CONGHAILE COTTAGE

CONGHAILE COTTAGE
"The love of gardening is a seed that once sown never dies" ...Gertrude Jekyll...

Translator

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Comfy Cozy Corners...

A few of my favorite things and "Lessons in Life"... I have learned the hard way that, If you REALLY LOVE something don't hesitate to "GRAB IT". We can use this fine lesson for just about everything (It's the way I snagged my Hubby 38 years ago). BUT right now I'm referring to the admiration I had for a set of "Le Soux Ceramique" that ALMOST got away from me because I did so much admiring that it was discontinued and I had to take the "Leftovers"... OK, I did get a bargain, they were HALF PRICE!!! The placemats and napkins are "April Cornell", I LOVE her linens, she keeps them fresh and inspiring and you can NEVER resist owning "Trunks of them"... Oh, and did I mention, "They are Compliment Magnets"!!!
"Le Soux Ceramique"... Isn't it "To Die For"!!! It's named for the village marketplace or "souk" in Arabic. These ceramic pieces are made by hand. All the artwork is done free hand, NEVER using decals, stencils or tracing and Certainly NO machine painting... Each piece is made on a pottery wheel in Tunsia, the northern most country of Africa. Le Soux Ceramique is keeping the Old World Ways Alive...
This beautiful plate is a "1910" Faience "Sujets Musicaux"... The whimsical artwork  features Sheet Music and scenes from the Opera... This plate is "Le Barbier de Seville"...
The wooden leaf charger is a one of a kind, I'll have to see if I can persuade Hubby to make at LEAST one more for me...
A few more pieces of my Le Soux...
Le Soux Ceramique is quite reasonable... It IS the best for holding heat... I have ONE problem with it! I wish they made a cup and saucer in proportion to their cute little teapot... As you can see here, their mug is HUGE, and their cup&saucers are for latte or soup SO their size is too large also... I have had to add  cups from my Syracuse china collection until I find "The perfect substitute for this set"... I have notified the company and no one seems to be interested in my problem... "Hmmmm"!!! BUT don't let that keep you away, I REALLY, REALLY love this set and think you would too!!!

This little guy is an Artesania Rinconada Quail... He moved in YEARS ago when I discovered him Stowed away in my luggage on a trip to California... I had never seen these little cuties here in New England, and it was Love at first sight SO I let him AND a few of his friends come home with me... Originally he's from Uruguay...



He's smiling at you, "Be Careful" or he'll melt your heart and "You'll have to let one of his friends move into your home"!

Le Soux Ceramique has recently added MORE of this pattern with a new name! I have been able now to add to my collection...SO EXCITED about that! BUT they still didn't add cups to match my adorable little teapot!!!
I have gotten in touch with the company "AND" they said they would pass my sugestion along!!!
 I am REPOSTING this post from a few years back seeing as my little table is set with them once again!!!
Miss you !!!

Big Squishy Hugs to you All!!!!!!!!!

27 comments:

Marlis said...

Great pieces. It's really so much fun to see your intriguing tables. I love the wooden plate. Another stunning creation. Thanks for sharing with us.

Jacqueline said...

Of course I am going to swoon over these gorgeous purple pieces! Wow, their colors are incredible. I love the little barber plate too. Very beautiful table, some of your favorite things are my favorites too.

Red Couch Recipes said...

Donna, I love your Le Soux. I have never seen them before and you arranged them so lovely. I took a peek at your post below -- what great pictures and a great vignette of your parents. Wish them a Happy 63rd Anniversary for me. Joni

Chari at Happy To Design said...

Hi Donna...

Ohh my...your Le Soux Ceramique is gorgeous! This is the first time that I have seen this beautiful dishware. The colors and pattern are lovely! I certainly can see why you fell in love with it. Donna, your table linens are so perfect with your treasured dishes...so pretty! Ohhh, and I absolutely adore the little quail! Yes, he would have found a way into my luggage as well! Hehe! Such a beautiful table, my friend...thank you so much for sharing it with us!!!

Warmest autumn wishes,
Chari @Happy To Design

My Shabby Streamside Studio said...

Adorable!

Bisous,

Sandy @ My Shabby Streamside Studio
http://myshabbystreamsidestudio.blogspot.com/

Carole said...

Lovely pieces and such great colors for this time of year.
Happy to have meet another fellow Ct'er. Is that a word?
Will follow along!
xx
Carole

Jacqueline~Cabin and Cottage said...

Such interesting collections! Love the French plate! Jacqueline

Johanna Gehrlein said...

Dear Donna,
I can understand why you love this pottrey so much. It is really charming in colors and design. You will probably find some matching cups in the colors lavender or yellow. You combined it so nicely with the table decoration. The litte quail is so cute. It looks mischievous.
Greetings, Johanna

Lynn said...

What a pretty setting Donna! Lovin' your little quail too-enjoy:@)

bj said...

I love these beautiful dishes. Your table, as always, is just wonderful. And, you are right, if I look too long at the little quail, I may have to find some of these dishes...:))

Sarah said...

Donna, I'm so happy to see you sharing one of your creative vignettes with beautiful dishes. Every aspect of this is stunning. Yes, Le Soux would warm my heart as well. Beautiful colors and style! As for the little quail ~ well, you know it is because of one of your post that I now own a teapot in furnivals brown quail. ;-) These little guys are pretty cute!
Thank you for sharing this beautiful setting. ~ Sarah

Linda (More Fun Less Laundry) said...

Donna, I often have trouble with stowaways in my luggage too! I don't know what to do about it! I love the way you mix your pieces. Somehow it all works! Linda

Ceekay-THINKIN of HOME said...

This is beautiful. I am not familiar with this pattern but I like it...I can see why you get lots of compliments!!

Thoughtfully Blended Hearts said...

Absolutely beautiful pieces Donna...I see why you love them so much!!!

Olive said...

They are splendid Donna and I love large mugs! ♥O

Theresa MacNaughton said...

So gorgeous and very elegant! Thank you for sharing. :) Theresa

Bella's Rose Cottage said...

Hi Donna, What a fun tablescape, love all the color!! Very cozy:-)
Bella

Debbie said...

Oh Donna, I could sit and enjoy this warm,and cozy setting all day. Love all the color and textures. Very sweet.
Debbie@houseatthelake

Donna @ The House on the Corner said...

Just stopping by for a visit and to let you know that I have picked you for the Stylish Blogger Award because I enjoy visiting and reading your blog so very much!

Please stop by The House on the Corner and pick up your award when you have a minute!!

Entertaining Women said...

Personal and personable...this is a great tablescape. I like that you have incorporated pieces that have memories attached to them. I might have to be ushered away from this table...I'd tend to sit there probably far too long! Thank you for sharing your charming design. Cherry Kay

Susan Freeman said...

Lovely!

Love,
Susan and Bentley
xxoo

Vintage Home said...

...oh my beautiful table!....love the Quail!

Bill said...

Hi Donna,

The colors are so rich and beautiful, and you've combined the various elements perfectly. Nicely done!

Jenny @ Simcoe Street said...

So beautiful!
I'm your newest follower :)

Katiuscia said...

Donna all of your pics are STUNNING,you're giving me a lot of new ideas for my house!

Honey at 2805 said...

Love you collection and the pictures are stunning. LeSoux is definately something to go on my wish/admire list!

Decor To Adore said...

What a beautiful fall filled vignette. Keep up the beautiful work!