal Home Furnishings, Silver Plate, Plate Stands and Bases, Tabletop, Tea & Gifts, Shore products, Vera Bradley Tableware, Gifts & Lighting and Whimsical Figurines.







I'm LINKING to 
"WHITE WEDNESDAY"













http://fadedcharmcottage.blogspot.com/2010/11/white-wednesday-76.html


 

39 comments:

Denise said...

First of all,I've wanted to ask,Is that really your home or a wish list home? If it is your home how blessed you are.You were right about that web site .I HAD to put it on my favorites list so I could enjoy it any time I like.I just adore the cozies almost more than the teapots.I have to be very careful around white and lavender small print tea cozies or I could easily go over budget or even faint from too much swooning.Thank you so much sweet one.

Sue said...

I can certainly see why these are on your wishlist and somehow, I would guess we will see very creative vignettes with them soon:)

Sarah said...

Donna, this little bird is a cutie. I like the little finial on the lid. I hope your Santa peeks at your list. ;-)
Now I'm off to visit the Tea Pot Shop. Have a beautiful day! ~ Sarah

Chubby Chieque said...

Am with you with your wishlish, Lady? Donna, I love the first one.

Hard to find such beautiful things in Sweden. I could order but no guarantee if things get broken.

Happy TT..
/chie

Denise said...

Donna Sweet kindred spirit,I have been following you.You come up on my read list all the time.Well, you didn't say, is that your home? I love Ireland & England and I had to check if thats where you lived because your home looks like it came from dream land.My dream land:)

Anonymous said...

Well, now I know you and I have even more similar tastes than already indicated by your flog and my following of it. I can't afford a glue gun, or glue or heck, even pretty papers, but I forget all about that when sitting down with a nice cup of Darjeeling to page through this site.

Olive said...

The little bird is so sweet. I only wish for a camera but must wait for that. The house in snow is so beautiful it does not appear to be real! hugs♥O

Betty said...

I love wish lists too. The teacup and teapot is adorable.

Willow

Suzan said...

Omigosh, Donna, did I just call your blog a FLOG? Argh! I'm so sorry!

"Dear Santa: Please bring me new fingers for Christmas. A hug for you and Mrs. Claus and a scritch behind the ears of the reindeer! Love, Patrice"

acorn hollow said...

I love the darling cups with the top. I am a slow coffee drinker and a top would be wonderful
Cathy

Marlis said...

OOh what a lovely post. It is all about the anticipation. I too would like that pumpkin on my list! and the little bird tea set is wonderful.

Johanna Gehrlein said...

Dear Donna,
oooh, so cute. I love the pumpkin. And surely the little sparrow set is cute. I can imagine how nice they would fit into your tablescapes. If santa Claus will not have a peek into your blog, I am sure the sparrow will fly by its own to your and bringt the tea set to you. I always told my childres: "Wishes are free".
Lovely Greetings, Johanna

Unknown said...

G'morn, Donna ~ TY for your sweet visit ... II have joined you now, also.

Loving birds, the sparrow set just beckons ... how precious.

When one quits wishing I always feel that the joy of anticipation & imagination are then limited. What fun to 'wish upon a star' ... sometimes dreams come true, other times they just fill the heart for a moment of joy.

Have a beautiful day ~
TTFN ~ Christmas joys ~
Marydon

Itchin' Stitchin' said...

Love that tea cup - Tea cups are on my wishlist as well this year :)

Nice and Easy Antiques said...

You be a good girl now and Santa will be nice to you...I promise!

Gloria said...

Pretty, pretty, pretty!!! Love these...:) I also love all of your beautiful table settings & collectibles in your older posts too. So very inpiring to view!
Thanks for visiting me over at my blog. I appreciate your kind comments! :)
xoxo Gloria
p.s. is this photo on your banner actually your home? Oh my, SOOOO beautiful!!

Lori Lynn said...

Love that white pumpkin! Is it a soup tureen?
♥´¨)
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*´¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.•´♥ Lori Lynn ♥

PS: I'm having a Holiday giveaway!!
http://lorilynnscottage.blogspot.com/2010/11/holiday-happiness-giveaway.html

Blessed Serendipity said...

Love anything with a bird. Those are charming! Happy WW.

-Danielle

Rebecca said...

I do hope that they are waiting for you to open on Christmas day!

Anonymous said...

I agree with your comments and I hope your wishes all come true...the teaset is pretty. But that tureen, now that really is INSPIRATIONAL! That's definitely ON MY WISH LIST now.
Warmest Hugs,
Sandi @ Ess D'Ess Bears and Bearly Sane Studio

Anonymous said...

Donna,
What lovely whites...but oh my goodness...your home in the snow is breathtaking! It always looks enchanting, but in the snow it really looks a fairytale!

time worn interiors said...

I love hot tea! I think it would taste so much better if served out of the bird teapot! So charming!
Theresa
aka:TOT

Anne said...

Sweet, sweet!! I've fallen in love with the picture of your snowy cottage, and am glad I discovered your blog!

Donna said...

What a cute little tea pot! I love anything with birds, and this is so sweet! Your home is just gorgeous all decked out in snow! Looks like something out of a fairy tale!!

Heaven's Walk said...

I would love to know, too, if that is indeed your beautiful home in your header. It is SOOOO awesome!!! Love the little birds on the teapots! Adorable! I hope that you get everything on your wish list! :)

xoxo laurie

Donna@Conghaile Cottage said...

Yes ladies that is my home in the header, and Thank you SO much for your Sweet Compliment... Hugs to you

~ ~ Ahrisha ~ ~ said...

Good Morning My Friend~ ~ ~
I adore the white pumpkin tureen and am making my way to your link. Isn't your Wish List much longer than these few items? Lets see more! I actually have a file for each catagory. Dream Kitchen, Dream china, Dream. . .Oh My the anticipation! What fun.
~ ~Ahrisha~ ~

Parisbreakfasts said...

The bird finial is irresistable.
Birds + china= a match made in heaven

Donna @ The House on the Corner said...

The tureen is amazing!! Such detail! I would LOVE to see your wishlist. You have impeccable tastes and I'm sure anything on your list would end up on mine ;-) My SIL and I have similar taste so I always enjoy shopping for her - I typically end up buying two of whatever I buy for her and keep one for myself!! Isn't that awful!!!

Heaven's Walk said...

Donna - Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving me the sweet comment! I am just in AWE of your beautiful home! It's so unique, so fairytale-like! You must just LUV living there! I'm now a happy follower!

xoxo laurie

Faye said...

I love the little birdie teapot! How pretty! Is that your house covered in snow???
Faye

(wildrosevintage)

Theresa MacNaughton said...

Oh, both these pieces are extremely beautiful! I can understand why you included them on your wish list. I love wintry white and they also have a nature element. Theresa

Sandy said...

Great wish list, love the tea cup with strainer, hope you get a whole set!

Simple Home said...

I think you have wonderful taste in your wishlist! You are so right about the "waiting" too :-)
Blessings,
Marcia

The Tablescaper said...

I love your philosophy of the wait. I'll have to pass that on to my children.

Great items on your wish list. I'll have to stop at the web site for a visit.

- The Tablescaper

Rebecca said...

Very wonderful! Love the brown and the bird... I wish the best for you and I am sure you will get it.
Blessings
Rebecca

Charlene said...

I LOVE the little brown birds!!!! ADORABLE! Be a really GOOD GIRL & maybe Santa will bring it to you! Thanks for sharing the tea site. Charlene

Nancy's Daily Dish said...

This is such a sweet post. I enjoyed reading your philosophy on the wait and about your dreams and wishes. I like each item you've shared with us but think my fave is the bird teapot and matching accessories. How adorable!

Have a great weekend,

Nancy

Bill said...

Hi Donna,

Everything on your wish list is truly charming! I enjoyed your thoughts on wishing, anticipation, and patience. Wonderful lessons for children and for the child in all of us.
Have a wonderful weekend!